“Truly wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 80 Hotels in Belek
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Truly wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

WoW Wow wow ! What can i say after researching this hotel before we booked i can honestly say that it lived up to all our expectations and more. we stayed from the 24 sept to 5oct a party of 4 for my 25 wedding anniversary. the service was impeccable the hotel spotless clean and the staff worked tirelessly to make your holiday special .The food was marvelous fresh and plentiful so much choice we tried 3 of the a la cartes chineese mexican and steakhouse and they were amazing our favourite being the mexican. There was something going on all the time in the hotel.The pool areas were to die for and the grounds and plants were beautiful. T he entertainment was really good shows every night garden party ibiza night live bands.we loved every minute and had a truly relaxing marvellous holiday. we stayed in rooms 1416 1414 and would like to give a special mention to Seme our maid who kept our rooms spotless and made us some wonderful artwork from towels on our beds and also Evren from the Sandals bar who looked after us from day one always with a smile such a hard worker a credit to the hotel. would definitely reccommend this hotel 5 star luxury atruly fantastic holday had by all Well Done Sussesi.si

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Brilliant stay again at the Susesi even if it was August in the height of summer!!

Service again was 5 star except my only issue would be the chalets, there is no managing these Chalets and people just walk up, children wet all your towels however the butlers are fab but Customer Relations dont care!!

I cant fault this place really some of the waiters treated us like king and queen.

Now pricing up to go back next year but not in season as i cant cope with finding sunbeds!!

Room Tip: Sea views, not really worth it as it is limited
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was my fourth trip to this resort and Hotel and yet again wasn't disappointed. The service was excellent, the staff so friendly and helpful. They just couldnt do enough for us. My daughter came with her 9month old boy and the staff where so attentive to her and the baby it was just fabulous . Booking again for next September for a 5th time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Москва
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Good afternoon. Hotel great, although it requires some where repair. The kitchen is also worthy, but we had a little behind the other. You don't have a daily animation by definition, or rather that there is a pathetic породия animation. I first with such animation group meeting and not to offend their children and get good impressions had to buy a round for 10 days in a cheap hotel Sherwood Brezees in Antalya you will make sport of impressions. We immediately after two weeks returned to Turkey.
You don't bocce, competitions are held with reluctance and almost at the same time. I like it one of the animators for the victory in Darts itself suggested to go to the bar and take a cocktail winner!!!
Also hotel for draw Your attention to the rooms. We only after a few days have made the migration from a completely прокуренного rooms in the room where ever smelled of mildew. This I also first meet. As I talked to her поездкс Nadegda Grigoryeva, the same I was not able to meet her in the hotel. So we cannot work!
The other personnel of You super! He really lives up to the title of luxury. Because You have a wonderful Ala map restaurants.
We really liked Your hotel, but until you change the concept of the animation and not spend repairs family rooms where we were, we do not return, though the expectations we had completely different

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

A gorgeous hotel with wonderful staff, looked after very well by Sonmez Evren at the pool bar, food was lovely and staff very friendly and helpful and did not stand still at all, always busy, only thing on our checkout someone had booked a meal to our room so make sure you get a printed copy of you receipt, made feel a bit deflated, but in saying that would still return.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Susesi 8/9/2013 - 18/9/2013 and I am still having holiday blues :( The size of the hotel could be overwhelming for those who have not stayed at a resort like this before but as my boyfriend and I had stayed at the Rixos Sungate (Kemer) 2 months before we knew what to expect :) Actually, I think that the Susesi is smaller than Rixos Sungate but it is still huge! In 10 days I'm not even sure if we visited everything that the hotel has to offer. We were lucky enough to find a nice english couple (English are the minority here) on our first day who basically gave us a tour because we couldn't find the main pool (how embarassing lol). If you get stuck with finding anything the guest relation girls / staff at reception will always point you in the right direction. After a few days of staying at the Susesi you will soon figure out your way around!

Check in was relatively quick, they show you how to get to your room and let the bellboy bring your suitcases up for you which is nice.

