“Journey 2!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 77 Hotels in Belek
Amersham, United Kingdom
“Journey 2!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Returned from yet another great hol at Arcadia Golf. Rooms in block 4000 have been refurbished as promised by Jamie after last years visit. Lovely modern bathroom and modern decor. Massive room even a spare bed! Food lovely, plenty of choice once again. The entertainment team was changed from last year, in my opinion not as friendly but guess they have a change around to keep it fresh.Where was the foam party?? Returning guests do get a wristband. Unfortunately child prices as indicated by tour operator prevent us from returning for a 3rd/future visits.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

First of all if you are due to go on your holiday to this hotel you are in for a massive treat, its the best hotel I have ever been to, I felt that it was most important for me to leave a review as I used trip advisor for advice before I went to limak arcadia, and now I can totally understand why it is one of the top hotels in belek .The staff at this hotel work so so hard and yet they still are more than happy to help you and always give a smile or a hello (which is lovely). we travelled as a family of four with two children 12 and 13 and found that the room size was great, it consisted of 3 single beds and one sofa beds, we had bathrobes and slippers and some little freebies ie shampoo ,shower cap etc in the bathroom, and then on the last day I even found a mini sewing kit in the draw and these little things just put the icing on the cake to how they think of you and want to look after you so thank you for those little extras. Well now I will talk about the animation team , I don't know where to start , amazing amazing amazing, they were absolutely fantastic, the shows were just nothing like I have ever ever seen before, especially the white night, YOU MUST MUST take something white to wear for this night as the whole hotel practically were in white it was fantastic, I am not going to tell you everything about it as I would not want to spoil the surprise but please believe me it was brilliant and I don't just mean for the young I mean for all ages. I have to mention a few people too first of all my friend Tamuna, she was fantasic at her water aerobics class and made sure you worked off all those calories from the cake counter (which were out of this world and completely gorgeous) thank you tamuna and hope you are there again when we return, I will also mention the joker, he was so funny and shouted at everyone to get involved, memment for his jokes even though he seemed very serious he had us all laughing all the time and not to forget toto ,he is a legend and is loved by everyone(loved the chicken hat that he wore )) thank you to zeena for being such a brilliant dancer and aerobics teacher too and the lara croft act was fantasic rescuing toto (lady gaga ) at the pool. we didn't get chance to meet Jaime as we emailed him pervious to the holiday but just want to say a big thank you to everyone from the admin staff to the supermarket lady who was so friendly and helpful to the gardener's, to the maids to the security man to the bell boys to basically everyone at this hotel, you all deserve much credit and a very big thank you from me and my family. I also have to mention the food was always different and the different types of fish was amazing, I do not have any bad points at all for this hotel as I felt everything was perfect and basically just cannot wait to return , thank you limak arcadia IT WAS AMAZING

Cracow,Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The greatest asset o Limak Arcadia is its space. The area o 9000 sq. meters gives you the air of freedom to wander wherever you wish, either along the lanes of a eucalyptus and pine park, lovely palm and flowery gardens, the vast sports grounds, or along the beach, and… never in a crowd! The only places which are really packed are the pool zones, but if you avoid them you may enjoy privacy quite unexpected in such a big hotel.
Another striking feature is the cleanliness and proficiency in excellent organization of events.
It’s truly amazing how the staff manage to change e.g. the arrangement of different party settings in almost no time at all, leaving the “after disco” area immaculately clean.
The entertainment program is superb and professional, supervised by a Russian choreographer, Victor.
The animation team and sports activities are great and you can never be bored in Arkadia. The problem is rather reverse, how to stay strong enough to be able to participate in all attractive events.
The food is excellent, especially with regard to its variety; a much bigger than in other 5* hotels everyday choice of meat (lamb, veal, beef, poultry, fish), vegetarian cuisine, dishes for children, some seafood. Everything always fresh, clean and beautifully served! Very comfortable restaurant and bar areas. Again, no crowds, because of the huge space and choice of places to eat. The service always friendly and efficient!
I cannot comment on the drinks, as due to the almost constant (for two weeks!) temperature of ~40 degrees Celsius it was hardly possible to take in any alcohol…
As to accommodation, ours was OK. We had a top floor room, unfortunately rather small, but in the main building, with a nice balcony and a grand sea view. All the facilities were OK (comfortable bathroom with bath robes & slippers), the mini bar regularly checked and filled, air conditioning working well.
I don’t know about other buildings, but some of them have basement flats in the bushes, so you’d better check what you can get before booking and reserve what you want in advance (as we did).
In general, Arcadia is a highly recommendable hotel with excellent friendly service where you really get value for your money.

