“Great hotel for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Taner Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oludeniz
Grand Taner Hotel
You added Grand Taner Hotel to your Saves list
Belcegiz Mevkii, Oludeniz 48300 , Turkey   |
Ranked #16 of 48 Oludeniz B&B and Inns
Central Scotland
“Great hotel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for 2 weeks in Mmay 2012. I was sceptical about the hotel before I arrived, but when.I got there I was delighted.

It's a nice size (30 rooms I think) good sized pool, great location - 1 min walk from main street but it on a quiet road.

Staff were all very nice, friendly and always had a smile

Food was nice , but breakfast a bit limited. Bar prices were more or less the same as anywhere else.

I was away most days all day so never really got to use the pool etc. But it did look nice.

If I was to stay in oludeniz again, it would be at the grand taner. Don't get me wrong, its not a 5 star by any means, its a good honest cheap hotel, which gives fantastic value for money.

• Stayed May 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
Bucks
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Hotel has clean and perfectly adeqauate accommodation, friendly staff, laundry changed every few days, and an attractive pool and outside bar area. Free wireless works well though seems to be switched off overnight.

Breakfasts as other have said are fine and the location is close to the main drag with the beach an easy five minute walk away. Don't expect luxury and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Couple of minor niggles or would have given it four stars for being better than expected.

One - hot water in the rooms seems a bit random, on a number of occasions I had to shower in water on the wrong side of tepid.

Two. Can't get a decent cup of coffee. Breakfast coffee is help yourself nescafe, which would have been just about OK except that the hot water urn has been used to make tea so the coffee tastes of tea.

Happily return, though probably with my own kettle!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
devon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Nothing Grand about the Grand Taner Hotel - but sufficiently good for the money
Friendly and helpful staff, generally clean, breakfast rather boring and, overall, generally average. Imagine it can be incredibly noisy in the busy season but at the start of the season when there are few visitors it was fine.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Windsor, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Oooh I loved it! The Grand Taner Hotel - Staff are all really kind, I enjoyed my stay in the Hotel and in Oludeniz, great value for your money. I found it a very relaxing atmosphere, until you get into town :) If you are a talkative person and get on with everyone then this is definitely the place you have to go to! The Hotel itself, clean, rooms are perfect - totally safe. - I'm a young lady who was travelling by myself... so I had no problems whatsoever. My room was cleaned every morning - and what i loved was when i got back to my room - the bedding was made into a pattern (^^,) so sweet! I would love to go back asap!! I went paragliding and horse riding with Focus tours, and Boat trips with other company, all activity companies are really good and fun people! I'm inlove with Turkey - it reminds me a lot of my home town back in South Africa :) Well that's it i guess. BRILLIANT STAY! & ofcourse the guests at Grand Taner - wonderful people!!

Room Tip: I had room 115, which had a balcony, and a view over a mountain, beautiful, A/C have to pay for, not...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

What can i say about,the Taner hotel,, well myself ,family and friends have stayed at the Toner for the last ten year's. I am looking forward to going back in June 2012 with my new wife and hope that she enjoys it as much as we all have over the years.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Rhyl, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I researched virtually every hotel in Olu Deniz before selecting The Grand Taner for our 2-week holiday. It proved to be a great choice for us. Friendly and helpful staff and fellow guests, clean rooms, very clean (if cold) pool and bar area with a real fire every evening.

Breakfast was typical and fine for our purposes - not sure if it was coincidental, but there was also cake and melon on the breakfast menu when Turkish people were staying in the hotel. Although we stayed literally at the very end of the season- we were the last guests to leave- there was no reduction in the standard of service/facilities

The hotel was perfectly located - just a few minutes walk from the beach and the main drag.

We're not ones for spending all our holiday time around the hotel, but when we were there, everything was fine. It seems to be a thing with Turkish hotels that the music is turned on as soon as someone comes into the bar area. Loud club music doesn't suit everyone, including me, but the staff were happy to moderate the volume when requested - what more can you ask for?

Brilliant value for money and a very enjoyable holiday. Many thanks to all at The Grand Taner

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
CO DURHAM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed oct 22nd for a week very quiet due to end of season as we like.Clean and well maintained hotel usual turkish breakfast which was fine.Rooms serviced every day to a good standard.Friendly family staff, did not try other foods but no complaints from other people.Outside areas very clean including pool picaresque views from balconys.Appartments 5 mins from beach in quiet area. Well deserved current rating Thanks to the tanner hotel staff.

Room Tip: Do not choose basement floor
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Taner Hotel? Share your experiences!