“ESCAPE paragliding” 5 of 5 stars

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“ESCAPE paragliding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

6000 ft up and jumped off the edge of the world, 20 min flight amazing views of the Blue Lagoon and Olu Deniz.

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Paragliding with Escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I Just did my first ever paragliding flight with Escape, who are based at Lykia World at Oludeniz, Turkey. The views from the launch area at the top of Babadag are breathtaking and are worth the trip up which is by mini bus. Our driver was great and gave us a steady ride up the winding and often bumpy mountain road to the top at 6500ft.

Once at the launch area, the Escape team set to work and prepared the paraglider and got me strapped into the tandem rig. I was pretty nervous, but my pilot and the support team were well drilled and within minutes the glider was up. we took three steps forward and we were lifted into the air by the wind streaming over the launch site.

The glider was so steady I was looking for a crane! I really couldn't quite take it all in and for the first third of the flight I was nervous and holding on to the straps like my life depended on it - my expressions on their HD camera said it all. Once into the flight proper, I started to relax a little and I immediately thought of about two dozen more questions I should probably have asked before we took off! I also remembered that I also had a camera and I started snapping away like crazy.

My pilot was very knowledgeable about the area and explained everything he was doing, particularly before making any manouvers, as well as asking me how I was feeling etc. Our flight took us out to the right and over Oludeniz beach and the Blue Lagoon, before swinging back towards the cliffs directly behind the Lykia World resort. Once over a small ridge we soared for a while and the sensation of flying was at its greatest at this point of the flight due to the proximity of the cliffs to our left (not too close mind). Unfortunately once we had turned back toward the Escape landing strip to begin our final approach, I started to get the beginnings of motion sickness which did rather spoil the very last part of the flight for me. We came up slightly short of the landing mat, but the landing team did a great job of bringing us to a stop, and unbuckled me from the paragliding rig and out of the way for the next people coming in.

Overall it was a superb experience and the only let down was my own motion sickness kicking in. Now I know what to expect, next time i'll be more prepared.

The Escape team are very professional and have done tens of thousands of flights from this location. My pilot had completed 3000 flights in the last 7 years. If you have any questions about the experience, then remember to ask and check these at the desk well in advance of getting into the bus. because once you set off up the mountain you'll forget to ask anything.

In my case the main things I forgot to ask were:

How the harness works, especially before being strapped into it at 6500ft !!
How does the launch work? What about the landing?
To your pilot, How many tandem flights have you done? and were they here?
What the conditions are like today (I flew in the afternoon so I was his third flight of the day)

In some respects I am glad I forgot to ask all these, because I might have talked myself out of what was a never forget experience, and one that I am now keen to repeat in the future.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Sky Sports Paraglide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

One of the most sensational ways to test your nerves. The green mountains and Blue Lagoon panoramic views from 6500ft in the air when you're paragliding are something you'll never forget. Go with the company Sky Sports close to the end of the main road (strip) and ask for Michael at the desk. Top bloke.

Tiverton, United Kingdom
“My husband went paragliding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband, who is in his sixties, decided that he could no longer watch the paragliders descending on to the seafront without having a go himself. He was taken up to Babadag in a very dodgy vehicle (no health and safety in Turkey) and had an amazing descent from the top. He loved it and I might try it next year.

Darlington, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“mountain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

scenery fantastic at the top and great to see paragliders take off. There is a cafe at the top and seats so you can spend time there. there is a bus that takes you from the bottom up and back down, 6500ft.... scary ride.