“Too expensive, but a great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ela Quality Resort Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Iskele Mevki 480 Parsel, Belek 07500, Turkey   |
Ranked #23 of 77 hotels in Belek
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Too expensive, but a great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

It tourism usualy you get what you have payed for. You can not pay 10 euros/ night for a 5* hotel and still have great expectations. But still... this hotel i consider is to expensive at this time. More luxury hotels you cand find now in Antalya for the same money or less money / same quality.
I can not say that is not a good hotel. For families with children is one of the best hotels that you can find in Turkey. You can be accomodated in big douplex rooms that are realy nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Place is gorgeous and the people are so friendly only slight moan I have is that the resort is Tailored for the Russian market but if you are going to have Brits as well more of the staff should speak at least a little English but that aside I would recommend this resort to anyone the place is stunning the rooms are spacious and immaculate the food is really good plenty to chose from from every cuisine you can imagine

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Leusden, Holland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

After reading a lot of reviews I thought I had a pretty good idea of what to expect. But after spending a week in this hotel, I must say that it was much better than expected.
The lobby and reception area was impressive and beautiful. The checking in went very smooth and quickly. We (my wife and I) had a normal room with seaview. It was only on the first floor, but a very nice view of the swimming pool and behind that, the sea.
The room was perfect ! More space than I expected, and very, very clean. It looked like a brand new hotelroom. The bathroom was also very nice.
It was also the first Turkish hotel ( and we have seen a lot of 5 * hotels in Turkey) that has rum in the all-inclusive menu. And not local rum, but one of my favourites: Havana Club !
The buffet restaurant was one of the best we have ever seen and tasted (together with the Adam & Eve hotel, also in Belek, which we visited an few years ago) And it was very pleasand to sit next to the water with the beautiful Koy vish.
But altough the food and atmosphere in the buffet reastaurant was very nice, we spend most nights eating in the a-la-carte reataurants (French and Italian) For only 8 euro per person, you can eat increadable good! And a perfect service ! ( Beware not tot order from the expensive wine list, but order one the very good house wines: red, white ore rosé, which are all-included)
Memhed, who was our waiter in the French restaurant, was the best !
I can say, that we never had better food in a all-inclusive hotal in Europe.
In the morning you can have breakfast in the Mexican a-la-carte hotel ( no extra charge !)
There you can sit very nice and it is much more relaxed than the buffet. You can order any kind of egg and you get real, vresh orange juice, as much as you want!
For luch you can (and must!) go to the Italian al-la-carte restaurant (no extra charge) and there you must order the "cafe the Paris" ! The best meat you can imagine, on a slice of roasted bread, with galic butter. I can still taste that lovely meat just writing abou it.
And in the evening we went or to the Italian or the Frenck restaurant. The French restaurant has a very romantic atmosphere, completed with French music.
The portians are small, so remember to order more than just 2 or 3 courses (which is no problem, the menu has a lot of choises)
One thing that was also very nice, is that they serve Champagne within the all-incusive menu. All day through! So you can start with Champagne with breakfast and continue drinking Champange with lunch or at the pool.
I have read a lot of reviews about the Russians. And yes, there are a lot of Russians, but I must say that most of the Russians we have seen, behaved good. It is not in there nature to be nice, but we had no bad experience with them.
So, after being 1 day back in Holland, we aready want to go back.....
Perhaps we do that at the end of the season.
Have fun and enjoy !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bucharest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Good hotel, many places for children's entertainment, almost never bored, good rooms, good meals, a hotel just for families. Loved the barefoot path and the big pools. However it would have been better if the russians had manners or were not so many!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Excellent facilities, Good Sports Programm and less guests due to Off-Season.
Vida sports programm includes yoga, Qi-Gong and Body Balance, they just opened a yoga room on 6th floor with lovely sea view as its getting chilli outside for the morning courses. pura sports is more aerobic and Body Styling, Fitness Center is well equipped. SPA includes 2 sauna, Hamann and steem bath. Prices for treatments are adjusted to russian price level-too expensive.
A la carte restaurants offer very good service and food. Buffet restaurant is ok.

