“a bit repetitive” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Water Parks, Amusement Parks
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“a bit repetitive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

with only 12 slides and the kids could only get down 8 of these it became quite a long day as we arrived at 9 am and picked up at 5 pm
the food prices were a little on the upper scale for what was available

Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Ellesmere, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Just bearable for the sake of my son”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very loud music playing all the time. Expensive to get in and junk food is more expensive than eating in a fancy restaurant. You have to buy their food and drink as you will be searched on entry and your own water confiscated.The water slides are turned off quite regularly which means children have to get off and I guess at that point want expensive food and drinks. The 5 different slides are fun for children aged between 6 and 12. If you go plan on half a day maximum and have cheese or tuna sandwich as they are the most healthy and best value or try to avoid eating there at all. There are no re entries allowed.

Visited August 2012
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Friction burns and holy shorts”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

A bit dispointing for £10 entry, 6 slides, more if you include the kiddies bit. No pools really, just extensions of the slide pools.

I got a bad friction burn off the water bowl slide, big blue and white thing and a hole in my shorts. I wasnt offered any compensation for this and the manager guy didnt seem too interested.

I also fell out of the the rubber tube on the big blue slide, which was my own fault I guess (trying to go too fast) and this left me with burns on all four limbs.

The sunbeds were poorly maintained, many had cracks in them.

Don't get me wrong, we did have fun there, but not worth the money and health and safety could be improved, as could customer care.

Visited May 2013
York
“Painful trip to Aqua park”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Visited in May 2013, it was the start of the season so very quiet, so much so that at lunchtime they were ready to close up and we felt guilty for still being there. The slides are fun but you should be cautious. The white slide with the rainbow stripe which I used 5/6 times and the twisty orange tube slide I used 3 times seemingly shaved matching patches of hair from the backs of my legs (no joke, as strange as it sounds) and caused considerable grazing of the skin on my back similar to first degree burns. The slides seem to be of a good quality but I personally believe that the small joint between each slide section is rough enough to contribute to my scars. Slide attendants seemed very young (13/14) and encouraged you to slide down really fast or backwards which felt rather dangerous. The large half pipe slide which you use with an inflated ring also doesn't feel very safe. It's a very steep drop at the start, you can see on our home made video that the ring and rider get 'air born' for a split second as you plummet over the crest. More worryingly was the fact that the attendant on this ride enjoyed spinning your ring as he pushed you off. Not for the faint hearted. Nice place, rather small. Could be a little safer, could be a little cheaper.

Visited May 2013
bath
“great day out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

A great day out & made a change from being at the beach or hotel pool!
A small pool for the younger kids & mini slides ,faster longer slides for the older kids & adults !!'but
Reasonable entry price & food not a bad price when you are in there !
We visited this place twice in 2 weeks as the kids loved it so much!!!

Visited September 2012