“Fabulous Staff...Fabulous Hotel...Fabulous Location” 5 of 5 stars

Club Belcekiz Beach Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Oludeniz Mevki, Oludeniz 48340, Turkey   |
Ranked #9 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Sheffield
“Fabulous Staff...Fabulous Hotel...Fabulous Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

I visited Belcekiz Beach in the second week of August, with my elderly mother..and my daughter who is 8.
I booked with Thomsons, its advertised as a Platinum Hotel, and I paid Platinum Prices!...which in my opinion is not worth it whatsoever...you get 3kgs extra luggage, your prebooked seats on the plane and your inflight meals...dont forget the drop off..on your way to the resort you are guaranteed to get dropped off either first or second...these so called perks are not that beneficial, and I certainly would never never never get ripped off paying a disgusting amount of money ...and could have certainly done without them!!
This hotel is fantastic, its clean, the bedding and towels are changed each day .
The food is exceptional, there is something for everyone, the variation every night .. when catering for so many guests really is superb. The staff - whether it be the porter the cleaner or the waiters are so friendly. Mehmet - the restaurant manager is highy entertaining ...and my daughter was mesmorised by him and his tricks.
There is a hotel run kids clubs, 2 hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon. I have visited Thomson Super Family Hotels and my daughter has not been the slightest bit bothered about them, however, this hotel seems to have the edge...my daughter loved every single minute of them...those girls work really hard ..and my girlie had a fab time with them...they were a really nice genuine bunch of girls, both Turkish and one English girl, who were all lovely. There are gates on the entrance and gates on the exit which leads straight onto the beach, both manned 24hrs by security guards - I am the most paranoid parent ever - and initially I was slightly worried but after a day or two, I became to realise that it really was extremely SAFE!!...
The location is probably the best in the resort, right on the beach. However, now I have a BUT...and that is the beach is not good for young children or for example my elderly mother..there is a huge drop only a few feet in, some days it was quite rough, and the sunbeds are laid on huge pebbles. On the other hand, you can venture over to the Blue Lagoon which is quite the opposite, espcecially Sugar Beach - no waves, - you can walk out for 100 yards and the water only comes up to your knees!...
I would go back next year to the Belcekiz...without hesitation purely because my girlie had such a fantastic holiday..and as the saying goes..if your kids are happy ..then so are you...!! I just loved the atmosphere in this hotel, it felt homely..and I didnt want to go home, and neither did my daughter.!!
On a whole, brilliant location, the friendliest staff I have ever come across, cleanliness -100%, food 100%, entertainment 100%. Superb, but a great shame about next years prices !!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Just back from 2 weeks at the Belcekiz. From arrival to departure we had a wonderful time.
We arrived at about 11p.m. and after a very efficient check in we were shown to our room. The receptionist suggested that we might want to make our way to the snack bar before midnight where they were serving supper. Our bags were taken to our room on the upper floor in the Annex and after a brief explanation from the young lad as to where everything was we headed to the snack bar where they were serving casserole and rice. No sooner had we dished up our food and before we could even sit down we were asked what we wanted to drink. This set the standard for the rest of the holiday.

Our room had a large double bed, a fridge, initially filled with some water and juice, a small flat screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities. There were plenty of hangers and drawer space for both of us, although as the room was for 2 or 3 people, this could be an issue for 3. The room overlooked the tennis courts, which we could not see because of the foliage and was on occasions, used as a football pitch resulting in some noise, although not too intrusive. The room was also adjacent to the swimming pool and entertainment area of the hotel next door but as their entertainment had usually finished well before 11p.m. this was not a problem. The balcony was a bit on the small side with enough rooms for 2 chairs. Clothes dryers were provided for rooms on the ground floor but not for the upper floor so it may well be worth packing some string.

The rooms were cleaned to a very high standard each day and towels and bedding changed on alternate days. With temperatures on the high 30’s the air conditioning was excellent although it did go off when you left your room but stayed on if you sat on the balcony with the door open

Having read all the wonderful reports about the food at the Belcekiz, we were a little bit disappointed by the lack of choice. Having stayed at other all inclusive hotels and some half board establishments, we found the options a little restricted. Having said that we did speak to a number of people who though there was more variety than at some places they had stayed but in any event what it lacked in choice it more than made up for in quality. The food was delicious. We did eat out a couple of times in Olu Deniz and Hisaronou and the quality of the food was also outstanding.