The rooms are clean and modern, nothing special but not shabby. Our house keeper didn't make any animals out of towels on our bed though the whole time we was there unlike other couples we met. Mini fridge is refilled daily and they even leave you a packet of crisps haha. The bathrooms are nice, better than other hotels that I have stayed in. Now the bad...
Problem 1.) - I remember walking into the room and noticing that we had been given a twin room with 2 single beds instead of a double which I was a bit annoyed at as we had emailed the hotel prior to visiting so they obviously knew that we was a couple?
Problem 2.) We decided to let the bed situation go as we could ask housekeeping to put a sheet over the 2 beds and make do, then I saw the view. which was shocking!!!!!!!!! No exageration, it was awful :( Looking over a dirty roof of a carpark I think? So with that my boyfriend went back down to reception to complain about the 2 problems we was facing with our room. And to be honest , they didn't really care?! All they kept saying was that the hotel was full and that they couldnt move us (the hotel was no where near full!). Ok so we hadn't paid for a sea view, but that was because we booked online and didn't have the option. I couldn't get my head round why they wouldn't put people in rooms with a better view than a carpark roof when they obviously had other rooms available. We weren't asking for a suite with a sea view , we just wanted something that was a little bit nicer to look at than what we was given, as we are the type of people who like to come back to the room and sit on the balcony for a while.

We decided to not let it ruin our holiday so we unpacked and headed down to the pool bar. Food is served here everyday between 12 & 5 (I think? we didn't eat here much.) So we were able to get some picky bits after we'd unpacked. Every day after that we tended to eat in the snack bar across the bridge for lunch, I've forgotten the name... You could choose off a menu here though they do have a tiny buffet section which does rice, kebab meat that sort of thing, they also have a salad section. I had a pizza here for lunch almost every day !! They was soooo nice,!! They done loads of other stuff too, burgers, chips, chicken sandwiches, steak sandwiches, 'grilled meatballs' (which wasn't grilled meatballs it looked like some sort of kebab meat on a stick lol) etc. theres also a stand where a chef can cook you either spaghetti or a stir fry where you can choose the ingredients , these were popular there was always a massive queue so I'd advise to go and queue 12.25 , 5 mins before they start so that you don't have to wait long. You can also order pasta dishes off the menu. There is so much choice!! There is no point in the day where you can't get food! In fact , I even think the main restaurant is open all night! We never went to the main buffet restaurant for lunch so I can't comment on that, We never went to breakfast , so I can;t comment on that either! We preferred to get up when we wanted , then get some crisps/nuts from the bar to keep us going until half 12. Oh and the fact that the bar offered crisps and nuts was nice, they didnt do that in Rixos, I thought it was a nice touch. Susesi has thought of everything when it comes to 'nice touches'. They offer out frozen towels to put around your neck and a few days I even see a waiter with huge leaves fanning guests!

Most of the waiters were nice, although some spoke very little english but it was never a problem. They was always polite and often called my boyfriend 'Sir' which was cute. There are a few there that really do make the extra effort and always have a conversation with you. Oh yeah, as soon as you have finished smoking and put your fag out they replace the ashtray straight away! They are always on point. Tips are appreciated here as they work long hours, so If you're lucky enough to find a waiter that does look after you give them a tip :)

The main restaurant was brilliant of an evening, always so much to choose from and I'm a fussy eater! They have themed nights every night , on some of the nights that we didnt like the sound of the food i.e russian night we decided to book an a la carte, You can book these at any point of the day with the guest relation girls. Mexican & Turkish were free which was a touch as me being a fussy eater I didn't like the look of any of the chargeable restaurants! Mexican and Turkish were brilliant though!! We went to both twice. We met another english couple that we spent most of our days & nights with (even though they was on there honeymoon!) and found out that they had been upgraded twice since they had been there, but they had to ask there rep to speak with reception as when they tried they had receive the same response as us. 'the hotel is full' !! We decided to give it a go even though we were half way through our holiday, I'd rather have our last days in a better room than one with a rubbish view! Our Rep was successful in securing us a room looking over the swim up rooms not that the reception staff wanted to give us it , we were told that it would be ready for us the next day. So we was pleased, better late than never aye! So if you're ever in the same situation , ask your rep :)

The pools are lovely, you can even walk under a bridge (tight gap between your head and the bottom of the bridge though) that takes you through to the 'lazy river' as some call it. the pools where the swim up rooms are. There are a few jacuzzis round here so have a look about. I would definately recommend the private chalets! We got one 3 times and shared with the other couple we met. They are 120 euros a day but try and charge you an extra 25 if you say there are 4 of you so just say that there are 2 of you if you do decide to get them. You receive butler service all day and unlimited champagne which they usually charge 50 euros a bottle for, so after 3 bottles you've got your money back basically. You get your own private area and beds that are in the water , plus if anyone tries to sit on these your butler tells them to move :) They do these chalets by the beach and the pool, don't know what the beach ones are like because we never tried them. They are definately worth the money though! They were some of the best days there. It's horrible going back to the normal beds around the pool though after you've had a chalet so maybe book these towards the end of your holiday.

