“Room for improvement” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Manchester UK
“Room for improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I've rated this hotel as 'very good' as there wasn't an option for 'good'.
I agree with a lot of the comments from other writers.
The rooms were fine, but not cleaned very well, I've stayed in other hotel where the cleaners can spend up to an hour cleaning, these ladies were finished in 5 minutes. A couple of days the cleaner arrived when we were still in our rooms. I said 'five minutes', she said 'tomorrow?'. I had to ask her to empty the bathroom bin as she was walking away. We asked for our towels to be changed after 6 days as we'd obviously missed 'towel changing day'. On arrival I found an old razor in the shower cubicle, so definitely an improvement is required in cleaning standards.
Re the comment about the towels being removed from the sunbeds, we stayed for 10 days and only got a bed on one day, because we gave in and put our towels on the sunbed when we arrived back at 2:30 a.m. A lot of the people reserving beds went out of the hotel, especially on market day and didn't use the beds until 5:00pm. Everyone we spoke to had the same complaint about sunbeds so I'm really glad that management have decided to do something about this. I don't think it's enough though to remove towels before 7:00am, the towels should be removed if beds are left unattended for a length of time. These people haven't paid any more than I did and have no more right than I have to a bed. I'm just surprised that there were no fist fights.
The food was fine, we stayed the Belcekiz Beach last year and never expected that they would reach that standard.
The layout of the poolside is wrong. The tables and chairs are at the front of the pool and the bar at the far side, I've always found a much better atmosphere if the bar is near the front of the hotel with stools at the bar and tables and chairs around. People seem to socialize better this way.
The children's play area and the children's pool need some shade.
The reception is lovely and was a nice cool area to sit but only 4 chairs which were inexplicably removed.
TV channels were poor, only BBC news, Al Jazeera TV, a Jewish channel available to English speakers.
The resort is lovely, I've been to Oludeniz 10 times and feel so safe there.
Found a great boat trip to Gocek for the Sunday market. 1 and 1/2 hours there, 2 1/2 hours in Gocek, 1 and 1/2 hours return plus time for a swim on the way back, all for £8.00.Excellent value.
Sunset Cruise wasn't very good, food was excellent but it seemed more about selling photographs.
All in all a good holiday, mainly because we love Olu Deniz, would we return to Marcan Resort, maybe not, but we don't usually return to the same hotel anyway.
I think this will be a good hotel, not great maybe, but certainly most people will enjoy.

Room Tip: We had a bottom floor room in Block C, right next to the pool area, no problem, but we tended to sta...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here in June 2013 , wow loved it, I have read a few reviews and yes it is a new hotel and there are a few teething problems but nothing that spoilt our stay. The food was excellent, there was so much to choose from and plenty of it, I do understand people saying there wasn't much for children and that's because there are a lot of salads and meat dishes in some kind of sauce,but I'm sure there is something they could eat., and lets face it we are going to another country and shouldn't expect an English menu, but saying that there is a snack bar/ grill that does excellent freshly made pizzas,burgers and toasties and of course chips.
The rooms were lovely, we had a family room just for the two of us and it was lovely. ( we had paid a suppliment for this ) The hairdryer was good, I had read that the hairdryers were not very good but so I took my own travel one but never used it once. My only gripe with the room was that there were on two plug sockets and we found this wasn't enough to charge our phones, iPads etc over night so I would recommend that you take a multi plug adapter .There was a problem with there not being enough sunbeds but this has been sorted now. Pool towels are provided but not beach towels.The evening entertainment isn't great but they do try their best and all the staff are very friendly and helpfull.
Overall I would defo return to this hotel so well done marcan resort.
If you do any trips please go and see Osman at Gravity, they are at the bottom of the strip and they are not pushy like the others. The jeep safari is a must, and the boat trip was good fun.
Enjoy and happy holidays to all who read this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
scottishlass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Hi were at this hotel at the moment can't complain about anything really .. Only thing it's a pity they don't do money exchange here. We went down the street 2 cash sum travel cheques and on the board it said the rate was 2.85 but we only got 2.75 because it was a cheque so be warned better 2 take English money and exchange it they also offered 2 change Scottish money but at the rate of 2.50. All in all a lovely hotel lovely people with the exception of a few .

• Stayed July 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stopped in the hotel on 3rd June to the 14th June and we had a great time. We arrived in the early hours of the morning around half past 3 near 4 o'clock and were greeted by the man on reception and a man that also took our suitcases and us to our room which was very helpful, The reception could not speak much english so we had to come back tomorrow morning for our welcome pack etc.

We had arrived to our room in Block A which was on the top floor and a spacious room, we noticed that both of the beds was single and having tried to put them together, I ended up falling down the middle of the bed. We just went to sleep and got up the next morning about 9am after being woken up by the mosque singing at 4.30am, make sure you expect it because it will scare you! We had decided on a plan and drink a lot of alcohol so that you can hear him in the morning :)

We came to reception in the morning and siad to them about the single beds which they said to us that we didnt not request one even though it said one on our booking. We booked a safe for £15 which was worth it. We eventually sorted everything out, got back to our room which the safe was already locked, we tried the default codes and it didnt work so I had to go back down to reception for the engineer to open the safe. After waiting an hour for the engineer I had enough and stormed back downstairs to reception to hear that apparently he's been 4 times up to our room.