Room Tip: Choose rooms in the right wing at the end of the hall with Sea view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I can imagine a lot of huffy, entitled travelers jamming this place in July and August, when basically everyone goes on vacation.

However, we just got back after a marvelous week and overall our holiday went above and beyond our expectations, which were high to begin with.

Although we are a couple with no children, we booked a family room as it was 2 levels, 2 full bathrooms and only 20 Euro more a day than a standard room when we booked. Our balcony had a view of the mountains to the left and the ocean to the right.

The room was mostly very clean except some small staining on the carpets, but that's to be expected in a Family Room if a resort caters to families. Lighter carpets in family rooms may not be the best idea, as elegant as they look.

Beds were comfy and there is a Pillow Menu, with no additional cost. Plenty of larger toiletries available along with soft and fluffy towels and robes. Keycard entry is with a chipcard for excellent security.

The grounds are immaculately kept and sprawling. It's a big resort, but incredibly it manages to feel intimate and cozy at times. Although it's child-friendly there are also quite a few quiet pockets with hammocks, and other places to just relax.

The food is, overall, very good, particularly when considering the size and scale of the property and that it's all-inclusive. There was an astonishing amount of variety on offer at meals. The salad bar at lunch would have at least 8 different types of olives, 10 different types of dressings (try the sour pomegranate!), steam tables, soups, meats, veg, fish, cheeses, little hors 'd oeuvres (sp?) type nibbles...and a great selection of desserts, many of them traditional Turkish.

There were 2 theme nights in the dinner buffet during our stay: seafood (with a sushi station, although it was marginal and I assume not at all like the sushi in the Japanese restaurant) and traditional Turkish. For the latter there was staff in traditional Ottoman costume and in addition to the Turkish food already available there were fresh, handmade pies and other treats. That was all in addition to the other food already offered.

It did appear great care was taken to maintain cleanliness and freshness while we were there.

We dined at 3 of the a la carte restaurants. The Turkish/Ottoman restaurant only had one other family the night we booked, but the food was outstanding. Lighter than we expected. Some favorites were the Manti (sp?) and the cinnamon rice. We also had a lamb main that was moist and flavorful. We were invited to sample all three desserts and they were also delicious. Give it a try!

We dined at the French restaurant. This was our least favorite, as they seemed to reach too high for what they were able to do. The French onion soup was tasty, but comparable to what I could buy at the grocery, with no baked bread and cheese on top. There was one cheesy crouton. I ordered a quail souffle for a starter but instead was served a crab starter. The crab was that awful fake crab you see in California Roll sushi. My main were the veal cheeks, which are typically very tender but the ones I had were gelatinous and tougher than they should be, an odd combination. The 2 good parts of the French meal was the wine (wine lists are the same at all a la carte restaurants it appears) and dessert. The wine was a Turkish Fume Blanc, 900, at 38 Euro for the bottle was quite good. Wine is not included at the a la carte restaurants but there is a range of price points. Dessert was a warm melted chocolate cake, which you see much more on menus these days but it was delicious and well done.

Our third and final a la carte meal was at the Italian restaurant. Excellent starters and mains (proscuitto with figs and gorgonzola, porcini risotto and a tender, flavorful and perfectly cooked medium steak).

Service at all restaurants was very friendly and, with the exception of the starter mixup at the French restaurant, very professional. Out server at the Turkish restaurant in particular was extremely helpful in helping us navigate the unfamiliar menu.