The all inclusive drinks option was also a little restricted, with no whisky or rum available and the beer a rather weak Tuborg. All cocktails had to be paid for and were about 50% dearer than the bars just outside the hotel.

The morning sun bed race is well documented and with people already queuing before 7.30 for an 8.00 start was a sight to behold. However I do understand the need for parents with children who want to keep them in their sight wanting to get a bed near the pool. However whenever we were in the pool area about 50% of the beds with towels on remained unoccupied. We always went to the adult pool where there were always plenty of beds and Mehmet, a legend in his own lifetime, kept everyone amused and well refreshed. Having said that, Sheymush, who stood in when Mehmet was sick did a very good job. We could hardly keep up with him and had to decline his offer to fill our glasses on more than one occasion. If you didn’t fancy the pool the sun beds and parasols on the beach cost 6 Lira each, but you have to watch out for some of the collectors who seem to begrudge giving you the 2 Lira change from a 20 Lira note by asking for a tip!

The evening entertainment was standard fair; you could either take it or leave it. The night we arrived we had Karaoke and the following night a music quiz. The shows in the Amphitheatre were mainly local dancing acts, which were followed by a disco in the Plaza bar. The entertainment programme appeared to run on a weekly cycle so if you stayed 2 weeks and missed it the first week you could watch it the second! Even the music quiz was the same one repeated! This would explain why we were so impressed by those who got the answers correct the first week we were there!

Didn’t participate in the daytime activities but it would appear a good time was had by those who did. I must say how good the entertainment staff, particularly Air, were with the children of all ages. The kids adored them.

The one thing that makes this hotel stand out above all others is service. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave nothing is too much trouble. Such is the level of service, should your glass be empty for more than a minute or your plate not cleared away almost immediately you finish eating you begin to wonder what is wrong. A vast majority of the staff are still at school, always smiling, always very pleasant. A truly remarkable hotel. We reported our wardrobe door had come off its runner and by time we returned to our room an hour later it had been fixed.

Just a word about the trips that we went on. The Truck Safari run by Thomsons was a very good day out. The trout lunch was wonderful but I wouldn’t bother buying the DVD made of the trip. We did and when we got it home we had a lot of pictures of the tops of people’s heads and it was of poor quality. The Talk of the Town was good. Very funny and somewhere, if you wanted to, to take the teenagers and not feel embarrassed. The Saklikent Gorge trip was a very long day, included with it was a trip to a carpet factory and a vineyard. Be warned if you want to go further up the gorge you have to wade through waist deep water, something which is not made clear in the Thomsons literature.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

well what can i say! this was a fantastic hotel!!!

i travelled with my husband for to weeks to this hotel. we had a fantastic time.
travelling to turkey for the first time we didn know quite what to expect. staff were brilliant, could not do enough for you,friendly, smiling and always wanting to please. they all work extremley hard to make sure you have a good time.
food was from 7.30 in morning till midnight and was varied and tasty. drinks endless, not having to move from your sunbed as staff readily brought them when glasses was empty. entertainment was good, and lots of walks a shops around the corner from hotel. room was lovely, and very clean
beach was disappointing, as we didn know it was pebbley,also have to be aware that it gets deep very quick. lagoon is safer but again stones. we did the jeep safari, that was a long day buts lots of fun. check out trip to see turtles was also worth doing. we had a blast and would go again as well worth it. and for anyone who hasnt been before and been told that turks were not nice people....... how wrong they are as they are extremely lovely and kind, not at all what we expected.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
South Ockendon, Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

