“A Home from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tumen Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oludeniz
Tumen Hotel
You added Tumen Hotel to your Saves list
Hisaronu Mah. Likya Cad. No:1, Oludeniz, Turkey   |
Ranked #29 of 53 Oludeniz B&B and Inns
Renfrew, United Kingdom
“A Home from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This was our third visit to the Tumen, an hotel which deserves to be advertised. This is an oasis in the town of Hisaronu. The rooms are basic, but very clean. The bathroom is very modern with a power shower and constant hot water. Every room has a good sized balcony. There are no kettles, so bring your own. There is a hairdryer and a television.
The gardens are lovely and everything is well looked after.
This is a family run hotel and Charlie and Adam run a tight ship. The pool is large and inviting and getting a sun lounger is never an issue here. Each time we have stayed there have been very few children. It would appear that the clientele is mainly adult, so the atmosphere is relatively quiet and relaxing.
Breakfast is basic, boiled eggs, melon, bread, cheese, tomatoes, olives, tea and coffee, but this is really all you feel like in the hot weather. However, a cooked breakfast can be ordered at an extra charge, if you like .
There is a good choice of snacks etc for lunch and the dinner menu is varied too. I can recommend the chateaubriand.
My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary whilst in Hisaronu last year and it now seems to be our tradition to order chateaubriand. The waiter, John, took great delight in cooking this for us at the table and I have to say, it was first class. The steak was delicious and not a bit of fat to be seen!
Charlie and Adam( Charlie's son) made us so welcome (again) and there were some residents whom we remembered from last year. It would appear that we are not the only ones to return. All in all this is such a relaxing and welcoming place that it seems to be like a home from home.
We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Turkish first
Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The Tumen is a lovely quiet and spotlessley clean little gem of a property, we have stayed their a number of times, as have our family and friends
Hot water around the lock is always available, very laid back atmosphere, nice pool area, with facilities close to hand

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I plus many friends have stayed at the Tumen many times,Charlie & Adam do a great job of keeping the hotel clean and tidy,spot on for the taxi or dolmus just outside the door plus more bars and food outlets to pick from.
We are back there again this year for three brill weeks in great company and great weather we can recommend the Tumen for your ideal holiday.
Cheers Charlie & Adam ....Barry & Margaret.

Room Tip: depending on the time of year but we find no one problem with the rooms..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Paisley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Just back from staying in this hotel and can't complain about anything We had a roadside room and once the window and balcony door were closed there was no noise from the busy bars across the road.The cleanliness was A1 and the maid was very helpful. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Just returned from our 3rd stay at the Tumen and yet again had a great time, I cannot understand the negative comments posted about this hotel as we have never found any problems here.
The majority of the users of this hotel are returning customers with a lot using the hotel twice a year. Charlie and his staff have always been friendly and approachable and I can only presume that some people go on holiday with the intention of finding things to moan about.
The hotel is very clean and centrally located.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean but try and get a room with a pool view if possible but I don't think there...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

just came back from holiday in hisaronu.stayed at the tumen hotel..why do people have a bad opinion on the staff in here they were all friendly.charlie the owner came across as a typical hotel owner ,just looking after his business. and john how funny is he ?..hotel is situated ideally next to bars restaurants etc.defo recommend lemon tree for english breakfast if you dont want the turkish breakfast on offer in the hotel only about £3 quid each.also for bars .. heads or tails.rumours and the peking chinese restaurant for a meal.oh by the way dont bother going to the suntrap for a meal as we were ripped off not value for money and were served cold food at ridiculous prices

Room Tip: left hand block much quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE REVIEW - Important additonal information within!!!!!

The Hotel was fantastic and all facilities’ were immaculately presented. Having been to Hisaronu for the last 10 years and having many many good friends in the area we knew what to expect and on the face of it this hotel was one of the best yet - that said everything was not perfect - the boiled eggs were nearly always undercooked for breakfast and we had to ask a number of times for them to be boiled for a longer period of time - normally I received a shrug of the shoulders from one of the 2 youngest workers, when showing them my white watery boiled eggs, they spoke no English at all and to honest did not seem bothered by anything except when Charlie (The Owner) would shout and prompt them to do every single thing - only one of the other "workers" spoke any English (Turcel or "John" as he liked to be called turned out to be our best memory of this hotel - he was so funny!!!! - without him this review would be damming).

The owner "Charlie" did not like you leaving the hotel for any reason at all - his son "Adam" was like a breath of fresh air compared to the father, he spoke excellent English, was always cheerful and I would recommended to anyone that speaking with Adam to be the way forward although nothing happens in this hotel without the express knowledge and authorisation of the Father "Charlie" - The whole family lives on site including a very elderly man, who I assume is Charlie’s father. He lives in a self contained "flat" situated in the same block as the visitors/Holiday makers, I saw him receiving visits from the hotel staff every now and then and he always answered the door in "medical gown and hat" type clothing and never left the flat.

As with most places in Hisaronu the AC and Fridge which are in the rooms are not free. Here the AC is £25 per week - the Fridge is £10 per week also and a safe is £10 per week. Another couple in the hotel purchased their own electric fan from the local AZDA (ASDA - supermarket) at a cost of £15 and when they returned home from a night out it had been unplugged and their balcony door was left wide open, the room was now hotter than ever and filled with mosquito's - they said that the owner had been in their room after they had gone out for the evening and after unplugging the fan (Using his Electric for free) he left the balcony door open "To teach them a lesson”.

We were due to check out at midday on the day of departure and after asking Charlie if I could extend the room for the rest of the afternoon so that we could shower and change at teatime before leaving at 10 pm that night he informed me that he “might be able to” at a cost of £30 per room - I only paid £17 per room per day for my holiday!

The hotel has 37 rooms and at the time of asking I estimate that 5/6 rooms were being used, most of the time we were the only 2 couples around the pool (My wife and I and brother & sister in law) - Charlie told me that he was expecting a lot of customers in on the day we were due to leave. A few Turkish guests arrived the day before we left but no more than 5/6 rooms worth, Charlie did not speak with me about extending my room after our initial chat, although he was not aware, I had already secured alternative accommodation for all 4 of us (2 Couples) at a rate of £15 for a full 24 hours - I only wanted our original rooms extending from midday to 10pm to shower and change at teatime and he wanted £30 each!!!! - I have since come to the conclusion that this hotel was empty due to the fact that although it is extremely well presented, clean, all of the facilities are present and on the face of it looks like it could well end up being like a home from home - it is not, you do not feel comfortable there as your every move is being watched, your privacy is not respected and if the owner could charge you for the sun - he would!

Nearby

Bars - The Fez bar, Rumours, Calypso, Heads & Tails, Green House, Macuma matarta.

Restaurants - Malibu, Mediterranean, bees knees, festival, lemon tree, peppnio's pizza.

Excursions - every trip should be booked via "Hamish McTurk" - Hasan, who is the owner/Manager is a family man who will remember everything about you on future visits.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room (Reduce the Mosi's) and not facing the road (Less noise) - do not use t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tumen Hotel? Share your experiences!