“Great Holiday” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ovacik Oludeniz, Oludeniz 48000, Turkey   |
Ranked #61 of 105 Hotels in Oludeniz
“Great Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was our second visit to The Yel this year. We arrived mid Oct for 10 days. On our arrival we received a lovely warm welcome from the hotel reception , our cases were carried to our room. Everywhere, our room, Dining room, Pool area and the Terrace were kept really clean and tidy, as were all the tables. The sunbeds were cleaned each morning, by the hard working housekeeping staff.
At each mealtime, the staff would greet you and say 'enjoy your meal'. A wide variety of hot and cold food was served, from kebabs, chicken, rice , salad bar, and plenty of cake and fruit. At 3pm outside, they serve fresh home made pizza, jacket potatoes, burgers. No matter what your taste is, there is plenty of choice, you certainly won't go hungry.
The entertainer Mickey, was always on hand to keep us occupied, daytime there was the flume slide, darts, night time was music, quiz, karaoke, and we had a movie which started just before 9pm, the latest Die Hard movie.
Although being near to closing for the season, there was plenty of helpful, polite, hard working, and friendly staff to accommodate everyone, to ensure we all had a good holiday.
Overall our experience at The Yel was great, look forward to returning May next year for our third time.
Thank you to everyone at the Yel.

Room Tip: Anyone who has a mobility problem should ask for a ground floor room, as many of the rooms have step...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Hotel was clean and tidy and the smell of jasmine hit you as you walked through the grounds. Food was very disappointing. Ok if you liked salad but very often desserts ran out before we were halfway through the sitting. Some of the staff were great, others were not.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great value holiday, food a little bit disappointing but apart from that an excellent holiday especially for couples. Highly recommend catching the local dolmus bus into oludeniz for a fantastic night out for couples and families. Great holiday

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our second time at the Yel. The friendliness extends from the owner to all staff who work diligently to make your stay as comfortable and hygienic as possible. This is by no means a five star resort but the cost, one of the cheapest in the area, makes it a five star hotel for value. I will return again because I am assured a warm welcome, very clean rooms, excellent bathrooms, good basic food and tremendous staff. Thank you for a great experience.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ilkeston, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We arrived around 1900 hours to a warm welcome from the lovely Leyla, who we met on our first visit in May. A nice young lad took our cases to the room for us, no mean feat as there are a lot of steps and each case weighed over 20 kg. Everyone who was working there in May recognised us instantly. I think that day was probably the warmest welcome I have ever received. We had our first meal with Mikey (the entertainments guy) we had a great catch up and a good laugh.

The rooms are very comfortable and clean, the bathrooms are very nice, and the air-con is a real bonus. The maid cleaned every day and they worked really hard, as did everyone !

I do not understand the comments regarding the drinks. The beer is not watered down, it comes in kegs and is on draught ??? Also, I had no issues with the measures of spirits, quite the opposite, I was trolleyed on more than one occasion (sorry) !

The food was also good, a choice of hot foods (chicken, kebabs, chips, rice, pasta, vegetables etc.). There was also a salad bar available with cold meats. For breakfast you had a choice of cereals, toast, yoghurt, chilled meats. Also on alternating days you could have fried eggs, omelettes, or pan cakes. There was also baked beans and boil eggs on offer. The snacks in the afternoon were also and added bonus, you could have a jacket potato, burgers, chips, and pizza. If you do fancy something different I would recommend Sandinos, just about a 5 minute walk in the direction of Hisaronu, probably one of the best curries I have ever had !

Everywhere around this hotel was kept spotlessly clean (I am ex-armed forces and very picky) and the gardens are absolutely beautiful and well maintained. Everything in the hotel was well maintained.

Mikey worked hard, he is a lovely funny guy, he kept us entertained with quizzes, karaoke, music, darts, rifle shooting etc. In May we had belly dancing, fire dancers, and African dancing but with the hotel getting ready to close we did not have them this time, which was not an issue. Mikey will always sit and have a chat with you and have a laugh, I miss him.

I think the biggest asset to this hotel is all the staff, some had left since May (including one of my Turkish brothers, such is the way of seasonal work), I don't think I have ever met a nicer, friendlier, or harder working bunch of people and some of the harsh reviews I find very annoying and out of order, but people will always be nasty, unfortunately.

We are booked in to go back in May 2014 and I can't wait. this will be our third visit. I honestly didn't want to leave this last time. The hotel has a bunch of regulars who stay twice a year and I think I have now joined this club. We saw a few people we had met in May and it was great to catch up with them again. Also met some new people who were great, we had a good laugh.

I had never considered visiting Turkey until my first visit, however, I can honestly say I love Turkey and the Turkish people as they are some of the nicest people I have ever met and I will be returning for years to come.

Thank you to Serda, Leyla, Mikey, Hasan, Funda, and everyone else at the hotel for giving us such a good time. Take care and we will see you soon. I miss you all !.

Derry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My Wife and I don't normally book last minute, but due to other circumstances we had to this year. I think if we had planned in Aug, this would not have been our destination of choice, but we were both pleasantly surprised with the Hotel.

For a Budget All Inc, the place was extremely clean. Its Apartments, so anyone elderly or with mobility issues, this might not suit. Also because you are up the Hill a bit, it can get quite chilly at night. Everyone has their jackets or cardigans to dinner.

Location wise, it's out of the town a bit, a good 20-30 mins walk, but the dolmus runs regularly to either Fethiye or Oludeniz.

Room Tip: The Hotel runs a free shuttle to and from the beach, but you have to pay for loungers and drinks whe...
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

we arrived here after transferring from another hotel and what a welcome we got.
everybody from the manager to the cleaning staff could not have been nicer.
making our stay so much more enjoyable.
ahmet in the dining room deserves extra credit because he just work's so hard.
hassan and omer at the bar were friendly and always willing to help.
the room's were spotless. the garden's perfect. the food was basic but plentiful but you have to remember it was the end of the season. and as we ate out most night's it never bothered us.
we made some new friend's here both staff and guest's
and then there is mikey the entertainer !! what can i say he is so bad at pronouncing english word's it's very very funny i really hope he is there when we return next year
to everybody at yel thank you for a fantastic holiday
peter and mandy room c138

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Yel Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!