“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Southport
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just returned from 2 weeks holiday at the Tolay Hotal and what a great time we had, the staff are all great and very friendly.Ali the manager makes everyone welcome. If it's a friendly hotel you are looking for you wont go wrong with the Tolay. Looking forward to another visit. Thanks for a good holiday Ali and the rest of the team. Peter & Joy

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ali T, Manager at Tolay Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hello Peter & Joy, thankyou for you review of Tolay hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you visit again soon. I will pass on your comments to all the staff, Best wishes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
Richmond, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed at the Tolay for 6th and 7th time in October 2012 & July 2013. I would never stay anywhere else, this is a home from home for me. The hotel is ideally placed a short 5 minute walk from the town centre (but far enough away that you don't hear any noise from the towns nightlife) it is close to local shops and restaurants and the local bus route. The hotels restaurant can provide anything from daytime snacks to full evening 3 course meals at a very reasonable price. The Turkish night is very good value and alot of fun. The pool is cleaned every night and the surrounding area and sunbeds are always clean and tidy. The bedrooms are cleaned daily by the lovely housekeeping staff who really put alot of time and effort in to their work, often going the extra mile to make decorations on the beds from flowers they have picked. As a budget hotel, it is expected that any extras are paid for locally at the hotel. This includes safety deposit boxes, fridges, air conditioning, internet etc... This is the case at any hotel of this type, if you want all this included then there are plenty of 5* all inclusives available elsewhere. The breakfast is a traditional Turkish breakfast, eggs, cucumber, feta, breads, jams, tomatoes etc if you come to Turkey, this is what you expect. If you want alternatives for breakfast these are also available. Various cereals, pancakes, cooked breakfasts are on the menu for a small extra charge. (The included breakfast is only the Turkish) Occasionally there can be noise problems in the hotel, due to either inconsiderate fellow guests or the neighbouring hotel the Carmina (both of which are unfortunately in the most part, beyond the Tolay's control, but they do try to crack down on noise from guests after midnight) The closer your room is to the main entrance/bar area, the more you will be affected by this (I've never had this problem as i'm a heavy sleeper! I could sleep IN the bar with no problem! haha) The staff are what makes this hotel. Suleman works hard throughout the night making sue everything is ready for the next day. Murat works hard through the day, attending to everyone's needs and is always having a joke with the guests. Ali keeps everything ticking over and if there's ever any problem, he will do his best to solve them for you. Tolga works through the night and sometimes the day too. He can help you with any local knowledge and also any problems. All the staff are helpful, cheerful, friendly and chatty throughout your stay, not just if you are spending money in the hotel (I rarely eat in the hotel as I eat in the town, but the staff never change their manner towards you) I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, but please be sure that you're aware that this is a budget hotel and there are extras you may have to pay for (which when added up, won't cost you more than a hotel where this is automatically included) but the experience and hospitality you have here certainly isn't a budget one! I will be back in four weeks and I can't wait!!

Ali T, Manager at Tolay Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hello Kirsty, thankyou for another great review of Tolay hotel. We always look forward to your stays with us and can't wait until the next one in a few weeks time. Best wishes
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have just returned from a two week stay at the Tolay Hotel, this was the most friendly and welcoming hotel we have ever stayed, the staff Ali, Tolga, Murat, Kamil and Sulaman could not do enough for you,the rooms are spotless, cleaned daily by very pleasant staff, the regular guests to the Tolay are really friendly to the new guests and everyone is welcomed, food is available 24/7 you only have to ask.Definately return again excellent value for money and they do not tolerate unsociable behaviour from disruptive guests giving all a good nights sleep, excellent for couples and families.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ali T, Manager at Tolay Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hello Janet, thankyou for your great review of Tolay hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon, Best wishes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I recently stayed in this particular hotel this summer, prior to my visit I researched various websites for all reviews on this hotel and was more than happy to be staying at the Tolay Hotel.

The introduction to the hotel was polite and very welcoming and the hotel itself very clean.

As usual, you expect to pay for air con etc. however I was more than disappointed at the fact they asked you to pay 20turkish lira for wifi (PER DEVICE) as well as being offered to hire the fridge out in your room for another 20 turkish lira. However when requesting this, they then question you as to why you would need this appliance as they do not allow you to bring in any outside food or drinks into the hotel, of course leaving you to purchase from them at all times. I found that their soft drinks were average price, however their alcoholic beverages were overpriced.

