“Great Holiday - good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Kaya Belek

You added Hotel Riu Kaya Belek to your Saves list
Hotel Riu Kaya Belek
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Uckum Tepesi | Belek - Antalya, Belek 07506, Turkey   |
Ranked #19 of 78 Hotels in Belek
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Great Holiday - good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at the Riu Kaya Belek from 16th July for 14 nights, we had a brilliant holiday, met some nice people and enjoyed Belek. Overall the hotel is great with a good sized pool, plenty of staff, lots of activities and is very family friendly. The bar and entertainment staff really make the Kaya Belek, especially Muzzafer, Okan, Vatti (brilliant service) and Jedi & Blackberry (oh and the little lady in the tent making bread). Rida was on hand most days to check everything was ok; he is a genuine guy who wants to help you have a great holiday.

For the price tag (£3400) the room we stayed in was a bit tired (broken balcony door, thread bare carpet, bathroom) but this did not effect our enjoyment of the hotel. The restaurant is very good and the selection of food is excellent. The kitchen staff are friendly and helpful and everything is clean and hygenic. The only draw back is the lack of a queing or serving system which allows our eastern comrades to barge in or use their personalised tongs (or worse fingers) to reach over and grab what they can (at times, it is easy to believe the hotel management favour travellers from Russia, Ukraine and Kazakstan). By the end of the holiday we were fed up with the stress at meal times and went into Kadriye for a couple of meals. I've mentioned this to Rida and I'm sure they will improve the serving system.

The Thompson Rep Charlotte (Charly) was helpful and knowledgeable but was only on site for an hour each morning (except Sunday) due to other committments. The only major criticism I have of Thompson (not the rep) is the sickening price of the excursions. We paid £157 for 2 adults a 15 and a 10 year old to go on the Lazy Day boat trip... In town we found the same trip for less than half the price (with all food and drinks included). Thompson will tell you that you are not insured, blah, blah, blah but the trip company in town has Allianz insurance with full liability cover. I've also checked with my insurance company in the UK and it turns out there is no reason for the Thompson mark-up.

The Palazzo is next door to the Kaya Belek - it is a fabulous hotel but it is to close to the Kaya. When you are at the pool bar in the evening you can hear the bass noise from next door over the top of the entertainment. If you have young kids you may want to keep their eyes away from the scantily clad podium dancers!

I would consider returning to the Riu Kaya as it is a friendly place and we had a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We travelled as a group of 8 ranging from a 2 year old to and 85 year old. I am a regular to Riu hotels and in particular like Palaces but this hotel although not a Palace was fantastic with amazing facilities, great rooms, clean and excellent service. Lovely position on the beach and although no shops in walking distance there is a great shopping centre / bazaar area just a few miles away. Unfortunately bargains do no seem to be the thing in Turkey anymore - the replica goods were often more than the real thing back home even after a good barter!! I must agree that the Russian guests are very rude and push in - one even snatched a serving spoon out of my son's girlfriend's hand at dinner and another slapped her hand in the lift when she choose a floor the they didn't want!! But hey, this isn't the fault of the hotel - Germans used to be a pain and when I travel to the Caribbean I always find the Americans rude at bars etc. The waterpark area of the hotel needs to be used with care as there is only one lifeguard on duty and rules few and far between - a boy smashed into my father on one slide and hurt his back so although a great, fun area be aware of this. The spa area is incredible with a well equipped gym, Turkish bath area, saunas, steam rooms and lots of massage rooms and treatment rooms. Also if you use the free kayaks make sure you insist on a life jacket - we asked and were told 'no, it's ok' and had to insist on being provided with them. The food choice is excellent but the major let down at evening dining was the two sitting arrangement. Each sitting is only an hour and a quarter long and people flood in and swarm the food like animals just grabbing anything in sight - if you wait for the rush to die down you have only a very short time to eat. On the whole though a brilliant hotel and would recommend it to all, especially families. Oh, and before I forget - Rida - he has a great job wandering around the pool checking everyone is ok - and to be fair he does his job well and made us feel welcome and made sure we had everything we needed. One tip - take enough sun cream and nappies if you have a baby if you don't plan to leave the hotel - sun cream is £18 a bottle and nappies £20 a packet in the hotel shop!!!

