“Great holiday!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 90 hotels in Oludeniz
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My and my girlfriend (both aged 27) recently stayed here for a week and we both had a brilliant time. We wanted a nice cheap late holiday somewhere sunny and this was perfect. We'd go back tomorrow if we could.

The hotel was really nice and very well kept. The rooms were basic, but still nice and clean. I don't plan on spending all my time in the room while I'm on holiday, so I'm happy with a bed and a nice power shower, which they provided.

All the staff are nice and friendly. Most of them speak little English, but they'll still try and have a conversation with you if you try with them. They work very long hours for very little money, so at least treat them with respect and be polite.

The food isn't as bad as a few people complain about either. Remember how much you're paying for the holiday and be reminded that it's a 3* in Turkey. The breakfasts had lots of variety and I was happy with the snack bar, which had cheeseburgers, pizza and chips available (I know, very english). We ate in at night around 3-4 times of the holiday and again, very nice. As for the alcohol - I was more than happy with it. I've seen a lot of complaints on reviews before we left and didn't think I'd be able to have anything but when we got there, I didn't know what the fuss was about. They had a lager on called "Perge" which was totally fine. I happily drank it all week. I didn't really drink spirits, but I did see someone complaining about the measures, which was abit unfair as the staff are only doing what they're told. If you ask them for abit more, then they'll happily give you it.

So all in all, the hotel was spot on and I can't have any complaints.

I'd highly recommend going to Billy Beach. The hotel put on a free service to the beach at 10 and 11am and a return at 4 and 5pm. The beach is amazing. It's about 7 lira for a bed all day but it's great. It's a sandy beach (there's a few pebble beaches in Olu Deniz). The sea water is really still too and calm.

Make a trip down to Olu Deniz and watch the sunset. We ate in a lovely restuarant called The Buzz Bar and the food was impeccable. We both had starters and fillet steaks and drinks and it came to around £40. There's also a couple of nice restuarants in Hisaronu called The Festival and The Suntrap.

I'd also recommened doing the Jeep Safari, which we booked in Hisaronu. We booked the Safari with a company and paid around £16. We paid a few pound more to get a good jeep, with leather seats and it was worth it. Remember, you're sitting on them all day! We seen a few jeeps and people were stuck on wooden planks all day, so I'm sure the upgrade was worth it. On this Safari there was 4 jeeps of around 12 people each. Everyone buying water guns and having fights throughout - it was great! We went up to the mountains and went to a type of waterpark and tickled / stroked the fish. We then went to a famous gorge and then done water water rafting, which was brilliant fun. We then went and had a mudbath! We ended up on a beach for two hours and then they take you back to your hotel. It's about a 10 hour day and great fun - expect to get wet! There was also a photographer on the trip and he took brilliant pictures throughout, ones which you couldn't have captured yourself and most of the time you didn't notice he was taking them. He charges 55 lira, but they were worth every penny.

There's also a famous 'drag' night in Hisaronu called 'Talk Of The Town'. We heard a lot of good things about this so we decided to go and again, it was worth it. It's from 7pm to 11:30pm and it's a really funny night.

If you like watching the football, there's a few places in Hisaronu that has all the games on!
I went into a place called Alexs Cocktail Bar on Saturday and they had all the 3pm matches on. Luckily my girlfriend likes watching it too!

All in all - it was a great holiday and I'd certainly go back.

572 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Turkish first
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Good points: Clean, lovely surroundings, majority friendly staff. Modern bathrooms, nice views, great pool. Close to some good restaurants, excellent curry at Sandinos. Soft drinks are coke, sprite and fanta. Reception very helpful and manager is always present and very chatty. The young waiters are all lovely and work very hard.
Bad points: Beds very hard and uncomfortable, food very repetitive and cant help yourself to the main dishes! Beer is awful, Purge is the brand and is a good name for it. Main bar man is very rude, disrespectful was always ignoring me if a younger person was at the bar or trying to take the mickey out of me! didnt do it when hubby was present! and if you ask for a spirit your lucky if you get 1cms worth in your glass!
Entertainer is dreadful, puts no effort in and has the music and the mike up very loud and likes the sound of his own voice.