As per many previous reviews, I agree with just about everyone else about the quality of this hotel.
Travelling with my wife, our teenage daughter and her friend, I was slightly dubious about whether the girls would be kept entertained but having dropped our bags off on arrival, we made our way to the restaurant to get some dinner and that was pretty much the last we saw of them for two weeks!
The location is great, right on the beach and you can sit in the bar and restaurant of an evening watching the paragliders come down from the mountain. The food in the restaurant was really good quality (none of us were tom & dick for a change) with something for everyone (I'm really missing all their salads) and we rarely had to wait for our glasses to be re-filled by the ever keen staff. The hotel and it's grounds are well kept and although it was very funny watching the morning run for the sunbeds at 8am, we could usually find a couple of spare beds when we got up at a more sensible time (although it does grate a little when people reserve sunbeds and then don't turn up until 3 or 4 in the afternoon).
One of the things that really made the holiday though were the Turkish people, especially the hotel staff who were brilliant. Just some of those worthy of mention are Air, Richie, Vayni, Mez (they probably remember Stacey "J Lo" and Sarah "the model") and my favourite, Gamze, who I promised to adopt as my second daughter! Apologies for not mentioning everyone because they all work incredibly hard and so don't forget to tip them using the tip boxes at some point in the holiday.
The shows in the hotel of an evening were good fun and if you didn't want to particpate in any of the more proactive shows you didn't have to.
Oh, and the club dance, by the end of the first few days, you will find yourself doing it, it's very addictive!
We only did a couple of Thomson run trips while there, one being the Dalaman River Cruise which was a good day out enjoyed by the girls as well (you do go to a carpet place but there's no pushiness and it's a short break from the coach). Our other trip was just myself and my wife on the Thomson Chill-Out cruise, definitely my most boozy day of the holiday as we sat on the top deck and immediately got chatting to other guests and drinking far too much of the all inclusive beer and wine.
The Blue Lagoon is good to go to but get the hotel to call the free bus to the privately run Sugar Beach Club as it is much nicer and food and drink are good and reasonably priced.
One of my highlights was paragliding from Mount Babadag (6,550ft) and having taken off with legs of jelly it turned into an amazing experience and one I would definitely recommend. We did a lot of asking around and decided to go with ReAction based outside the hotel, a bit more expensive than some at £60 but they came recommended and appeared to be really safety conscious.
I could probably write a whole lot more great stuff about this hotel and the resort but suffice to say I thought it was great value for money and we all had a great time.
P.S. The room only gets a 3 rating because the wardrobe had no space for my wife to hang her long dresses which caused a slight drama on the first evening :-)

Ossy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

Just returned from Belcekiz Beach Hotel and what a brilliant time we had. The hotel is located perfectly for exploring Olu Deniz town and right on the beach. The views from the Plaza Bar are fantastic and it was lovely to watch the sun set with a cold drink and watch the paragliders coming in to land. The food is exceptional and available from 7:30am til midnight. The staff are absolutely brilliant and very attentive, when sunbathing we were only a few steps away from the pool bar but we never had to get up as the staff just kept bringing us cold drinks. It is a little crowded around the pool and believe it or not holiday makers are queuing from 7am to put their towels down at 8am; it is hilarious to watch. Saying this we never queued and always got sunbeds. I went paragliding and it was a wonderful experience, I booked with 'Re-action' which are situated just to your left when you come out of hotel onto beach. They were great and really put me at ease, really enjoyed the experience. Another great trip is the Jeep Safari, very long day and wet from morn til night but worth it - you'll know what I mean if you partake! Would definately go back!

Abertridwr
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

As in other reviews all I can say is this is the place to go for a great family holiday where you can either relax or take part in any of the activities.The staff were fantastic, Air,Sharp,GoGo, Angel and Jo and all the entertainment crew ,brilliant.The food choice had something for everyone,spend a few pennies and go to the a la carte retaurant,stunning.Everybody is so helpfull you don`t have to lift a finger.My daughter whose 8 had a fantastic time as did we and you`ll make some great friends.The hardest part is leaving and coming home.

Ely, Cambridgeshire,UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

Just arrived home after a great two weeks at the Club Belcekiz Beach.
All previous reviews are spot on, the place is superb.
Every single member of staff goes out of there way to make your holiday an enjoyable one.
Special mention to Air,Sarp and Richie who made the pool area and bar great fun.
Thanks to Air for giving my wife an alternative Turkish Bath by the pool,an experience I dont think she will ever forget!!!.
We were given two rooms in the annexe that were fine,I e-mailed the hotel before we arrived asking for the rooms to be next to each other,which is what we got.
The whole atmosphere of the place was great,everybody seemed to be having a good time and we met some fantastic people.
The sun bed race wasn't that bad and became quite a laugh,there were plenty of sunbeds in the gardens if you didn't fancy the 8 o'clock scramble.
The restaraunt and food quality was realy good and the service around the pools and bars first class.I've never had a holiday where you dont have to leave your sunbed to get a drink.
To sum up,brill Hotel,great location and will definatly return next year.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Club Belcekiz Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!