“great hotel, lovely resort” 4 of 5 stars

Flamingo Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Oludeniz Caddesi, Oludeniz 48300, Turkey   |
Ranked #40 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Musselburgh, United Kingdom
“great hotel, lovely resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Lovely, clean, friendly hotel. Location is at the back of the town about a 15 minute walk from the beach and 5 minutes from the top of the main shopping street.
Beautiful views from the pool although you need to get your towels out by 9 to get a sunbed. Only thing i didnt like was the cashless system, made it hard to keep track of kids spend as they could go up and order when they wanted - alos no way of checking who should pay for what but this is a minor downside. Would recommend this hotel as good value and great for families - quiet pool for adults without kids. I travelled with 4 teenagers and all loved it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HakanEfesakalli, General Manager at Flamingo Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
Dear Guest

thank you so so much for your review.It is really important for us.Since you have stayed with us we have improved so many thing.I wish to see you all again

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Turkish first
Loch lomond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Second visit this year. First in May with the girls. Then in July with my husband and 8 year old daughter. Cannot recommend highly enough. The staff at this hotel are truly fantastic. Hakan the manager is always on hand and Memmet and the rest of the waiting staff really cannot do enough for you. We have been on luxury cruises and have not received better service than we received at the Flamingo. When leaving it is like saying goodbye to good friends.
They could really teach us British a thing or two about service!!!

A huge thankyou to Haken and his terrific team.

Room Tip: If possible request a room with a side sea view. These are best rooms.

Wareham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I had read all the reviews on this site before going to this hotel and so was aware that rooms 26 - 32 were not the most desirable rooms, being under the pool area and a little dark and dingy ( although I have stayed in worse!). On arrival we were told we would be in room 32, I immediately said that this was not acceptable and the receptionist promised that we would be moved the next day, which true to his word, we were. I think it is common practise that these rooms are given to new arrivals for the first night especially when the hotel is busy but just ask and you will be moved the next day when other holidaymakers depart. This is my only complaint about the whole holiday. Once moved we had a lovely room in Flamingo 1 which was more than adequate. The bar staff and waiters are adorable and really made the holiday for my husband and I and my daughter. They are friendly, polite, helpful and great fun! The hotel is in beautiful surroundings and is the nicest I have stayed in in Olu. There are 2 Pool areas, a quiet one and a family one. We spent most of our time in the quiet pool area which was so relaxing and peaceful. The hotel and rooms are spotlessly clean, the breakfast is typical turkish and was adequate if a little boring after 10 days but to be honest it was so hot I really didnt want to eat much in the morning. Did not have a problem with the bar bill. I paid every 2 days and checked the bill and was not overcharged once. We all had a thoroughly enjoyable holiday at this hotel, my daughter didnt want to leave ( and neither did I) and I would recommend it without hesitation.

Marseille, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

The worst ever holiday we had with my boyfriend.I have booked this hotel through Hotels4u.com and prepaid.After travelling 3 days by car from Marseille to Fethiye, when we have arrived to Flamingo we were not accepted!!!
The reason i was given was that my boyfriend hasn't got European passport!! In order to stay there we should have had European passport!!! (when i made the booking i left all the contact details but nobady informed us before we arrive!!!! ) At reception we have told that manager was bussy and he is not able to talk to us.We had really bad experiance with one of the Hotels4u employer who told us to find out another hotel to stay in very bad manner.After a while manager has arrived and we were told if we pay £70 extra per night we would be able to stay there!!!
We were not accepted because of the non-europen passport but if we pay extra we would be accepted!!!!!! strange!!!!
At the end we found another hotel and had nice holiday.
Never would stay there and never will book through Hotels4u.com again! when there is a problem you can't find anyone to sort it out!!

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your time about commenting us they are so important for us.we really hope to see you again

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

does the room have firidges and safes? not SURE IN WE ARE IN FLAMINGO 1 OR 2 JUST THAT WE ARE ON A HIGH FLOOR? WITH A BETTER VIEW.this is our first holiday in years so cannot wait to go in august.
A BIT WORRIED ABOUT THE FOOD ANFD THE POOR COMMENTS AND ALSO ABOUT THE FLIES AROUND THE FOOD, IS IT REALLY THAT BAD, Oh i have been told i must bring back a radley handbag fake of course so search for one i will it is for MY NIECE.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

All of the staff are very friendly and welcome you with open arms. From day one we loved it. They hold events twice a week, they are very enjoyable and everyone's included. The cleaners are very good at keeping the bed's clean and the ashtray's empty however I unfortunately do have one bad remark to make about the cleaners - half way through our 10 day holiday, we came back from a wonderful day full of activities with the best company in Olu Deniz; Sky Sports ready for the night to begin and I could not find my necklace which I knew for sure I left in the room. Fortunately, the hotel provides you with a safe which you can keep your treasured possessions in yet I did not feel any need to use this. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wishes to have a fantastic holiday in the beautiful town of Olu Deniz! Thank you for making our holiday the best yet!

London, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011 via mobile

My partner and I stayed in room 503, near the 'family' pool area. The beds were OK, the aircon was adequate, and the room was cleaned to a decent standard every day. The furnishings were very out-dated, it was like a vision from the 1980's!

The room is located very close to the family pool area, which is fine if you have kids, but not so good if you value peace and quiet. If the latter I would recommend earplugs!

The Buffet-style breakfast is served in the bar area by the 'adult-only' pool. It consisted of tea/coffee, a sugary orange coloured drink, processed meat (looked a bit like Spam) in various shades of beige, and yogurt with various fruit toppings which doubled up as jam if you wanted toast. I think there were cornflakes too. There were flies landing on the food, which put me off it. We ate breakfast in other venues in the resort on most days. Finally a word of warning about the system of charging for extras (drinks, food etc). They only allow you to purchase food and drinks from the hotel By adding it to your hotel room 'tab' and settling up at the end. During our stay other guests had warned us that items appear on their bill that they didn't purchase. We only purchased 4 drinks during our entire stay, but were double charged for 2 of them. The junior staff are very approachable and helpful, but I wonder about the integrity of the more senior members of staff.

In summary, i wouldn't choose to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011

Kind regards

Been to Flamingo Hotel? Share your experiences!