Cleaner went through our cases on the second day, took out all my makeup and kept moving everything, had cigarettes in mine at the bottom wrapped in clothes which she took out. Lost my bracelet for a couple of days then found it wrapped around one of the light fittings! felt invaded, we hired a safe for £20 for the two weeks, so luckily nothing of value left in room.

Third time in turkey and this is a pretty standard hotel, if i ever go back turkey, will go self catering because its cheap to eat out or pay the extra and go a good 4 or 5 star!

Room Tip: As far away from the pool as possible, as the entertainment at night time very loud, also mosque clo...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

loved the hotel,the location has awesome views,its spotless,gud food,and most of the staff are friendly and polite,shame just two barstaff let the rest down,rude and miserable is not wot u want on hols. also shame about the drinks yes folks im afraid they are watered down,only the wine,if u can call it that,is full strength.if the management could sort these things out this hotel would be perfect,despite those couple of things we all thoroughly enjoyed our hols and wud go back there

• Stayed September 2013
kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

on returning to the yel this year i am afraid that i wont be going back again after given the yel a good review last year this year was a let down the resort itself is still kept very clean but you would think you are in a prison with all the new rules and regulations prob because they have spent so much out on the upgrades of the rooms shame they didn spend it on the sewarage some days the smell was unberable still you do get that in a lot of countries my main thing this year was how rude the staff were how bad the food was infact i only ate there a few times as i am not a fussy person but it was not good at all the sunbeds were so close together you could just about squeeze yourself on them every ehere you look there are rulesi think they should think that we have paid money for what we have and do on holiday and relax a bit so i will not be returning again i am sorry to say diisaponted with the whole yel stay ............

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Travelled 28th August for 1 week
1 adult, 1 teenager and 1 child

Arrived about 10:30pm and was quickly checked in and taken to our room. Quite a few stairs and slopes, but that's what you get if your hotel is up the mountain.

As there was 3 of us in the room it was a little small but we only use the room to sleep and shower. Lovely and clean, bathrooms are nice. Air con worked perfectly fine. TV had about 3 English channels including a movie channel. Fridge has drinks in which you have to pay for, the prices are on the outside so you can keep track of what you owe. They tried to charge us for a coke at the end of the holiday which we did not take. Thankfully they believed us! Only complaint about the rooms was the fact we only ever had 2 towels put in when there was 3 of us. I know we probably could of gone up and asked for more but to be honest, we were on holiday and too lazy to walk up all the steps to reception!! Also they could do with flipping mattresses as there was a rather large dip in my bed. You have to leave the rooms at 11 but you can keep your room until 5pm for 42tl.

Pool area and bars were kept clean. It was sometimes hard to get beds as people reserved them early. The slide was good fun, although I'm sure a few times it didn't come on when it was suppost too. Bar staff were friendly, sometimes they chatted to you, sometimes they were busy, understandable. We already knew the bar closed at 11 so we made sure we had enough by then.

Entertainment man Mikey was not great. He did darts and shooting in the day and some other random activities, but when he got everyone in the pool to play volleyball, he'd walk off and leave them too it when really, he should be keeping score? The one day he turned up hungover and wasn't fit for anything. Night time entertainment was ok. He'd do karaoke or a quiz - but you didn't win anything. A cocktail or something would have been a bit more encouraging. On a few nights the bar staff did Turkish dancing, nice to watch. I saw the mini disco about three times over the week. If no kids came up when he called, he wouldn't bother. He really should have went round and encouraged them to dance. The shows on the night were good but personally I think they were a bit late. He started quizzes at about half 9 and the shows started about half 10. If you go in to dinner about 8ish its a while to keep yourselves occupied. Plus you have to get up during the shows to get last drinks from the bar.

