“enjoyed food but unfortunately we both got salmonella poisoning” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Norwich, United Kingdom
“enjoyed food but unfortunately we both got salmonella poisoning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Visited this restaurant whilst on holiday in August this year, my partner had indian and I had chinese, the food was enjoyable but five minutes later my partner felt violently ill, the restaurant manager kindly took us back to our nearby hotel, where my partner was sick and had the runs till the next morning but was fine after that. However I was not ill on the night but had a very bad stomach the next day, which has continued, including diarrhoea and severe stomach cramps for the last two months! after seeing my doctor and sending in stool samples I finally got results today, definitely salmonella poisoning, so judging by the many good reviews on this forum we must have just been unlucky and ate on the day someone in the kitchen had the runs and should not have been working!! Joseph the Hygiene standards need improving and staff properly trained in food hygiene, and made aware that if they are ill they should not be in the kitchen!!! However we ate most days at Josephs other restaurant on the main street in Olu Deniz, with no problems and excellent service from George and his staff, perhaps he needs to train Madras staff in food hygiene!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
J0seph_Oludeniz, Owner at Madras Restaurant, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review.
I have to say that we are very careful with all the food we prepare and serve and have never had before any comments like this.

I not think your problem was from my restaurant because you feel ill in such a short time after eating , it takes longer for problem to start may be you eat something at breakfast or lunch or may be day before.

I do hope you can remember your eating before that might help you remember.

Joseph

• Turkish first
Essex
“An authentic Indian Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My family and I visited Josephs Madras restaurant after a recommendation from another Holiday maker whilst In a beauty salon.
She spoke to highly of the restaurant that I insisted to my family that we visit that evening, only to find that evening it was Buffet Night, £10.00 - 30TL - Per person!
Not only is that amazing value, the selection is great, Tikka Massala, Korma, Madras, Beef Balti, Veg Curry - All English Favourites.
The Nan bread is made/baked in front of you, and is amazing.

We thoroughly enjoyed our evening there, and had we more time, we would have revisited.

Lovely staff, great tasting Food!

Visited October 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Very good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Excellent food and environment. Super friendly staff always happy to help. Fresh ingredients and the best home grown mint I ever tasted

Visited October 2013
Mansfield, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have just returned from Turkey and have eaten twice at the madras restaurant with my family the food was beautiful both times and we had the choice of Chinese and Indian food.i would highly recommend this restaurant for the food and the staff who make you feel so special.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Absolutely fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Came to olu deniz for the day as we were on holiday, really love indian food, saw the madras resturant and decided to go for it, we both enjoyed our meal, if you love your indian food I would recommend the madras resturant, the staff were friendly and made us very welcome. I will come again if I'm in olu deniz again.

• Visited October 2013