“Fabulour holiday for 6 year olds up to 80!” 5 of 5 stars

Papillon Ayscha
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ileribasi Mevkii, Belek 07500, Turkey   |
Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in Belek
London
“Fabulour holiday for 6 year olds up to 80!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

Just come back from a week's stay with my mum (aged nearly 80) and my daughter aged 6 and we all had a fabulous holiday. The Animation Team (entertainment team) and Mini Club reps were so accommodating and friendly they made our stay a fantastic one. So many things to do I never got the chance to tuck into a book, but did manage to try air rifle shooting, belly dancing and mad games by the pool!
Food was amazing, and variety immense.
Entertainment was truely spectacular - certainly beating the last West End Musical I had been to see (High School Musical).
The hotel and pools were all kept spotlessly cleaned (we saw them cleaning the pool everynight as we returned to our room after a night out at the Beach Disco or other entertainment (which went on until 2am).
However some may be concerned how laid back they were in the Mini Club - no signing kids in - very casual, but the staff were excellent.
Only downside was that 90% of the guests were either Russian or former soviet bloc countries. Nice if you want to get away from the English, but meant communication for my daughter was a little tricky.

• Liked — Clean and spacious. Good view
  • Disliked — Could have been brighter
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

We stayed at the papillon ayscha for 1 week in august 08. In our party there was myself , my husband an our three children aged 15,6 and 4 yrs. The weather was fab above 40dgrees everyday and hotter at night sometimes unbearable but ok. Well, as far as the hotel goes the staff were really nice and the animation and kids club were brilliant with the kids they were never bored. The slides in the pool were a good laugh too the kids were never off them an neither were we at that! The rooms and hotel grounds were spottless as were the pools. The alacarte resturants were the best we had been too and we have travelled exstensively around the world and these were really good even for the children. The big negative thing i have too say is that this place is full to the raftures of RUSSIANS! They are arragant and think they own the place. They push you around and treat you like dirt, the staff are even scared of them its terrible. We travelled to belek with first choice holidays and we were the second english family to go here so we didnt feel very welcome if you know what i mean. The only other bad thing is that there is nowere to go outside the hotel as your in the middle of nowere and the town of belek is a bad dirty hole town. So all in all, hotel was good but in the wrong location and the only people that go the are the RUSSIANS! so if you want a lonely holiday go there if you dont mind being isolated thats a good place to go,if not find another resort on the western side of turkey were the english are more welcome and more catered for. Young family from southampton,england.

• Liked — The pools and slides.
  • Disliked — The russain guests and the terrible location.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2008

Before I begin my ranting and raving, I have to emphasize
that Papillon Ayscha has an excellent staff, and some really
good people working for them.

However, this spot is NOT for Honeymooners.
It is also not a spot for people who want to experience Turkey
and a diverse diaspora of people.

We arrived on August 12, 2008 with very high expectations after going through several hundred hotels and deciding on Papillon Ayscha rather then going to Greece.

We just got married and expected a very romantic atmosphere.
Instead - upon arriving we noticed that there were children running everywhere (dont get me wrong - I love children, but this was my honeymoon for god's sake).
To make things worse, 90% of the clients were Russian.
Don't get me wrong, I love Russian people...and I personally speak russian....but frankly, if I wanted to go to Odessa I would do so in a heartbeat..and expect to meet a wonderful russian speaking staff and russian people.

So right of the bat we were hit with two surprises.
THIS IS A FAMILY PLACE.
THIS IS A RESORT WHERE RUSSIAN SPEAKING CUSTOMERS ARE A MAJORITY.
We had to swallow this surprise and go on, but on our second night we were disappointed again.
The resort has 4 Allacarte restaurants. One turkish, one japanese, one italian and one FISH restaurant.

Naturally we wanted to go for the Turkish.
Upon arriving we were relieved that there were not too many children. Soon thereafter, our table was covered with appetizers.
I am not picky on food, and I tried a few.
All of them were old (obviously from previous nights either from the main restaurant or from this one). They did not taste bad, but had a taste as if they came from the refrigerator.
The wallnuts they served in a separate dish were Stale.
I thought - not a big deal...we'll wait for the main course.
The main course was not good as well, and definately NOT fresh. We were dissapointed and complained to the manager of guest relations. Seemingly a very intelligent guy, he promised we will get a special dinner for compensation. I never heard back from the guy, and frankly I was very hesitant to try to allacarte restaurants again.

The regular restaurant is OK - if you dont mind eating with thousands of people at the same time, and watching people stuff their plates like they have NOT seen food in their life...ITS all good. The atmosphere was not romantic but it was OK.

We later finally decided to try the FISH restaurant...and were disappointed again. I have never before been at a fish restaurant and be served "mock crab, mock calamari, and mock shrimp" all in the same appetizer plate. I am sorry but the only REAL thing in the shrimp was the tail, that was cut out of live shrimp and placed in a soy-bean substance that immitated shrimp.

I would expect more from a five star all inclusive restaurant.
Especially considering the fact that Papillon tries to maintain a very high name for itself.

We had an OK honeymoon - it was quiet....and granted I didnt have people hitting on my wife...because the place was a FAMILY place. The experience however was not excting and not romantic..and what I am even more disappointed with is that management did not even make an effort to change our perception. NO follow up...and it looked like they cared more about their Russian customers then someone like me coming from New York....

Needless to say, I won't ever try any of the chains again.

I do not recommend this place for couples..and for people who are seeking something romantic.

If you are looking to stuff your face and lay motionless on the beach and watch some of the stupid children-based animation programs - you would enjoy Papillon a lot!

Regards!

• Liked — Quiet - family oriented
  • Disliked — Allacarte restaurants were horrible
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Papillon Ayscha? Share your experiences!