“Best holiday EVER!!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Belcegiz Mevkii, Oludeniz 48300, Turkey   |
Ranked #16 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
“Best holiday EVER!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

If you are looking for a great family holiday in Turkey, look no further than Sun City!!!
My wife and I took our three boys aged 9, 11 & 13 and we had the most amazing break.
We found it hard to find fault with anything at all to do with the hotel itself or it's stunning private beach club. You arrive to the smells of the stunning gardens that surround the complex which is well layed-out and easy to get around, essential if you have young children. The family room was pretty basic but totally sufficient. We called ahead to request an upstairs room with a pool view and thats exactly what we got! The pools are great and the FANTASTIC Animation team do an AMAZING job of keeping the guests occupied and entertained. There is plenty to do in an average day at the hotel, from yoga in the morning, water aerobics, darts, pool games and water polo but there is no pressure to do anything if you just fancy a good old lay by the pool!
The food is INCREDIBLE with plenty of choice, all very fresh and some beautiful deserts.
They mix it up throughout your stay so you don't have the same thing on offer every day.
Not to forget to mention the pancake lady but be careful of how many you eat!!! The all inclusive drinks are great, beer, wines, local vodka, baileys and amoretto ect.
The evening entertainment was great with fire acrobats, Michael Jackson dance group, breakdancers and traditional Turkish dancers in the hotels very own amphitheatre.
We will DEFINITELY be returning to Sun City and no where else! We had a good nose around Olu Deniz at other hotels and found that for the price, Sun City is the best hotel by far - even reps from our excersions agreed that we were in the best one.
All the staff from the receptionists, the cleaners, the bar staff and as mentioned before the Animation team are very friendly, helpful and super hard working and went out of their way to make our holiday an absolutely fantastic experience.
The hotel has it's very own private beach at the famous Blue Lagoon which is a short drive away with a shuttle service throughout the day to ferry guest to and from the beach. It's absolutely stunning but get there early to get a good spot on the loungers. the food is great but not included in the all inclusive price but not expensive by any means.

The only real gripe was that you could only use the free WIFI in the reception area and (sometimes) near it if you were lucky! Not ideal if you have teenage kids who have to constantly update their every move on social media! That said please DO NOT LISTEN to any bad reviews you may hear about this place, they are either really up tight, plain miserable or barking MAD!!!

Well done Sun City, keep up the good work and hope to see you all again real soon.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
curlyomer, General Manager at Suncity Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Simon & Dawn,

That is great to hear from you on this platfrom.
Thank you very much for the lovely review.

I had a meeting with an IT company yesterday and by this reply, let me give everyone a great annoucement that from next year, we will have WIFI in ecah room and hopefully we will provide Fiber Internet, which is much much faster than normal.

Please give my love to the rest of the family.

p.s.I am still waiting to hear from you about your secret how you both can look that young :)

Best Regards,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel. Staff were lovely! Food was delicious and lots of choice. Location was simply perfect. Family rooms were great and we even emailed the manager before we went to request quiet location and this request was honoured. Will definitely be coming back. Thankyou to all the staff.

• Stayed August 2014
curlyomer, General Manager at Suncity Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Sir & Madame,

Thank you very much for your great review.

I reply every single mail that comes to me from our guests and try to do my best to meet their request.

Will be very pleased to see you once again next Summer.

South Shields, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Returned last night after 11 nights at Club Sun City myself wife and 6 year old daughter I will try and give a full and honest review let me first say that we as a family only ever use First Choice for our holidays and so only ever stay at All Inclusive resorts.

First night we arrived at 2am after travelling since 8 am that morning we arrived at the hotel and were promptly booked in a nice touch would have been a sandwich even a pre wrapped one but there was nothing!!! Never mind the wife had some crisps in her bag we would share them. We were booked in promptly and were shown to our room a basic family room in a block a bell boy carried our luggage (nice touch). Shattered we dropped our bags and readied for bed only to find my daughters sheets were ripped and stained. We then further inspected the room to find it was just borderline basic my wifes face and look of disapproval on my daughters called for action. I rang and after a basic me being kinda not chuffed conversation and the guy saying would sort in morning followed up with me taking the sheets to reception. The site of a 6 foot 5 tired hungry geordie probably swung it and we got moved to another basic room but at least the sheets were clean.

