“best hotel i have been to in turkey been their 4 times” 5 of 5 stars

Blue Lagoon
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oludeniz Beach, Oludeniz 48300, Turkey   |
Ranked #54 of 105 Hotels in Oludeniz
whitburn west lothia Scotland
“best hotel i have been to in turkey been their 4 times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

the hotel is out of this world! the staff are excellent head man is george he will do anything for you. the food is super, Ialways go bed & breakfast and its a help yourself to as much you can eat. At night you can eat at the hotel which is very cheap! icant find no fault with this hotel and i have been going to turkey for 14 year's. so book early as it is booked up by the end of May.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I'm just back from Olu Deniz – the best place in the world! 22/9-6/10/12.

This was my first stay at the Blue Lagoon Hotel which was recommended to me by a very good friend. I couldn't have had a more perfect stay.

The hotel is just wonderful and the staff absolutely fabulous. The thanks list is like one at the Oscars – first and foremost the wonderful Ogun who I've known for years and is just the best – tamam Mum ! Esra, Merve (who won't be there next year sob) in reception, Okyay, Lefter, Osman (I think) and George in the restaurant, Ibo the fantastic pool and handy man, Mustafa, Bayram and Martin in the bar, and those behind the scenes in the kitchen. To Sulieman who carried my bags and Cigdem who cleaned my room every day. To everyone – a huge thank you for making my holiday so perfect.

My room was bijou but well formed and had a really nice view over the pool so I could see the sun rise over the hills. You have to pay a little extra for safe box, air-conditioning and mini-bar but the prices were reasonable.

This was my second trip on my own and felt totally comfortable both in the hotel and resort. I stayed on bed and breakfast so I could eat in the hotel when I wanted but let me go out as well. Breakfast was served between a very convenient 8-10am and was the usual buffet of cereals, toast and jam/marmalade, boiled eggs, fresh fruit salad and yoghurt, toast and every so often there were specials served : omlettes, pancakes, beans all on different days.

The evening food was delicious and the Turkish night with the belly dancer and staff show was such a laugh. I won a boat trip for two in the raffle, me and two girls I met round the pool took a sunset cruise amongst all the romantics and had a whale of a time.

The hotel is located far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the main strip but is only a 10 minute stroll to the beach if you take baby steps ! There is a fabulous team of chaps in the barber's shop on the site of the hotel, where a whole team of us had semi permanent eyebrows. Such nice lads.

The only thing I would say that although there are ramps for cases/wheelchairs etc, they are very steep and there are quite a few steps which might make tackling them a bit difficult.

I'm already booked for next May and just can't wait. I made so many new friends which hated leaving and can't wait to get back.

Room Tip: Block C balconies face the book and the early morning sun.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Me and my now fiance stayed here at the blue lagoon hotel in august for a week, it was the best holiday we have ever had, (as he asked me to marry him here too, up in the mountain over looking the sunset!!)The weather was wall to wall sunshine and VERY hot, but pool lovely, and lots of shade to sit in, so no probs. We would recommend it to all ages. The staff were fantastic, and they are always there to help. George goes out of his way every day to make sure everyone is ok. Rooms were basic, but so clean and the whole place is so well looked after. Beach 5 mins walk away, and the strip where there are bars, shops and resturants are on the door step, but had no noise from it at all. We hired a quad bike from the neighbouring town, it made our holiday even more exciting, as we saw lots more than we would of on foot although there is a regular bus service that takes you to other towns. We will be back!!!! Thanks Blue Lagoon.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher levels are the best, but u not in them much, so I dont see it matters.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Leeds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a week at the beginning of October with my wife. Upon arrival at midnight we were met by 3 men in the reception area and it wasn't clear if they employees of the hotel or not. The booking in procedure was simple but there was no warmth or pleasantries at all. Having showed us to our room (something that I was quite happy to do for myself) one of these 3 males then proceeded to wait uncomfortably too long expecting a tip of sorts. The room itself was basic but clean. No tea or coffee making facilities, no fridge, no in room safe and no air con. There was no information in the room or down in reception as to whether air con was a chargeable extra. Hot water in the mornings was hit and miss. Our room overlooked the pool and bar area which was pleasant except for on a night time when loud music was played until 0100 - 0200 hrs making sleep difficult especially if you're a light sleeper. Breakfast was quite bland and the selection quite limited (hard boiled eggs, plastic looking cheese and ham, salad, cereals and bread). Did not eat or drink in the bar/restaurant at any other times so can't comment further. The hotel pool was large and looked quite inviting but there was the usual problem of the same people laying towels out before breakfast to nab the best spots. The hotel itself was well located just 100 yards up from the top of the main pedestrianised shopping street and provided an ideal base to explore Oludeniz and the surrounding area. Staff not particularly friendly and never went out of their way in a morning to say hello etc at breakfast. Having said all that, you have to bare in mind that we only paid approximately £35 - 40 a night for the room so expectations have to be a bit limited. Overall a distinctly average hotel, excellent for a base if you do not actually want to spend any time in the hotel itself.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Walsall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Just returned from two weeks at this hotel, staff are friendly and the pool and rooms are exceptionaly clean. Food as usual in Turkey is VERY repetitive, if you are expecting english breakfast forget it, boiled eggs, the odd pancake and omlette and more boiled eggs.
If you want air conditioning you pay extra. We asked for a quite high floor and was given a ground floor overlooking the pool and bar, the music from the bar was far too load at times, all I could hear in my room was very load bass from the music.
Anything you buy at this hotel is charged to a card, it pays to check your bill, if I hadn't have asked for a detailed bill i would have been charged for next doors drinks. I don't drink so I knew it wasn't mine, there was no argument it was sorted. Usual towels on sunbeds, so you need to be up early if you are a sunbather

Room Tip: My room was 142 it had been modernised and was very clean
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Having just come back from the blue lagoon hotel, I can honestly say what a lovely hotel it is! The pool & bar areas are kept very clean & comfortable to sit around, the rooms are basic but are cleaned everyday to a high standard! We had two meals in the hotel, the stake night which was the best stake I have ever eaten & the Turkish night wish again was a good night both really worth the money! George, Mustafa, Lefter & all the other staff help you out as much as they can & are all a good laugh! Made some good friends this year & can't wait to go back! Would recommend this hotel to everyone! See you next year! Room 104 :)

• Stayed September 2012
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had a really lovely 14 day stay at the Blue Lagoon Hotel 10th-24th sept The staff were friendly and very helpfull The rooms were really clean and we had maid service every day with clean towels daily The breakfast was very nice with plenty of choice. We had a good variety to choose from on the menu at lunch times The sandwiches were to die for. Enjoyed ice-cream time a lot. The pool area was always clean and the toilets were imaculate which makes a pleasant change. Would definately return to The Blue Lagoon.

Room Tip: When booking ask for 1st floor room or above facing the pool area
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!