There was pool games every day but we didn't ever take part in these , The entertainment at night was Ok (better at Rixos) we'd seen alot of similar shows before at rixos so maybe thats why they didn't give us the WOW factor. Next door (Cornelia Diamond) always seemed a bit more livelier so I wonder what there entertainment was like. They had Kareoke one night which was fun, although obviously you are going to get people who are from other countries participating, we always went mad when someone from the UK was taking part though, my boyfriend and man from another english couple even ended up doing the closing act of 'we are the champions' hahaha! There was a foam party on the beach one day but it only lasted half an hour, I don't like the beach anyway so we wasn't there for long. The garden party & pier party was good but they always finished at half 12, so as soon as you was starting to feel a bit drunk and get into the swing of things they would end! The night club was ok, but mainly always dead, us and the 3 other couples we met would usually go as a group there , so it was us and a few others, 15 people MAX! We didn't go to the lobby bar but we did try the bar on the 4th/5th floor that looks over the whole resort. The view was pretty but this was also dead! haha The fact that the barman in there was absolutely rubbish at making coctails probably didnt help!! Us and another couple had a sip of our drinks (they was that bad) and left. and we was the only ones in there lol. It's a shame because it's almost a waste as it's always empty. Maybe they should have some sort of entertainment up there and a balcony as a smoking area so that it would draw people there.

We only left the resort once to go to Belek town to have a browse around the shops. Every shop is the same selling fakes of certain brands. If you do go make sure you haggle!! They are literally all selling the same thing so try to get it for under half the price of what they are looking for or say that you will just go to the next shop. We didn't buy anything, apart from a lighter, but it was nice to have a change of scenery for a few hours. If you do go make sure you go on a saturday , as thats when the full market is open. Theres a tractor that runs from the hotel but we got a cab as it was only 10 euros there and back. You don't have to leave the hotel as everything is on offer there. Although all of the shops are over priced. One shop tried to charge the couple we met more than the price stamped on the newspaper haha funny. You will also get hassled by the photographers, say no if you dont want pictures done and if that doesn't work just ignore them, they are quite rude so don't worry about being rude back. All they are after is your money and they charge ridiculous prices for the printed photos we heard.

Overall, The Susesi is a fantastic hotel, with a few glitches, but nowhere can be perfect unless you pay the price for it to be. I would recommend it to anyone. Would we go back? Not anytime soon but that's only because we done 2 similar hotels in turkey this year, we would like to do a smaller hotel near a strip next year. In a few years time maybe we would! :) x

Room Tip: If your not happy with your room ask your rep to request a better one from reception!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was our second visit to the wonderful Susesi 31/08 - 10/09/13, the first time (May/June 2009) was a family holiday with our then 9 year old daughter, this time it was just me and my husband to celebrate my special birthday so a totally different holiday we just wanted to chill and relax and that is actually what we did!!

We arrived at the hotel around 11pm and was quickly checked in by a nice smiley gentleman on reception who upgraded us to a standard terrace room with direct access to the pool - superb!! we were shown to our room by a lovely lady from guest relations who explained everything about the hotel including meal times, a la cartes, ect and if we had any problems to pop along and see her, I was absolutely over the moon with the room (3330) it was between the games room and Ada bar/Mexican restaurant, it was very spacious for the two of us not as luxurious as some hotel rooms we have stayed in but it was spotlessly clean with everything we needed and more, TV, mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities, a good selection of toiletries, we also had a bottle of red wine and a basket of fruit waiting for us for being repeat guests, a huge balcony with 2 sun loungers and a parasol which came in very handy with the afternoon sun, table and 2 chairs, a prong type clothes dryer and a side gate with steps down to the pool!