Its 17tl to get a taxi into Hisaronu. Or you can get the dolmus bus for 2tl each just down the hill from the hotel. They stop running at 12pm so after then you would need a taxi as it is a long walk! The centre is nice, lots of bars, shops and restaurants. We didn't go to billys beach while we were there, instead we got the dolmus to Olu Deniz and walked along the bit of beach which was free. It was all pebble and hurt your feet a bit. The 'nature reserve' was a nicer beach but you had to pay to get in.

Food was ok. Breakfast always had bread and beans. And they cooked either fresh omelettes, fried eggs or pancakes. 3 choices of cereal. There was a man who cooked fresh bread which was delicious! I really enjoyed the soup, the tomato and rice soup was especially good! So much so that I was tempted to kidnap the chef who made it and bring them home to make me the soup every day haha! They did usually serve the food for you, but they don't want waste. Don't be afraid to go up and ask for more. I told them it was tasty and they were more than happy to give me more! Snack bar was fine. A lot of people didn't seem to enjoy it but I thought it was alright. Nice jacket potatoes, and although the chicken burger was 3 chicken nuggets on a bun it was better than a chicken burger I paid for when I ate out!

Location was nice, but wasn't right for us. We knew where it was, we would have just liked to be in walking distance from the centre. It was quiet and the mountains in the background looked stunning in the day! You can also see Hisaranou all lit up at night.

We booked our transfers separately which we had to reconfirm. The one man at reception (not sure who he was) phoned up the company for us to make sure they were still coming which was soo much easier as he was Turkish speaking to a Turkish person. He also came to see if we wanted him to ring the company when they were 10 minutes late. They turned up 5 minutes later though. Very helpful and nice man!

Overall, a really nice holiday and I would return :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I am well known for my, "say it as I see it opinions" and as usual will pull no punches. I am not associated with Yel other than a guest as stated below, nor am I affiliated with any other shop or hotel mentioned here in. These are my own opinions.

I stayed at the Yel for 10 days "12/9/13 - 21/9/13 in room B125 with my new wife as a honeymoon couple. We asked for a quiet room not on the ground floor with a double bed, and we received what we asked for. Due to delay on the flight our arrival was 3 am but was quickly checked in to our room where the maids had made the bed up with love hearts of flowers and swans (nice touch).

Room was clean, cool, with new bathroom and a very powerful shower, new windows and doors with aircon (which is free), this is normally an extra in other hotels of the same calibre I have stayed in other countries. Free fridge which is stocked with cold drinks priced very reasonably.

When we woke up, which was very late we missed our breakfast which was our own fault but went to the very handy Dunbar restaurant over the road.

there are no safes in the rooms but they are available in the reception for £20 for 2 weeks.

Now for the review of the hotel :-

Grounds:-

The grounds are very well kept and look great in full bloom. Go and try to find the large tortoise.

Meals are more than adequate, even for the most picky of eaters of which my wife is one, she always found something to eat. If you want the gateau then you had better be there early as it goes very quickly due to it being absolutely brilliant. The portions are given in smaller portions to conserve waste but if you require a larger portion just ask (I did) and you will be given more. After a few days they recognised me and just gave me a larger helping without asking.

Staff:-

very friendly staff, please don't mistake being friendly with making a pass at you. Turkish people as with all eastern countries are very family orientated and love children, don't offend them by not trusting them. The staff at the Yel work very hard all day show your gratitude by leaving them with a tip. The staff are there to make your holiday as best as it can be, they are equally being monitored by management to make sure this is so. Any complaints can be taken up with management as they are on site all day and night,

Drinks:- Not being large drinkers this did not bother us as we drank copious amounts of coffee and tea which was available all day and night until closing time. The sugar is not as sweet as the UK so you will need to put more in. the coffee from the machine does not give out enough mill but there is a milk jug next to it to compensate for this. when we did have an alcoholic drink we did need to ask them to top it up a bit which they did willingly.