Coming to the end of your holiday ourselves and a lot of the other guests at the hotel found that the owners attitude changed towards you, and at times being fairly rude and coming across as very greedy.
I would say that if you are to stay here, I would advise you to bring your food and drink in from outside shops due to them being cheaper.

Overall we had a lovely holiday, but towards the end they let themselves and us down.

Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Thank you so much to Ali and all of the staff at the Tolay for a fantastic holiday! This was my third visit to Hisaronu and my first at the Tolay, but after a great 11 night stay we will definitely be back next year. The hotel its self is small and basic but very clean. All of the hotel staff work extremely hard to maintain the hotel and keep its visitors happy. After reading a few negative reviews I was a little apprehensive about staying here, but I couldn't be more wrong. Although we went out most days on trips and around the bars at night, it was definitely the staff and friendly residents at the Tolay that made our stay. The pool and bar area are very clean with plenty of sun beds. The Turkish night was great fun and the Sunday lunch is not to be missed. I would recommend this hotel to down to earth friendly people of all ages.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ali T, Manager at Tolay Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hello Kathryn, thankyou for your review of Tolay hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future, Best wishes
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just returned from a 28 day stay at the Tolay, We stayed there last year so had no hesitation to return, The staff work tirelessly to make everyones holiday an enjoyable one, nothing is ever to much trouble. Ali, Tolga, Murat and Kamil (One more) have become very close friends, they were joined this year by Sulaman and Junior Murat who also work very hard especially Sulaman, the cleaners, chef and all the other people who work there do an excellent job. Buba (Tolga's Dad) made some modernisations this year and will continue to improve the Hotel each closed season. The Tolay is a very friendly Hotel where you are someone not just a number like other hotels We have visited, everyone in the Hotel seems to enjoy each others company which makes this place special. I have read other reviews regarding paying 1Lira for a plate of toast, the hotel charge this to stop people ordering vast amounts of toast and then wasting it, the hotel is family run and get paid very poorly by the holiday companies.
We really enjoy staying at the Tolay and would recommend it to anyone, try it and see for yourself. See you next year GUYS will be back again for our Nieces wedding with all our families.
Peter & Jayne x

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ali T, Manager at Tolay Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hello Peter & Jayne, Thankyou for your review of Tolay hotel. It was lovely seeing you again and hope to see you again very soon, Best wishes
bolton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have visited this hotel 8 times in the past 6 years and I am due to go back in just over two weeks time. Tolay Hotel is honestly the best place I have ever been to and I wouldn't even think about going anywhere else. Ali, Tolga and Murat have worked there more or less every year and they have always made my family and I feel welcome. Suleyman, Levent, Kamil and Hatice worked very hard. I am not often up for breakfast, however when I am I always enjoy it and it is the same breakfast that you will get anywhere else because it's a TRADITIONAL TURKISH breakfast. The rooms are lovely, bright and are cleaned regularly-the maid is an absolute star! I usually go out in to town for my evening meals, but the food in the hotel is tasty and good value for money. A lot of the guests at the hotel are repeat customers and this is mainly because all of the staff are friendly and the location is great. The animals in the area make noise, but that's what animals do and this can't be stopped. Reading some other reviews on here about how the staff are only nice if you are spending money in the hotel, I can assure you that this is not the case. Everyone is there to help and they would never treat someone differently just because they choose to spend their money elsewhere. As for the extras that you have to pay for, I haven't heard of many hotels that don't charge for air conditioning, safety deposit boxes and wi-fi-this is normal for any hotel and as the rooms are so cheap anyway I am more than happy to pay for these extras if I wanted them. Most weeks they have their BBQ Night where they have different entertainment and a lovely selection of Turkish Mezes, chicken, meatballs and cheese rolls. I try and go to everyone they have whilst I am there as they are always really good. The hotel is fun for all ages, we traveled as a party of 10 and my 13 year old brother who had an year infection and was unable to swim still managed to enjoy himself. I will never visit a different hotel and I think of the people here as my family.

Ali T, Manager at Tolay Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hello Giorgia, thankyou for another great review of Tolay hotel. We always look forward to your stays with us and can't wait until the next one. Best wishes

Been to Tolay Hotel? Share your experiences!