Room Tip: Reserve the room upon booking, either the main building or others but not "in the bushes'...
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We travelled in a group of 12 of us in 4 different rooms, ageing from 11 to 70 .It was our 1st time to this Hotel but 7th time to Turkey. In our room was me & hubby & 2 lads at 14 & 17 so was expecting a lovely large room for my £3500 holiday and this was the 24th June, (sorry its a bit late for the revue laptop broke)so not in school hols. 2 single beds put together in our room, a single bed & a pull out sofa bed in lounge, well when your lads are 6 footers that's like sleeping on camp beds. Anyway we asked for another room and said no way is this a family room so they showed us 1 up a spiral stairs and for the sake of a double bed, we stayed put. There was still no where for the boys to put there clothes.so they just lived out of their cases. Not what I pay that sort of money for!. Anyway as for the holiday the entertainment was brill, the shows on the grass, the white party & the retro party, they were the best we have ever had in all the years iv been abroad. The staff are very helpful & friendly although we did sit at mealtimes & wait a few times & not get a drink. Meerhat was are favourite serving us drinks long into the early hours. The La carte Italian & Chinese were very good. Didn't find the maids were very good. The rooms wasnt that clean & we had 2 sets of dirty towels( I wont say what was on them, but I did see the maids) I am not usually someone who likes to go & have a moan, but overall this is a lovely hotel the food is fine but I have had better, the cake place in the afternoon is LOVELY. We didn't know until the last day we could use the Atlantis, Its Sister hotel up the road. There was a few things I wasn't happy about (especially as my brother had the same room & paid £1200 less), There was loads of mozzy's in our room, I know you cant help it, but we got bitten to death. We kept killing them & the maid was leaving the door open & letting them back in,so we did speak to relations about this & they gave us a spray & spoke to the maid. But we did enjoy, would we come back
probably ?????????

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GRManager, Manager at Limak Arcadia Golf Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review and we are very happy that you had a great time here in Limak Arcadia. Regarding our rooms, if you are coming as a family as four we sell standard rooms and family rooms so if you have booked a standard room the normal set up is with a sofa bed and a camp bed for your children. In some rooms we do have extra standard beds but please read your travel brochure carefully so you know exactly what to expect because our rooms are limited in size. For our family rooms the first child will receive a normal bed and the second will usually sleep on a sofa bed, but we will try to help if your child is tall.

Your comments about our Housekeeping service have been noted and discussed with the relevant department heads. We really hope that you do decide to return in the future. If you do make a booking, please contact our Guest Relations department directly by emailing grarcadia@limakhotels.com so that we can discuss your room requirements.

Jamie Bedwell
LIMAK ARCADIA OPERATION MANAGER
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have been to turkey 7 times before and just have to say this is the best hotel we have had the pleasure of staying in.
Having read some of the reviews before hand of people's complaints RE; rudeness of Russians, bar staff ect, cleanliness of hotel, food available and so on, all I have to say is they must of been staying at a different hotel !!
When we arrived at the hotel we where greeted by the very friendly and professional reception staff who really couldn't do enough to help. The entertainment team where amazing ( and a special shout out to Mambo our favourite) a different show on every night, with an after party - our favourites where retro night, white night and the party on the pier !!
There was 6 of us all together 4 adults an 2 kids (age 12 & 13) and at times we didn't feel like we had kids with us as they where always off doing there own thing! They especially enjoyed there trip out to paint balling with Mambo.
On several other reviews I read about the amount of Russian that where at the hotel , which I didn't find to be the case at all ! Yes there was a lot of different nationalities, I would say mostly Dutch, but what lovely people they are, and if you did come across a rude Russian, well you have a mouth so use it!! They will only be rude if you allow it to happen, but as I previously said we did not come across any of this during our stay, and there was plenty of English there too.
The grounds of this hotel where immaculate and well maintained, with a lovely sandy beach and I would highly recommend hiring a sultan beach hut for the day along with your own personal waiter!! Champagne, ice cream, food, whatever drinks you want they bring
The food in the main restaurant was plenty with lots of choice, the 5 al a cart restaurants lovely too, there is food available all over this hotel All day, you certainly will not go hungry.
Overall I would say along with the friendliness of all staff, it was the entertainment that this hotel provides that made this holiday so special there is always something going on for everyone.

