“Amazing, Best Holiday!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Llantrisant, United Kingdom
“Amazing, Best Holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just came home few days ago after 2 amazing weeks at the Flamingo where I stayed with my 2 children and my parents. The setting of the hotel upon arrival exceeded our expectations and we were greeted warmly by staff who insisted on carrying all our luggage. The rooms were very clean with bedding and towels changed regularly and the cleaning staff very attentive making lovely patterns with the bedding each day. During our stay we were half board and all the staff were truly entertaining and extremely helpful and attentive and found that the more time you spent chatting with the staff the more it felt like they were your friends. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff from Katy at reception to waiters, Hakan, Cihat, Caner, to Deniz and Orkan at the Bar. The food was varied and all well cooked and the children were catered for which made us not want to venture much out of the hotel as we found ourselves having lunch their too. In the evenings there were events on a couple of times a week from pool parties to Turkish night with belly dancers and a fire show and the other evenings simply staying round the bar was entertaining with the cocktails and friendly conversations and Deniz with juggling bottles on fire. The holiday was the best I had in a long time and Marco one of the managers there ensured you had everything you needed from an umbrella round the pool to having games of snooker/pool with the family but the Hotel Manager Hakan Efe Sakalli deserves this review I am giving for all the work that he and his staff do to ensure you truly have a fabulous holiday which I will remember for a long time until I go back, which I will !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HakanEfesakalli, General Manager at Flamingo Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments they are really ımportant for us.I do hope to see you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Turkish first
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed at Flamingo Hotel in July 2013. Couldn't have been made to feel more welcome by all the staff. Our room was fabulous with very comfy beds and monsoon shower. Every morning when we came out of our room we had a fantastic view of Olu Deniz bay. We were on bed and breakfast basis and having been to various hotels in Turkey over the last 20 years, the breakfast had the most options I have ever seen. As this was a relaxing holiday we spent most days by the choice of two pools at the hotel. You must try the pizzas for lunch!! You must also try the amazing cocktails, particularly the Zoglu zululu ugulagalumba ice cream cocktail. This hotel really caters for all the family and we can't thanks Hakan the manager enough for making us feel like part of the Flamingo family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HakanEfesakalli, General Manager at Flamingo Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice reviews and nice comment.Hopefully we can better and you can enjoy more when you come back.

Hopefully see you soon
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Both our jobs involve lots of travel and lots of hotels worldwide, We booked this last minute and were absolutely delighted with what we found. From the minute we arrived the staff were attentive and so helpful and the room we had was spacious really clean and well equipped. The hotel manager spends his time over seeing every little detail and this is reflected in the standard of service and overall atmosphere of the hotel. We were bed & breakfast and the breakfast was more than we expected with lots of choice. The location is perfect for those who prefer the beach or pool dwellers as the beach is only a ten minute walk away and is lovely with lots of gorgeous bars and some fantastic restaurants..Buzz bar being one of our favourites! We would definitely come back as we had a relaxing lovely time and can honestly say after being in the travel industry for nearly thirty years it was one of the most pleasant places I have stayed.

plyymouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed at the flamingo hotel in September 2012 there were four of us me my husband my sister and her husband , I can't praise the staff enough they were friendly and full of fun our rooms were very clean and the whole 2 weeks we were there our bedding and towels were change often the cleaners although could not speak very much English made different things with our towels nearly every day swans elephant flowers really nice and the odd job man was soooo nice he would always be there to help you out lovely man , so we went back June of this year 2013 and loved it even better the staff had all changed but within a few days it was like they had known us forever still the cleaners did the same with our towels so it wasn't just a one off the , food was nice and what ever we asked for if they could do it for you they would , now to Haken what a lovely man he is he could not do enough for you he helped me find a jewellers which had moved when we was there in September and I thought oh no I'm going to have to go through my insurance when I get home but no Hakan saved me all the trouble of having to spend time on many forms that I know they would have wanted so I ended up a happy bunny so thanks Haken We are now counting the weeks. As myself and my husband are going back again in September and this time we are going right through the hotel leaving out the travel agent and once again Hakan has made sure we are ok we can't wait to go bank , last but not least we have to say a big thank you to the staff on reception what a lovely bunch loved all of them even down to reception manager I think thisI his title , he would sing love me tender each time he saw my sister it was so funny and again he would do what he could for you . Can't wait to see you all again Sally x Allan