We had a few lunches at the La Perla bistro, which is a la carte, but also included. In case you get tired of the buffet. Huge menu, great variety of dishes. I had Nasi Goreng with beef skewers, salmon pasta (not much salmon but still tasty) and a great steak. Delicious salads. The lunch steak portion is about the size of a deck of cards but very good and tender. The pizza was, um, not quite pizza though, but I'm spoiled with pizza living in Munich and coming from New York City with all the great Italian in both ;-)

The spa...wow, the spa is wonderful. Huge, kept immaculately clean. I booked a package for 3 treatments at 100 Euro for 75 minutes. First was in the Hamam (my first time in one). I was given a standard towel and a pestemal, which is a flat woven striped towel traditionally used in Hamams. I was led to the sauna for a few minutes then my therapist, Hashim, came to bring me to the Hamam for my scrub and foam massage. I didn't specify a male or female therapist, but Hashim was extremely profession and very good at making me feel comfortable. The other two women in the large, open Hamam room (tons of marble and beautiful fixtures, a gorgeous room) also had male therapists. I was in a thong and the pestemal was folded and placed over my breasts during my treatments in the Hamam.

The scrub was by hand using a new and clean mitt from a newly opened package. The foam massage was such a treat! Basically soap is scrubbed on a pillowcase, they wave it around to aerate it and you're covered in these huge, thick bubbles then massaged. It feels really, really good. More of a treat than a "proper" therapeutic massage, but amazing. After that my hair was washed (nice scalp massage) and Hashim brought me over to the rest area after I was toweled and offered me a cup of tea after propping me up on some big, fluffy pillows.

After that as part of the package I got a 30 minute back massage from Zhang in one of the massage rooms. I get a lot of knots in my back and Zhang knocked them right out in that half hour.

All that, for 100 Euros, especially considering how luxurious the property is was, in my view, a great value. My skin was baby-soft after and I was just a happy floaty thing.

There is the option of requesting a therapist by gender if you're a woman who isn't comfortable with a male therapist.

The spa also has a juice bar which we went to a few times. Fresh pressed orange, carrot or apple juice (I got a blend of the last two) which is a nice change from all the indulging. There is just soooo much food.

What else? Lots of activities! My fiancee did boomerang almost daily and I tried air rifle a few times, both run by Gürkan. He's great at his job, working with kids and adults. Good instruction, good motivator and great sense of humor. Huge list of scheduled activities throughout the property and on your room's television. Main pool area was huge, relaxing and beautiful, just be careful because there's lots of slick marble. Mini golf, lovely beach...seems like a place that's hard to get bored in.

Shisha was fun at sunset. Little treats like the incredible Turkish coffee and fresh lemonade made little breaks throughout the days so much nicer. The house Champagne/sparkling wine is also surprisingly good for being included. Usually it tends to be total plonk.

Staff mostly speaks German and Russian in addition to Turkish. This didn't bother me much, as I do speak some German but on the few occasions I needed help with something and there was a language issue I was quickly transferred by phone to someone who was able to help.

Overall we just had a great time, loved it. We're usually the type of couple that likes to go beyond the resort (we just found the TUI excursion desk the next to last day) but Ela sucked us in like quicksand, in a good way.

I recommend potentially cranky travelers avoid it in the high season. Although we had a great experience, I could see the place not functioning as smoothly when it's packed. We got a small taste of that out last 2 days when a huge influx of guests came in for a conference and it threw some things off a bit, like when some of the pool snack bars were opened and it limiting their menu to only hamburgers, for example.

It's not cheap, but you do get what you pay for. This was my first all-inclusive experience and after hearing a few horror stories from friends I wasn't sure. But it was a great and relaxing week. We felt pampered by the wonderful, attentive staff at every turn, and it would be our pleasure to return again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Much better than I expected, surprised that other reviewers had negative experiences. We were a group of 4 male golfers and all agreed that the venue exceeded our expectation.
The choice and quality of the food was quite overwhelming and the level of service was as good as an English 5*****
The golf courses were world class and we are already planning next years trip

Room Tip: If you want imported drinks at no extra charge ie Gin, you must ask for a Gordon's etc,otherwise...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Ela Quality Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!