Thanks again arcadia for a fabulous holiday!! And we have booked again for next year, so see you next time guys !! X

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gillingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was our 2nd time staying at this hotel and we had another fantastic holiday. We travelled with our two children (age 10 & 13) and as we had been here before everything was more familiar with all of us. We emailed the hotel prior to our arrival requesting that we stayed in the 4000 block as this is where we stayed last year and loved the size of the rooms. We arrived around 11ish in the evening and was pleased to see that we had a room in this block again. We put our bags in our room and went straight down to meet friends we have met the previous for a drink. We found the staff in all areas to be very polite and happy and not once did we experience anymore being rude or miserable. I sometimes find that just by saying please and thank you goes a long way! We were a little unsure as how the animation team would be as the old team had been moved to Atlantis shortly after we booked. We found them to be friendly and worked extremely hard, putting on gr8 shows in the evening such as Michael Jackson, Mumma Mia, Gladiator and Lion King (which was our favourite). We also enjoyed Keep your Balance which was a very professional dance/acrobat group. We did miss the old animation team as we got to know them personally so did make a couple of trips to Atlantis to see them all. Anymore who is visiting this hotel for the 1st time will absolutely love everything, however for us there just seemed to be something missing and we felt this was largely to the change in the Animation team.

As for the food there is a lot of variety, however we did notice that this had changed slightly to the previous year. The food was stil of a high quality for an all inclusive but there didnt seem as much as choice or themed evenings like we had the previous year. My two kids loved MacArcadia on the beach front where they could get chips, nuggets, burgers, etc. The Lykia Snack bar was also gr8 for lunch as served chicken/pizzas, etc.

All the staff were extremely polite but we would like to make a personal thank you to Memet in the 24 hour bar who looked after us extremely well - He seemed to make the extra effort if he saw us and we felt we were truly looked after by him. Please ensure you pass on our personal thanks to him and he is a credit to your hotel.

I would personally recommend hiring one of the Sultan tents on the beach - we did this last year and again this year and we absolutely loved it. You truly feel special sitting in in one of the luxury tents for the day and being waited on. Well worth the money.

What really made our holiday was the large group of people we met last year who all returned again this year. There was about 50 of us in total and it was lovely to spend the time with them all again.

We didnt experience any problems but did notice that anyone who did only had to speak to reception/guest servicies and the problem was dealt with.

As we were returning guests we were given an Elite card which entitled us to discounts, eg 50% of in Ala carte restaurants on site. We decided to try the Chinese and would definately recommend it. We wished we had eaten there more often as the food was exceptional.

The one thing we did notice again this year was how clean the hotel grounds/restaurants/rooms, etc are kept. There was also someone coming around collecting dirty items from the pool areas. I would also like to thank the young cleaning lady who kept our room cleaned on a daily basis leaving us some lovely decorative items, such as a swan with beautiful flowers. Unfortunatley I did not take her name but we stayed in room 4209 so please pass our thanks on to her for us.

I would definately recommend this hotel to our friends/family who are thinking of going to Turkey in the future for a holiday.

Room Tip: For families with 2 adults and 2 children request a room in the 4000 block as very large and roomy...
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We travelled with our 13 year old daughter and loved every minute,didn't really want to leave.
The hotel is lovely and clean the grounds are so well kept.Before we went we read reviews on here and in a way was not looking forward to going ,people said that the staff were ignorant and rude.This was not the case all of the staff were pleasant, polite and helpful especially Mehmet in the lobby bar , he aims to please and he does this so well.
The pools are fantastic, with the slides and the waterfalls,sunbeds are not a problem either you could easily find a bed at most times of the day although if you like a certain spot you do need to get up early.The good thing is that if beds are reserved early and no one is at them by 10 am then your towels do get removed which i think is fair.
The animation team are such a great bunch the always make you laugh, they put on great shows at night in the ampitheatre, and always have time to sit down and have a chat with you and make sure that you are having a good time.Mehmet and Mambo are great lads these two deffinately make you feel welcome and make you laugh.
Some people have written in reviews that the russians are rude and arrogant we didnt encounter any of this everyone may not have spoken to us but they all gave you a smile in passing .
The only thing we were not pleased with was just how much chicken is served at meals , there are other choices but lots of chicken .
The white night , and Retro party nights are not to be missed, we have never been to a hotel that puts so much effort into entertaining their guests and we will deffinately be going back as this was the best holiday that we have ever had .
Well Done arcadia golf and thank you for providing us with a fantastic holiday

Room Tip: The rooms are a good size we booked a twin room for 3 people the third bed does take up a bit of...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Limak Arcadia Golf Resort? Share your experiences!