“Fabulous stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Fabulous stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Just returned from a week at this hotel. The room was basic but kept very clean. A nice smallish hotel. One of the nicest restuarants in Olu Deniz and nothing is too much trouble for them. My husband dropped his wallet in the hotel grounds and it was returned to him thank goodness. Not a single thing was missing from the wallet.....Will definately stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Turkish first
Worcester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

On arrival to Turkey 4 of us flew into Dalaman airport and got our transfer to the Blue Star Hotel, only took just over an hour, however we were asked if we wanted a drink and me and my Dad had a Beer and the others a water. Didnt know if it was a courtesy drink or if we had to pay, however when being dropped off I gave the driver a 10 lira tip and he looked at it disgusted and said can of beer 7 lira each. I said sorry gave him a 20 lira note, waiting for him to give me the ten back. He just said I keep the ten as well for tip, jumped in his van and drove of. This made me really annoyed, so please be warned about the drinks if you get the transfer. Anyway none of this reflects on the hotel, but I felt I needed to mention it for those who will use it to get there.

When we checked in late the night porter spoke little english, which caused a problem when he said "I keep passports". I asked why and he just looked at me, after telling him that I wasnt happy with him keeping all our passports, he rang someone who spoke better English to come and explain. This younger male came and just "Dont worry we keep passports to record information, give you back in the morning" He then put them behind the desk in an open letterbox that anyone could have access to. I politely said "Im sorry but im not letting you keep our passports, if you want the information you can either write it down now or ill come back in the morning with them" At this they got really annoyed at us opened up a book and started writing down the information. Im sorry but ive always been told to keep the passport with you at all times. Im sure it would of been safe with them, but I dont take that chance. So in all it wasnt a great start to our trip.

The room we were given was clean and comfortable if not a little small, however were only in the room to sleep and get ready to go out, so not a problem. Maid service was good and the shower nice and powerful. The pool area was again clean, plenty of sunbeds and good size pool. However, the pool was freezing when you first got in.

The location was really good as well, away from the main strip and just round the corner from the beach. What let it down for us was the staff, all the reviews read how friendly and helpful the staff are. I never really found this, in fact at times we felt unwelcome and like we were an inconvenience. The young girl that worked their was particularly rude would rather watch TV then help you at reception, took drink orders and just walked off and talked to someone else. The staff would be short with us when we asked a question, just not good. Im not sure if we had upset them, but I cant see how, we are not difficult people and are always friendly.

A lot people also complained about the breakfast, it comprised of eggs, ham, cheese, bread, tomato, olives, coffee, orange and watermelon. I thought this was fine, but some of the people I was with wanted more fruit available and yogurt. On the first day I asked a young member of staff who worked there where the breakfast was, he said "Two for Breakfast" I realised he thought I wanted to buy two breakfasts and so I said "No, im a guest and have already paid" I then saw where the breakfast place was and I said "I go over their, no breakfast". 15 minutes later he came over with two fried breakfasts, I politely said "No Thankyou" He was less than impressed, for the rest of the holiday everytime I went to breakfast he just gave me an evil look.

I know this was a massive review, but wanted to explain my reasoning's. The hotel gets the basic rights but my experiences was unfriendly, which is why I give it a 3 star rating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Medstead, Alton, Hants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We have just returned from yet another three week star at the Blue Star Hotel, Oludeniz. As always, it was just wonderful - Mehmet and his staff just cannot do enough to help you, the accommodation is just superb, cleanliness sublime, pool is immaculate, it cannot be faulted in any possible way. We always have the deluxe rooms, larger than the standard, air-con included and it also comes a fridge. Try it once and, like us and many, many others, you will be hooked - we NEVER go anywhere else - there's no need. The Blue Star restaurant, independently run, is incredible too.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely and all face the pool but the deluxe are larger, have air-con included and a fr...
plymouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The blue star is a joy to stay at,the restaurant and pool area are kept immaculately clean and tidy, and its location is perfect ,really close to the beach ,shops and bars,all the staff are friendly without going over the top,our room was very basic but cleaned daily ,as are most of the rooms we have stayed in whilst staying in turkey over the years.The absence of a fridge was unexpected,but they are available for £4 a day as was the air con.The air con was a must for us and worked perfectly,the shower in the small but adequate bathroom was very good ,really good water pressure.The food in the restaurant is excellent for both lunch and evening meals.We stayed B/B which was the standard cereal ,boiled eggs ,bread, cheese tomato,olives etc etc,juice and coffee,Drinks at the bar are on par with most other places around the resort
We rally enjoyed our holiday at the blue star and would definitely stay there again.

Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife & I Have been coming to stay here in late summer for the last 8 years and we keep coming back for more.
The staff are friendly & welcoming.
The rooms are basic but clean,we have the delux version which is a little larger and has the benefit of a fridge. The location is excellent,just 50mtrs from the beach,but not too noisy in the evening,we can get to sleep at 23.00 if required. Breakfast is the usual Turkish style with eggs,olives,tomatoes,melon and local cheeses.
The restaurant is also very good.

Staffs, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel is a gem and the staff are delightful. The manager is warm, friendly and caring. They are so helpful. Our transfer was so late and they all rallied around to call for us. The hotel is right in the middle of wonderful shops, cafes and 100 m from the beach. i would recommend the boat trips as they are well worth it! A beautiful realxing day, not really recommended for small children though as they grow restless, tired, bored and extremely hot!
The food (wherever you decide to eat) is great and you can have anything you like. The prices of the drinks are very good (£1.50 a pint of local beer, which is lovely). I cannot say anything bad about Olu Deniz, it is delightful! You can get buses to any of the little towns around and the blue lagoon is just a walk down the beachfront. The people are all friendly, helpful and full of wit and charm! What are you waiting for? Great holiday!

Room Tip: Rooms on the firt or second floor are a lot better than the ground floor ones.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have been visiting Oludeniz since 2006; every once a year, with my wife and my son. To date, I have stayed at Blue Star at least 4 times... and I have no regrets!

The hotel may not be the "Star Rating Hotel" according to the book! But for me it has 5 STARS!

Why?
1) Staff Friendly & Human...say "how are you today"! and they are your friends;
2) Rooms, clean(every day; you have to appreciate the maids doing up the room for you every day as if this was your first!) and spacious;
3) Location, Ideal...only 250 meters or so( my measurement may be a bit off) from the gate to the beach and main promenade
4) Small friendly hotel..not over crowded, no fighting for the sun bed!
5) Above all, Mehmet, the owner/manger of the hotel. You have a (genuine) problem, he will sort it out for you!. And he is available every single day of the season, you just got to ask nicely!
Those are above my "5 Stars" for this hotel.

I Know what I am sharing here. I am a travel journalist believe me, I am not being paid for this; I would just like you to have " value for money"!... i would not be doing justice if not speaking the truth. And if any of you find my statement untrue from personal experience, just let me know and i will pick it up with Mehmet. Hope you enjoy Oludeniz... Paradise on Earth!

Been to Blue Star Hotel? Share your experiences!