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel whilst waiting for the hotel next door to open!! We booked direct through riu and had to stay here until the Palazzo opened its doors.
WOW! What a fab place to stay. The food was fantastic, always loads of choice and hot!!! The animation team are fantastic and they really made this a fun holiday.
Yes the hotel next door is on a different scale but it did lack the atmosphere of this fab hotel.
Thankyou Rida for all your help, we loved it here and missed the lack of riu animation next door.
will return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HotelRiuKayaBelek, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Riu Kaya Belek, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Guests,

We thank you for your kind attention you showed by sharing your time to write your holiday experience in Hotel RIU Kaya Belek.

We are happy that you were pleased with our services. We ensure you we shared your positive comments with our team.

We hope to see you back at Hotel RIU Kaya Belek.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any question or request for your next visits.

Yours faithfully,

Guest Relations Team
bkguest@kayatourism.com.tr
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Can I just say before I begin that I had a really good holiday with the great friends that we travelled with and also the great friends that we met whilst here and this is the only reason I had a good holiday. I have to come on Trip Advisor for the sake of any other British people going here in the future.
Having just returned from holiday on Friday from this shall we say mediocre , definitely not 5 star, not up there with the rest of Riu Hotels chains where do I begin!
I've been abroad many times and not once have I felt physically threatened by other hotel guests namely Russians and Albanians. Being called "British Scum!", whilst trying to calm down a situation whereby two young English girls where being totally terrorised and abused in the Lobby Bar just after midnight is totally unacceptable. Two days previously whilst having a drink in the pool bar whilst my husband was playing golf,a couple with their young child sat on my own bed which had my own personal towel on and beach bag etc, they refused to move off whereby I approached them , the woman refused point blank to move off ,her partner or whoever he was proceeded then to scream abuse in my face. I left him quickly to get guest relations and whilst I did this they splashed up water from the pool onto my daughters and my friends who were all terrified. Guest Relations quickly sorted this out but they continued to impose on our space around the pool all holiday for example pushing sunbeds right up to ours and swigging at 10.00 am out of a bottle of Jack Daniels. We reported all this to our Thomson Rep who can I say was a great help but alas she got no support from the management team at the reception desk.
The new Riu hotel next door finally opened our second week, the music was that loud it drowned out our evening entertainment which I can say was also poor.
Gala night was virtually non existent, unless the photographs we seen on trip advisor were fake. Balloons and lanterns in pool surrounded by tables I don't think so.
"Blackberry", one of the animation team charged the two poor girls we had got friendly with for playing bingo which I hasten to add didn't want to and did not.
I could go on and on, can I just say, I and the rest of my family feel that we will definitely not return to this hotel again and it has put us off returning to Belek due to there being nowhere to go of a night if you do not wish to put up with half decent singers wailing old school,tacky songs .
Rida the guest relations manager appeared nervous every time he approached myself or my friends and was not helpful at all as quoted in previous accounts probably aware of the growing problem of Russian rudeness and also anti British feeling around the hotel.

Room Tip: Family room doesn't have a separate bed only sofa bed
Romford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Travelled on 28th June for dads 70th birthday,15 of us altogether, ages from 3 to 70, something for everyone!! food and drink fab and plenty of it! rooms fab! pool fab! animation team very enthusiastic and hard working, service was second to none, Rida the manager mingled and chatted with guests he was very attentative, arranged for a birthday cake for my dads birthday he went above and beyond he even see us off when we left, a lovely memorable holiday. we are looking to book for next year!

Room Tip: all rooms were lovely, book pool view for best views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Vantaa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I don't know how to begin the review! I've never stayed in a hotel like this before! Surely the building itself is not out of the ordinary but the staff!!!!!! I've never felt so welcome anywhere during my vacations.