Pool area:

This was clean and there are signs around warning of any necessary dangers. It is cold but once your in its ok, There are free lilo's available that people have left behind, for the pool and are located in a cupboard near the water slide. Ware polo is offered by Mikey everyday, except a Sunday but very few people seem to take him up on this.

Other pool activities include, air gun shooting, killer darts and killer pool. I did part take in these as it gave the wife time to do the things she wanted to do without me (shopping) and it gave me time to cool down out of the sun and to socialise with the other guests who also took part. (Elvis, Gail, El Sid, Mikey, the manager, Gary, Bailey and Norman Bates to mention just a few. It doesn't matter how "embarrassingly" good or bad you are it is just good old fashioned fun.

Entertainment:-

Mikey does the entertainment for the day and night and tries to get everyone to join in but for some reason only a select few do, I suggest the ones that moan about the entertainment join in instead of moaning you will see how much fun you can have, Mikey does a great job and even sings on karaoke in his own unique way. (remember English isn't his first language), and until the critiques can sing in perfect English & Turkish, in front of foreign guests then I'm afraid your opinions on his singing skills are not warranted or valid. (thats my opinion not Yel's).

Children entertainment:-

I can't comment on this really as we were a couple with no children, there is a children's pool and a water slide (which I tested a few times) well more than a few really, which was enjoyable, but as it was September there were no children there. I did however speak to several member's of staff who said not many children go there and the hotel is aimed at adults who wants a quiet holiday. Which is exactly what we wanted and received.

Night entertainment : -

we saw some great shows at the Yel, fire eaters, belly dancer, Michael Jackson tribute show, to mention a few, thoroughly enjoyed them all.

Yel does not supply beach towels or kettles, and neither do any other 3-4 star hotels i,ve stayed in over the last 30 years. Come on what do to want for your money?, its not a 5 star hotel, if you want 5 star treatment then pay five 5 money. I have seen comments that mention this and all I can say to these people is "READ THE REVIEWS FIRST, AND BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS LIKE THE REST OF US"

Things to do:-

Go to Billys beach on the resorts free coach, this is a really good day out on beach, Blue lagoon is also recommended.

Take the Dolmus to go shopping in Hisaranu for 2 lira, night time is best for the shopping as it is cooler. taxi is 15 lira and can be flagged down or you can press the taxi posts on the side of the road.

Men have a Turkish massage and shave, you will want to go back everyday.
women , body massage, pedicure or manicure for a very little money.

Go to Del-Boys restaurant in Hisaranu, unbelievable prices and even more exceptional food.

Do some bartering in the shops the owners love it and so will you once you get in to the swing of it. we got some great bargains.

Visit the Dragonara restaurant, you might be waiting for a table but well worth the wait.

Now for the bad points :-

1) A rooster woke us up early every morning (not a Yel problem, but thought I would mention it,)
2) We couldn't find the Tortoise. :)
3) Very steep hills and lots of steps and no lifts, not for people with disabilities.
4) No life guard during the day - essential if children are staying there.
5) Waiters sometimes a bit too quick to take plates and cutlery.

My overall review is, a well managed hotel by dedicated friendly staff. Who do everything to make your holiday the best you ever had.

Would I go back? - yes definitely.

Room Tip: Blocks A & B are very quiet
Ilford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just got back from a turkey staying at the yel resort. The rooms were very basic although the bathroom was very impressive. Very clean hotel with clean towels every day. Our rep was excellent she was very helpful. The entertainment was very poor as it was only on from 10 - 11 at night. The all inclusive stopped at eleven and after that you had to pay including coffee and tea. The food was eatable the best part was the snack bar in the afternoon which was always hot. Otherwise it was always cold. Not a lot of choice unless you like salad and chips. No good if you have walking problems because there is no lift and there was a lot of climbing. The pool area was always kept clean and plenty of sun beds. Went on the jeep safari excellent value for money and also talk of the town is well worth a night out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Yel Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!