Room Tip: They are all good , the only thing I would say if you are not good with steps or you are very elderl...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Booked this holiday last minute through an agent and was a little apprehensive but felt better after reading reviews.
Arrived late evening and was promptly shown to our room which was clean, good size and on e ground floor in the shade of a big tree which helped to keep the room cooler! Next day had a good look round hotel and surrounding area and could not find fault. By end of the first day was on first name terms with all the staff, who were just fantastic - so friendly, attentive and a really good laugh. Had lots of fun every day and night from dancing to pool parties!! Make sure you get Denis in the pool at some point......challenge him to a swimming contest and watch out for Marco who does his very best at looking after you. Biggest shout out goes to Okan who really does make the best mojito - yes it might take a little while to get it but is well worth it when you see the work and effort that has gone into it.
Stayed in the hotel to eat on a couple of occasions (was on a b&b basis) and each time was never disappointed with the food and the portions are very generous!! Breakfast is a little basic but you can pay to have items cooked fresh so cannot complain.
Take towels to sunbathe with as these are not supplied by the hotel, there is a little shop on site and we bought some here at a bargain...approx £3 each. The hotel was at full capacity while we there but we never had to get up early for sun beds and the level of customer service was not compromised by this.
Air conditioning is payable and £4 per day. Another good point is that all food and drinks are charged to your room and you settle up every other day so you don't have to worry about always having cash on you.....never had a problem with what went on the bill as you sign for each item you order.
Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a little gem....far enough from the main strip to be quiet but near enough to walk in. Thank you Haken and all your staff for making this a very enjoyable, relaxing holiday. Hopefully see you again soon!!! Donna and Robbie

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
sunnyOluden_z, General Manager at Flamingo Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
It was lovely to meet youand we are so glad you had nice holiday with us hopefully we will see you again
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Although I’ve travelled a fair bit including ultra luxury stays like Sandals resorts, 5* Hiltons and Sheratons and $20k a night stays in Las Vegas, I’ve never really felt the need to write a review on here up until now - The Flamingo deserves it over and above all the rest!

Hakan Efe Sakallı (the hotel manger) spent over 12 months of his time liaising with me via email and phone to plan our perfect wedding reception which was executed impeccably. He arranged absolutely everything for us and our 60 guests including; decorations, flowers, cake, music, fire dancers, belly dancers, fireworks, buffets, silver service dinners, private boat trips, transfers, premium open bar, VIP club tables, photographers and videographers. Unlike other wedding companies in Olu Deniz Harkan provided us with a truly tailor made package consulting me on absolutely every key decision made along the way.

I was working with Hakan on an open book basis, often with him charging no extra for services provided by third parties. A wedding reception of this scale and quality would have probably cost me 3 times as much in other similar locations around Europe.

This was the third time I stayed at the flamingo so I knew that I would be getting great service, friendly staff, excellent rooms and amazing food and drinks. My wedding party consisted of over 70 guests (aged 2 - 80), 60 of which spent a week at the Flamingo. They were all amazed by the quality of the resort and the service they received given how cheap it is in comparison to other franchise hotels around the world.

This is a spectacular hotel very close to my heart. I commend Hakan and his team for pulling off such a spectacular wedding that could not have gone any better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Patricia

We have worked so hard,we got stress all year around for your wedding and what we have done in the end ,allı can say ıt worth it.ıt was amazing with everything.I woul dlike to say big thank you for your such a nice words and letting me decided some of the things for your wedding.Hopefully we will see you again
York Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The staff are very pleasant and approachable and sort out any queries cheerfully and helpfully.The customer support worker Katie was a great blessing to us and other guests genuinely interested in us morning and evening !
The hotel is well furnished and smartly kept and very handy for the walk down to the beach and the lively resort of Olu Denize whilst itself being in a quiet corner.The gardens and pools are very nice and the breakfasts excellent.The evening food was good the deserts could benefit from being a bit more varied .
Whilst we were there in May for 10 days we befitted by the inclusion at the hotel of 2 superb Turkish Nights with folk dancers,fire artists and juggler and the belly dancers !
This was our fifth stay and we'll be very happy to return .Our rooms were the deluxe with sea view through Low Cost holidays.Jet 2 Holidays didn't give this option which is a shame.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

Been to Flamingo Hotel? Share your experiences!