Our room was on 5th floor with a terrace with a view to the sea and pool. Very comfortable and we really enjoyed our room. BTW we arrived in the middle of the night, got our bags carried to our room and none of asking for tips by the person who brought our bags (I remember someone writing about a bad experience with bags and tips). We gave one anyway :)

We bounced into Rida the first day of our stay and he surely deserves all the appraisals given here! We had a problem with our terrace door, told about it to Rida and voila, problem solved :) He also goes around the hotel all day long making sure guests are happy and having a good time. When my husband was sick one day and I went to dinner alone, he jokingly told him the next day never to leave me alone again for I was lonely and sad. This wasn't true because Ali in the back of the main restaurant kept me company even it was pretty busy there. I really appreciated it that he came to talk to me during dinner.

The second day gave us even bigger surprise because we had an envelope at our door inviting us to celebrate my husbands birthday at the main restaurant. They had booked us a table, decorated it and had one of the staff making sure we had drinks and everything well all during dinner. They even had a cake for my husband!!!!! Best tasting cake I've ever had, btw :)

By this time, I couldn't believe this was real :) and it just got better and better!

I've never stayed in an all inclusive hotel, where you don't have to get your drinks from the bar! Here you could just lay in the beach chair and Fatih with rollerskates or the other two without would just magically appear and ask what you'd want. They even fill up big trays and circle around guests asking if there something you'd like even you didn't ask for anything :) Same goes in the pool restaurant! You just sit at the table and they'll bring you whatever you like. I'd really like to thank Umut, Okan, Esin and Cemali (and the young one who's name I cannot remember but to who was there when we had to say goodbye and go home) for being such lovely people and making our stay very very enjoyable!

The theme restaurants here are a la carte where you have fixed appetizers and then 3 main courses to choose from. We really liked the ottoman restaurant although the asian one was good too. I wish I'd remember the name of the person in charge of this restaurant for he surely took good care of us. Big thank you!!!!

And what about the cleanliness? I've never been to a hotel where the staff is constantly cleaning places up. Even the pool toilets were spotless all the time and mind you, people are going there wet and with sandy feet. Also the bars and restaurants were cleaned all the time. I was really surprised to see all this. Excellent job!!!!

The massage service was good too so thank you Ahmet for talking us into it and thank you Erhan for fixing my back!!!!!!!!

Even the photo service is a bit overprized I have to thank our photographer for taking the most beautiful pictures of me and my husband ever!!!!!!

and the best part for last! The Animation team! My goodness! I've seen several Riu Animation teams in the past for this was our fourth Riu hotel. The animation teams in general are nuts in a good way but Riu Kaya Belek is the clear winner! Every morning I was waiting that it became 10.00 when they launched Sunshine reggae and came to greet us at the pool. After that there was the Radio Kaya Belek announcing days program and after that the team dance Seve Allain for the first time. Both the songs are still ringing in my head non-stop and everytime it makes me smile! I would like to thank the whole team for such a great entertainment and genuinly caring about us guests! Thank you Blackberry for good laughs and discussions and great energy, Ibrahim for the same and arranging me to teach Zumba, Ange and Katja for keeping me fit and having great conversations and good smiles, Celal for hilarious moments (by the way, we named you test bouncer for the daily acrobatics and major jumps to the pool) and the Palazzo animation team for joining my Zumba classes and having a good time there! I will always remember you all and treasure the moments with you!

To conclude, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a great holiday! Will I ever return? Absolutely! So thank you Riu Kaya Belek, hope to see you soon again!

Room Tip: If you are a couple, try to get a room in the 5th floor facing the pool! You'd get a smaller roo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

First of all the staff was absolutely great, the food was lovely a lot to choose from. I highly recommend this hotel to every one and believe me u will not regret this experience. Please do't listen to people negative opinions as we were there as a British couple and had no problems mixing with others and if I wanted to go on holiday full of English I would go Blackpool right?.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

We hope to see you back at Hotel RIU Kaya Belek.

Yours faithfully,

Guest Relations Team
bkguest@kayatourism.com.tr

Been to Hotel Riu Kaya Belek? Share your experiences!