So we are in our holiday begins next day yayyyy. We basically woke, showered and sprinted round for breakfast food selection is ok typical all inclusive cereals, fruits etc so the missus and child sorted. Went and looked for the big boys food obviously no bacon but there was a tiny sausage tried one not for me more of a hot dog thing so eggs it will be........I found the holy grail of protein the egg guy freshly made omelettes only problem and this happened every morning 20-25 minutes while one chap cooked an omelette or fried egg for every guest I have not exaggerated the time. Took my hard earned omelette to the toaster to get the toast only to find it went through the process of being transferred along the conveyor belt to pop out after a minute untoasted great .....this never changed I just swapped shifts with the missus on who would queue for my egg.

After breakfast my holiday would begin surely, lets go to the pool the weather everyday was beautiful red hot!! I can feel the anticipation of you readers ah yes sunbeds ............nope none available on our first day we made the mistake of getting to the pool for 8am I was informed by a fellow Brit, so for the following days we wanted to use the pool again me and the missus took shifts set alarm for 7am and put towels on to secure a spot.

3pm - 5pm highlight of the day the kids are allowed an ice cream so guess what yes you stand in a queue for 10-15mins so a man can serve you an ice cream.

Lunch and dinner pretty much your nomal all inclusive fayre this hotel is very heavy on chicken and very light on red meat you know when there is a decent bit of protein on as the omelette queue comes back for example kebab night I gave up after 20 minutes as this is freshly made in front of your eyes........there is loads of fruit and vegetables in fact veg cooked in every way you can imagine. Positive if you are mega hungry from 10pm - 12pm you get a supper at the snack bar of chips. burger etc

The bar offers the normal selection of drinks cheap copies of real drinks etc but you can pay 18tl for a proper cocktail the other cocktails I have seen the manager in other responses brag about are a large container made up of a weak solution.

There is no First Choice/Thomson kids club just a open gated garden with someone who looked and acted uninterested so if this was her role she succeeded again the example we had when our daughter wanted to go was for the wife to walk in to find the kids playing darts and someones child with blood pouring from its leg you can fill in the gaps.

The pool not just the once that we witnessed(a member of staff informed me) but 3 times had someone poo in it so everyone out and shut down while it is sterilised etc I have never in any previous hotel had this happen once could be an accident but 3 times come on.

Overall this hotel like any business is out to make a profit the food is basic and cheap ingredients increase your profits but just make it seem more basic than other all inclusives, the rooms are dated and by not updating them you make a profit, the private beach club where you have to buy food and drink when you are there make them a profit, the 30 min act at 9.30 which are dismal but are classed as entertainment reduce there costs and you guessed it increase the profit. I felt from day one we had paid our money and were just basically there for them to feed and entertain us (I use this word lightly) at the minimum possible cost. Spend the extra couple of hundred quid and go somewhere decent because for your money unless you are really easily pleased you will regret it we spent a fortune on top of the holiday price to be entertained and to eat good food down on the main strip.

We had some great days out but as for Club Sun City we ignored some of the negative reviews before we went as we too have been to hotels to find them excellent but trust me when I say this if you can get a great deal and you are happy with scraping a 3 star hotel for your money you will enjoy it here it is setup for the many Turks who holiday here they have a different experience and costing to the rest of us!!!

Room Tip: Get one in another hotel.
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

I have to say your review is far from reality does not reflect the truth, especially when you say it is an honest review.

We prepare sandwiches for the late arrivals but hardly noone wanted to get one.

All our textiles in the room are brand new and I can Show the invoices to anyone who claims thay are old.

You can not get bacon in most hotels in the area, you were in a muslim country, I don't know whether you were aware.

The toaster works properly, I don't know which equipment you tried to use as a toaster.

We serve proper locally produced alcoholic drinks at the bars, thay are not cheap anyway.

Where did you see there is a first choice/thomson mini club in our hotel ? Which brochure or web site ??

I believe you must be an accountant and as far as I can understand, you are very interested in the profits. What I can tell you is our first target is to make every single customer happy ( I know you can not please everyone, some people are unhappy from birth ) and whenever we have meeting with the board and my team, we always speak about the reviews and csq's first, not budget.

Suncity Hotel is officially 4 star and one of the most popular resorts in the area.

Why do you think Turkish people having a different holiday experince ? I find such comments very racist. No matter from what natioanlity they are, people pay for their holiday and get the same service, nothing more or nothing less.

I do not like to write such answers, but if a review does not reflect the truth and based on slander, I can not help. Sorry, but that is what your review contains.

Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We have just got back, and with this horrible cold damp weather I wish we were still there.
Suncity is an excellent hotel. It was very clean, the grounds are well kept and all the staff that we came across seemed to work very hard.

The food was amazing - we are a family of four with one teen and one pre teen and everybody was happy. We love the mediterranean style diet and there was an incredible choice to keep everyone satisfied. Not only was the choice of foods available superb but the quality was always good too. It was our first all inclusive, so we have no point of reference, but we met a couple who have been going AI for many years in many different countries and they said this was the best food they had had. Drinks were great and good quality. Draft Tuborg lager, soft drinks for the kids, Slushies, Ice creams in the afternoon. Really can't fault it.

Location is excellent, just a 150m walk from the main street - close enough, but not too close to be affected by too much noise. Depending where your room is situated there can be some music heard at night from nearby hotels, but we didn't find it too intrusive.

Facilites - excellent - large main pool, smaller adult only pool, cold indoor pool, small fitness area, a really good Hamam (Turkish bath) which Tweety Pie will arrange for you in his unique friendly way - Tweety was great. Two main bars, a smaller bar in the reception area, amphitheatre for evening entertainment. All very well kept.

Rooms - Can't really comment here as we got very very lucky. They had run out of family rooms so gave us the honeymoon suite!! This was a detached log cabin type of chalet with it's own garden area. Very nice! From others we talked to there were mixed reports on the rooms, including one family whose "family room" was a normal double room with bunk beds pushed in to it. I think it's just luck of the draw what you get, as our rep told us that some of the family suites on the top floor are very nice and spacious.

The Beach Club - This is the jewel in the crown. The beach club on the lagoon is reached by free shuttle bus from the hotel. We loved it and much preferred it to the hotel pool as it is such a stunning place. It is not included in the All Inclusive package though so you do have to pay for your food and drinks there. The restaurant is reasonably priced (not cheap but not silly either) but the food is good and plentiful.

Downsides - not many really, but nowhere is perfect. It seems that the quality of room you get is a bit of a lottery. Evening meal times can be a bit busy, and not particularly condusive to a long leisurely family meal. We found it best to get in fairly early but you feel a bit guilty dragging it out when other families can be waiting for a table. You need to be up early to bag your lounger by the pool. Something needs to be done about this (I'm not quite sure what though), as it was getting ridiculous. The main gripe for us was that it is actually quite a big hotel and therefore a bit impersonal - but this is our problem, not the hotel's.

I hope anyone that goes there has as enjoyable time as we did. The few gripes we had are only small and didn't detract from what was an excellent holiday and I would have no problem recommending SunCity.

Room Tip: I would suggest that if you are booking a family room maybe contact the hotel first to see what room...
Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.

We will renovate all the bathrooms in winter and also decorate the indoor restaurant, which will give us extra 250 seats.

Regarding the sunbeds, I already bought 50 more last week and do not have such a problem any longer.

We will be very happy to see you once again in the future.

Essex, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at this resort and as per many of the reviews below we had a fantastic time. I've tried to cover as much as possible below review but would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at the resort for making our stay very very enjoyable.

Location

The resort is in a perfect location only a few hundred yards from the main strip so good for shopping but far enough not to hear it at night. The beach is a 5 minute walk away.

Rooms

Probably the only negative point of the whole holiday is with respect to the rooms. They are small for a family of 4 with limited storage for 2 weeks of clothes and as many have pointed out very dated. The balconies are also small and once you have put your inflatables there for the evening and hung your wet clothes out to dry there is very little space to sit there. My next comment appears to be block specific as we travelled with friends who were in a different block and didn't have the same issue but our cleaners did very little throughout our entire stay other than change towels and arrange the kids toys on the beds. I am fairly confident that our room was not cleaned once throughout the whole stay, the surfaces were never wiped down and cups, glasses were not removed from the room, we had to take these back ourselves. The cleaners themselves could always be found sitting in the stairwell smoking or taking selfies on their phones. On the plus side the aircon work brilliantly there was English films on the television and the windows keep out virtually all of the outside noise at night. As a base the rooms are perfectly functional but if you like to spend time in your room you might be disappointed.

Restaurant

In our opinion the food was exceptional throughout our entire stay. At any point in time there was food being served somewhere on the resort and the three main meals were of superb quality. I really can't understand some of the comments I've read about the food, I've eaten at hotel restaurants all over the world (inc 5 & 6 star) and this one is as good as any that I've come across. There was a great variety of foods over the 2 weeks and all of it was top quality.