After the engineer had opened our safe , we then had a meeting for excursions with our holiday rep. The rep was absolutely awful, I was talking to him for half an hour about not going on any excursions but he insisted. In the end we just to him that he was being too pushy and havent got time to sit around talking about excursions all day.

The Pool & Entertainment:

the pool was very nice, clean and spacious with plenty of people laying on lilo's which was all good fun, please note that the pool was pretty cold so you had to talk yourself going in the pool.

There was many activities on by the excellent animation team such as crazy darts, water aerobics, water polo, killer pool and table tennis. Also they put on some great nights within the hotel like acrobatic dancers who were awesome, bingo (we won :D) , quiz night and belly dancing, all these things were real good laughs and you would meet some really people, but all this would not happen without the two people that would organize all this fun, Serkan Keskin and Senaa Ozkaya who were excellent at their jobs, we had so much banter a real good laugh and I don't know what this hotel would be like without them. If Serkan and Senaa wasn't at this hotel then it would be so boring. We had such a fantastic time with Serkan and Senaa and may go back to Turkey to meet them again. Me and Serkan had a great time at table tennis, can't remember what the score was but I think I just beat him ;) Serkan and Senaa make you feel very involved and they should be working for a top 5 star hotel.

The room:

Was very clean to look at did have a spacious so we pushed the beds together and used a large duvet sheet to tie the beds together as we didn't want to move hotel rooms after unpacking. The shower room was very good nice and clean and the shower is an amazing design. There is quite a bit of wardrobe space and places to put your clothes around 10 coat hangers which we found good. The television was ok but not the best as there was only BBC news and another english chanel. The air con system is very beneficial but is quite tricky to use on the remote.

Dining and Bar:

Breakfast was good but everything seems to be the same sausage, beans, egg & toast. Lunch in the restuarant was good but didnt compare anything to the snack bar, it was from 2-5 pm and they would do toasties, pizzas, burgers, chips and ice creams from 3-4 pm. Dinner was interesting with all different meats on different days and a variety of choice at times too, some excellent food provided on some days chicken wings, spagetti etc. it was clean and the staff were very helpful. the bar staff was great, spirits was good along with the soft drinks which were real coca-cola and also had water coolers. The bar staff in the restuarant and pool bar had some great banter, everytime Tanner used to see me he also used to say vodka even in the morning haha.

The main strip:

This was a great place to buy cheap fakes, which are all really good quality and i was impressed by how many things there was, I would suggest go to harools shop, great quality and you can get vans for £10 and beats headphones for £12 :O. When going to the main strip make sure you have your blinkers on (do not look in the shops unless you like the items).

Fetiye Market was good for cheap clothes and everything and if you want some good cheap fakes i would go here it is every Tuesday, if you are going with a women then make sure you have the patience because they are loads of bag shops and would spend all day in there if they had too.

We had incurred a few problems with the reception for instace:

- We had put our towel out at 4:30am all week because thats when the mosque started to sing which woke you up, for some reason on our last day they decided to take the towels off our sunbeds so we come down in the morning and realised that our towel had been taken off. We had been told that the reception had taken the towels off our sunbeds. I went straight to reception and told them that I would like to speak to their manager in which they told me to come back at 10:00am, I came back at that time waited another 2 hours and seemed like they wasnt interested in customer service. We had to check out at 12pm so I was very annoyed with them.

- They could not speak english and do not understand the meaning of customer service, we asked for a plaster for a cut and they tried to give us celotape!

Overall we had a great time apart from the last day, we would love to re-visit turkey but would most go where Serkan and Senaa are working as they made our holiday complete. Oludeniz is a stunning place and would go back. It is a great hotel but the reception staff gives the hotel a bad reputation. Don't think I would come back to this resort.

Tips:

- Please get a safe for your room, a couple we met had there passports & tickets stolen!

- Avoid problems with the reception.

- Just jump in the pool and don't hesitate.

- Make sure you talk to serkan and Senaa (really nice people)

- Drink plenty of alcohol if you don't want to get waken up in the morning.

- Have a great time :)

Room Tip: Please get a safe for your room, a couple we met had there passports & tickets stolen! Avoid...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Check in: My partner and I arrived at the hotel on Thursday 20th June in the early hours of the morning. Told on check in that rooms are cleaned daily with towels changed and bed linen every three days. Escorted to our room with a bel it to help with our luggage. Nice start to the holiday as staff seemed welcoming.

Room: We stayed in Block B with everything we asked for (double bed, high floor and sea view). Room was small but more than adequate for two people. Double bed was a little hard but nothing to severe. Bathroom was a nice size with a good hair dryer and the shower was great. Lovely view from balcony of mountains and sea. Air con worked really well and we paid for safety deposit box that was £10 a week. I'd also like to add that we weren't woken up by the call to prayer once.

