At this very moment I am a guest at the Adam & Eve Hotel. I was quite excited upon my arrival, because the place looked great. Unfortunately, the devil is in the details...
Admittedly, this is my first experience with an "all inclusive resort." I have always figured that these types of venues are average, mid-range establishments that make elaborate promises but fail to deliver. In such a place one must either accept a lower-middle standard of facility and amenities (with nice window-dressings but no real substance) or one must pay significant extra charges on top of your "all inclusive" rate to get something that approaches a 4-5 star level of quality. Against my better judgment I was lulled by the promise of this hotel being an exception to this archetype and by the litany of awards displayed prominently that seemed to support this exceptional status.
Adam and Eve proved that my initial suspicion correct in every way - all-inclusive resorts are a scam that are complete strangers to actual luxury, and this is no exception.
To be fair, this hotel is a very nice property, clean and with good facilities. However, their service is generally lacking and is well below the standards they advertise. A few observations:
1) They say they are "all inclusive," but literally everything costs extra and the prices are quite high. For instance, I wanted to iron my shirt before dinner, but I was (very rudely) told that they do not provide irons because "5 star hotels don’t give guests irons." You must use their pressing service, which is $10 per shirt. Similarly, their cafeteria-style restaurant is included in the price, but any of the restaurants that you might actually want to eat at charge separately. Same goes for alcohol, where the undrinkable rail liquor is included but anything with a brand name (even budget brands) come with a considerably high extra price tag.
2) Their English is poor. I understand that the resort is in Turkey, but any resort that markets itself as an international 5-star resort should have a staff that has at least a somewhat reasonable command of English. Here this is inconsistent at best.
3) Their staff is generally unhelpful. On arrival you are given the "direct number" of your "angel" that you can call any time. You can call it, but this does not mean anyone will answer. Usually you are automatically redirected to the general desk. Here you will find that (a) the person may or may not understand what you are saying, (b) the person is unlikely to actually be able to help you, and (c) the person is likely to be relatively rude. Moreover, when I asked to speak to a manager I was prohibited from doing so.
4) The internet is not really "included." Yes, you can get "Free Wi-Fi", but it is extremely slow and the connection is of poor quality. Moreover it doesn’t work if you close your blinds, because "the antennas are outside." Of course, you can get "high-speed internet" access that actually works like Wi-Fi is supposed to, for only 13 extra euros per day. Again, nickel and dime to death.
So, overall I would say that the facilities are nice enough (approximately on par with a 4-star hotel), but be aware that you will receive precisely what is described in the most literal sense. Anything that might be considered to be an amenity or that might be on par with a 4 or 5 star experience will cost you extra (and a lot extra). And service…don’t expect anything beyond the bare minimum that is required for the staff to provide the most basic version of the advertised services.
Nicely-designed hotel – Yes. All inclusive – No. Luxury – No.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Royal Adam & Eve Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adam & Eve Hotel Belek
- Adam And Eve Hotels
- Adam Eve Belek
- Royal Adam & Eve Hotels Belek, Turkey - Antalya Province