Bar staff were courteous and responded well during busy periods. The drinks on offer were of good quality (tuborg lager)

Pool Area and Entertainment

Probably my highlight of the stay was the daytime activities and use of the pool area. The entertainment team were excellent with activities including yoga, pool games, aqua aerobics, water polo, darts and air rifle shooting. We threw ourselves at all of the above and this made for a really enjoyable holiday. Note to the hotel management: Special mention and praise should go to Paulina, Serge and Anil (apologies for poor spelling) who kept us entertained throughout the day.

Evening entertainment was a mix of acrobats and dancing from all over the globe inc Africa, Mongolia and Turkey. Highlight of the holiday was the African Acrobats #bestshowoftheweek :)

Spa etc, we did not try these but our friends did and reports were very positive.

Beach Club

We only visited the beach club once (we was having too much fun at the resort to go more often) and the location is stunning and well worth the visit.

I think I've covered most things above but in summary

Location 4 star
Rooms 2 star
Restaurant 5 star
Entertainment 10 star :)
Beach club 4 star

We really enjoyed our stay and the negatives of the room were far outweighed by the other positives and we would very much like to return in the future.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
curlyomer, General Manager at Suncity Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Colin,

Thank you very much for the great review.

We will make renovations in each bathroom for next Summer.
The entertainment team will be very pleased to read your comment ( you did the correct spelling for Anil, by the way )

Look forward to welcoming you once again next year.

Best regards,

Omer hakgecirmez
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Travelled to Sun City for a 1 week holiday for the last week in July 2014. My self and my wife 16 yr old daughter and her friend and we booked two rooms. Arrived around 4am to be told there were no rooms ready so we were allocated 1 room to share which was unsuitable. We weren't alone and room allocations were really poorly organised and the whole coach party was held up for hours with kids sleeping on sofas in reception. Eventually it was sorted out but beware this seems a common issue here. The complex is clean and tidy and 5 minute walk to a shale beach. Olu Deniz is small but lively resort and I would return again. The rooms are basic but clean and have a TV channel showing sky movies in English and air con. The food was good and the staff are excellent. Drinks are unrestricted though the alcoholic drinks aren't the best quality as is the norm for an all inclusive complex. If you require a sun bed it's an early start but we used the nearby beach. Wi fi is available only around the main pool area . We didn't stay in but did manage to see a couple of the evening entertainment acts which were on from about 9:30 till 10:30 each evening. All in all a pleasant stay at the Sun city resort, with a few alterations this could be an excellent complex.

Room Tip: Try to book a room near the adult pool for quiet evenings. The noise around the main pool apartments...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sir & Madame,

Thank you very much for your review.

I will find out why you had a check in problem, under normal circumstances, we do not.

Our drink selection is most probably the widest in the area, not only beer, wine, vodka, gin, but also whiskey, liquers, brandy, rum and more.

For next Summer, we will have wireless in each room.

Look forward to welcoming you next year.

Best Regards,

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We also arrived after an excellent 7 day cruise to somebody pooing in the pool, not a great start to our 3 day stay, we went to our room , which I must say was very clean , but breakfast, lunch and dinner were nothing short of disorganised chaos , reminding me of school dinner time , the layout of the food was silly , by the time you locate the items you wish to eat the food is cold , the next battle getting a table , well that's a joke most times when my family went it took about 10 mins , cos it's a free for all , so my youngest son and I were finished our food by the time my husband and oldest son started , not exactly family dining,.The adult pool was great but to get a place you needed to be up about 630 not enough sun beds . I would say that sun city is ok if you are a family with young children. Not a place for a teenage family , on a plus tweety is great and the staff at the turkish bath were fantastic as was the Turkish bath itself .

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comment on this platform.
The pool accident, as you can imagine, happened by a guest, not by my staff and we took every single precaution and never happened again later ( keep your fingers crossed ).

August is the highest season, school holiday both in the UK and Turkey, from where we welcome most of our guests. I do accept it was more crowded than usual, however, everybody got a clean table, we never ran ot of food and gave a great service.

I have bought 50 more sunbeds and we do not have such a problem any longer.

We will be very pleased to see you once again in the future.

Suncity Hotel & Beach Club

Been to Suncity Hotel & Beach Club? Share your experiences!