Food and drink: lots of selection for food and drink available throughout the day. Food in the restaurant was all labelled with plenty of choice at breakfast dinner and tea. Fresh omelettes and pancakes in the morning as well as continental breakfast and cereals. Snack bar was brilliant, freshly made pizzas were lovely as well as toasties, burgers and chips. Ice cream served 3-4. Restaurant at night wasn't as repetitive as some reviews make out. Always at least three main course options to choose from. Pool bar and restaurant have your usual spirits included in AI and the Efes was nice too. Cocktails charged extra as well as fresh fruit juice. Bit disappointed that there were no cocktails included in the AI option.

Hotel and pool: The hotel was decorated very tastefully. Everything was clean and tidy which I would expect being so new. Unfortunately no real areas to sit and no space for luggage at the end of the holiday. Pool side was a little crammed with sun loungers and tables and chairs but still comfortable enough. 20 sunbeds were delivered when we were there and reportedly more are on their way. Unfortunately it was often a scrabble for a sun lounger due to people putting towels down as early as 10pm as witnessed by myself. Hotel management have addressed this now asking that towels are not on the loungers before 7am. The pool itself is 1.4m in depth and warm enough which is lovely. All communial areas are very clean and tidy.

Entertainment: During the day there were activities such as darts, pool, aqua aerobics, table tennis and water polo where you could win cocktails. Evening entertainment was a little hit and miss however Serkan and Sena work hard to get to know everyone and encourage people to join in. They could do with a bigger selection of CDs though ;).

Cleanliness: Disappointed with the cleanliness of our room. Cleaners were in and out in five minutes and didn't replenish towels properly, leaving you short. Bed sheets not changed for 7 days and when reception were informed they promised it would be done the following day as the cleaners were at home. Once returning back to the room the following day our room hadn't even been cleaned let alone the sheets changed. When we again spoke I reception they sent someone up but she only changed the bottom sheet. When we asked her to change pillow cases and top sheet she did not understand. These were not changed the entire holiday. Towards our final few days a sign went up to say towels were only being renewed every 3 days which I think is appalling for a 4* hotel. However the cleaners did start to do a better job, I suspect that a lot of people had been complaining.

Staff: all very nice bar a couple. Happy to help you and assist you with most requests. The kitchen staff in particular were lovely. Bar staff were also very happy too. The manager was keen to help you and was often seen around the hotel. Did get a couple of shrugs of the shoulder when telling reception about towels/bed linen issues which didn't go down too well with my partner.

Location: brilliant location. Olu deniz has many lovely bars and restaurants. We would highly recommend Sugar and Spice and cloud 9 to eat. For drinks try Buzz, The Hangout, Harvey's, Crusoes and Help which in my opinion is the best.

Excursions: we booked with sky sports for paragliding, jeep safari, quad biking and 12 island boat tour. We were well looked after by Michael and his team who are the best tour providers on the strip and highly recommended.

All in all we woul definitely go back to Olu Deniz and the Marcan despite the few niggles we encountered. We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and will be recommending it to others.

• Stayed June 2013
Tamworth, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Just got back after a week. Was bit disappointed overall. Shame really as the hotel has lots of great potential. Bad points. People returning after night out, any time from 01.00-03.00am and placing towels on sun beds. Insufficient sun beds anyway. First day we arose at about 6am. Not a sunbed available. My first all inclusive holiday cost me £30 in sunbed, umbrella and food and drinks for the day on the beach. General cleanliness was average. Stairs to rooms hardly saw a brush. Found crisp packets under beds. Bathroom bin emptied every other day or so. Not good. Towels supposed to be changed every three days, not something to be proud of anyway. Even worse when ours were only changed after fifth day after we complained. Animation team tried hard, but lacked a bit of Ooomph in getting people interested. Only one water gym in a week. Table tennis table older than me! Pool table only slightly better. Ice cream?? Only between 3pm and 4pm. Lack of shade around children's pool. Generally the food was good, hot when required and plentiful. Although maybe the food was a bit samey. Delicious salad selection. Good points. Rooms are more than adequate. Comfy beds, plenty of wardrobe space, nice air con, ok television, good shower, enough hooks for towels etc. general condition of the hotel is excellent, but it should be given its age. Proximity to the main strip is great. Not too close to hear it, close enough for a good stroll. Staff are generally good, although sometimes one or two maybe got a bit tired, and it showed. Overall I would rate the hotel and our holiday as a 6-7 out of 10, but with only a little effort it has the potential to be an 8-9 out of 10. Did I enjoy the holiday? Yes. Would I return to this hotel? Probably not. Although if I stayed in the resort again I might check in to see if it had made changes, then I might.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Just got back from 11 days at the Marcan Resort. Will keep this review short and just say for the price it was good value however would not come back again. This hotel has a lot more work to do if it wants to continue to present itself as a four star establishment. It has bags of potential but hasn't quiet got there!

The resort is lovely and has some great places to eat so rather than feel trapped by the all inclusive if we come again we would take advantage of the lovely food and drink available within the resort and find a good bed and breakfast. Can highly recommend Phillips Bar if anyone feels like a change from the repartition.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marcan Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!