We normally sunbathed just outside our room around the lazy pool it was so quite and relaxing it was like having our own private pool at times, never had any problem getting sun loungers at any time of the day, it could get a bit noisy with young families around 5pm but by then it was time for us to make our way to the Ada bar for a couple of drinks before getting ready for the evening, it is a shame this bar is closed in the evenings I would imagine it to be nice and relaxing with lovely views of the pool and villas!

The food at this hotel is still amazing I can honestly say it is the best in my opinion than any of the other ultra all inclusive hotels we have stayed in Turkey (Xanadu, Voyage, Atlantis, Sherwood Dreams, Delphin Palace and Paloma Pasha) the main restaurant serve a huge selection of hot and cold food at all meal times, delicious deserts, lots of show cooking, theme nights, breakfast could be quite busy some days we found it best to go before 9am for a bit of peace and quite, there was quite a lot of preschool children who I found to be a bit grumpy in the mornings!! We only dined on 2 occasions in the main restaurant in the evening as we prefer to be served our meals in the a la cartes restaurants the ones we tried were superb - we visited the Chinese twice (10€pp), Mexican 3 times (free), Turkish twice (free) and the Steakhouse once (10€pp) the food and service was 5* in them all!! No problem booking any of the a la cartes the guest relation girls were more than happy to book them for use as far in advance as we wanted!! They can also be booked by a machine in the reception but we could never get it to work, we found it much easier to book with guest relations!

We don't bother with entertainment when we go away as a couple we just like to enjoy a nice meal and a few quite drinks in the evening, loads of entertainment available if that is what you want, amphitheater shows every evening with either a pier party or a live band on every night plus a discos which all seemed to go down very well! We enjoyed spending our time at Sandals bar around the pool area it had a nice atmosphere in the evenings with excellent waiter service with branded drinks, a huge cocktail menu and bottled beers - Becks, Millers and Mariachi, every evening we were served 7 different nibbles with our drinks!! We also liked the lobby bar which is open 24 hours again an excellent selection of drinks. The Mor bar on the 4th floor is a lovely bar/cocktail bar with stunning views over the resort, but I feel it is under used I am not sure people know about it really as the hotel don't seem to promote it!

International branded drinks and bottled beers are served in all bars apart from the one on the pier, only one disappointment for me they don't serve real Baileys!

We enjoyed the luxury of a pavilion/chalet (no.1) with butler a for the day, by the pool on two occasions, one being my birthday they do come with a fee but are lovely for a special treat, they include bath robes and slippers, a newspaper (the sun) a well stocked fridge which included bottled beers, champagne (cava), plenty of soft drinks, large platter of fresh fruit, ice cream, frozen flannels, an ice bucket with 2 bottles of white wine, all drinks get replenished, tea and coffee making facilities there is also a food menu and drink menu, the butler pops by every 20/30 mins or so to ask if he can get you anything - drinks or food, there is also a telephone to contact him.....a perfect birthday treat!!

Like I said I had a special birthday while we were at the Susesi, I received a bottle of wine, a basket of fruit and a birthday card in the room, then in the a la carte restaurant in the evening I had a special decorated table and got presented with a lovely birthday cake, a nice birthday to remember...thank you Nalan and Toady xx

The Spa area is lovely, we liked to use the sauna, steam room, Turkish bath and the indoor pool most afternoons, it was nice to get out of the hot sun at times, we were not bothered at all from the Spa staff to have treatments unlike other hotels we have stayed in! On the day of check out we used the changing rooms to shower (2 hair dryers in the ladies) and the lockers to keep our valuables, hand luggage and change of clothing in for our evening flight, a little tip if you want a locker get one early and grab yourself a towel in case they run out, the Spa closes at 8pm so make sure you have emptied your locker by then!!

Nalan Tosun the guest relations manager and her lovely team deserves a special mention they really are a credit to this hotel, they go out of there way to ensure all guests are happy!! Thank you Nalan for organising the pavilion/chalet....xx

I could go on and on about this hotel but I think most things have already been covered in previous reviews.

In summary, a relaxing holiday with excellent food, quality branded drinks, fantastic staff and 5* service!!

Room Tip: We loved our room with direct access to the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Susesi Luxury Resort? Share your experiences!