“Large Hotel by the beach, no Golf course” 4 of 5 stars

Rixos Premium Belek
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Ileribasi Mevkii, Belek 07500, Turkey   |
Ranked #30 of 80 Hotels in Belek
Hong Kong, China
“Large Hotel by the beach, no Golf course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Hotel Rixos, all inclusive, has a lot to offer: beach, pool, entertainment, disco, nice spa etc. It is a very large hotel wit very many eastern European guests. It is a good family hotel and the children have a lot of fun there. In the past we have stayed in the Villas with butler service. Very nice and quieter, now we stayed in a suite with a view over the ocean which also included loud music from the outside disco and/or stage entertainment. It was impossible to sleep with the window open but you could't keep it closed because the AC, even when we turned it down did not get the room cooler than 25°C! I have to add that for the first time we had critters in our room and in the bed!! The hall was never vacumed during our week long stay.
The food is OK, the main restaurant is buffet style. For the restaurants you need reservations. The food there is not superior but decent.
If you want to play golf- and that is very good in Belec- you must get a shuttle which can be arranged.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
RixosPremium, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Premium Belek, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Dear our guest,

we would like to thanks for your positive comments and suggestions to improve our service. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the villa and the main building. Our main building is closer to our activities and the villas are on the separate area. According to suits location we apologize for the noise. Our aircondition is central system but we can offer you our villas and the troy family suits which has their own split aircondition for your next visit. Cleaning of our general areas and the rooms are so important for us, we would like to apologize for not having met your expectations of room cleaning. I will share your comments with our department managers. While your accomodation you can 24 hours call our call center to inform all your requests or share with our Guest Relations Desk to improve our service. We would like to thank for your understanding and hope to welcome you again at Rixos Premium Belek.

Tuba Yolcu, tuba.yolcu@rixos.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Some words about Rixos Villas. It's our second visit of this hotel, and first to villa. It was a great experience. For family holiday it's one of the best places. Room service was outstanding. We strongly recommend it for the sea and quite vocation.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear our Guest,

We thank for your nice comments and happy that you liked our villas. we hope to welcome you again at our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further assistance.

nantwich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Three days into my holiday, I contracted gastroenteritis, I saw the hotel resident doctor, who assured me that's what it was. After a cocktail of medication, I flew home and two weeks later, I was still having trouble with my bowels !!!
After explaining to my doctor here what symptoms I was experiencing, I was diagnosed with having a Tape Worm inside me, nice !!!
This hotel is a beautiful place, but my experience says that a hotel that caters for 2000 people, is going to be hard pushed to stay on top of the food hygiene etc . I know you can get gastric problems anywhere, but it's made me think twice about going to such a big place in future. I went away for good rest, and came back feeling awful,good for the diet though !!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
RixosPremium, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Premium Belek, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Dear Julia,

we would like to thank for your warning about your illnes. First off we are so sad about your illness. The cleanliness and food and drinks healty is so important for us and every day our quality team is controling all outlets - food and drink processes and how the staff is using all metarials. According to your comments on Tripadvisor we checked with our Quality Department about the possibilities and doctor office reports. In those days we have no guest who visited our doctor office according to gastroenterits. As you have written we are serving to 2000 guest. This kind of illnesses able to be consist of food, drinks, water, or something that you touched and get the virus from oral way. This could be before your arrival or while your accomodation.

We always wish to send our guest with perfect experiences from Rixos to their homes and wish to have chance to serve you again at Rixos Premium Belek. Thanks again for your sharings and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance.

Tuba Yolcu
Guest Relations Manager
tuba.yolcu@rixos.com
Petersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

After having such a good holiday here last year, we decided to go back. We were slightly apprehensive having read a few bad reviews from British guests, but we were pleasantly surprised.
People had written that hardly any staff spoke English, absolute rubbish! Even the chambermaids and other cleaners had enough to have a limited conversation. The bar staff, the waiters and the front desk staff all spoke English fluently.
We never had a problem getting a drink in any of the bars, if anything we ended up refusing top-ups.
The hotel was spotlessly clean, even after a massive storm where the pool was covered with debris and leaves from nearby trees, after a massive effort the pool and surrounding areas looked as if nothing had happened.
We enjoyed the A la Carte Restaurants, especially the 1001 nights. We ate in most restaurants twice and never had a problem booking them.One tip is to get an early table so that the waiters are not as stressed.
We enjoyed eating in the fishbone restaurant at lunchtime as it was really tranquil there and the service was excellent.
The variety of food available in the main Mosaic restaurant was very good and seemed to cover all tastes. Still could not face soup for breakfast though but plenty of people did!
The evening entertainment was very good, as was the available sport on offer during the day.
One day, we went to the aqua park which was great fun, especially if you go after 3 so you will not not have to queue for rides.
All in all go there ready to enjoy your stay and I can guarantee that you will.
We will be back next year!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
RixosPremium, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Premium Belek, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Dear Mary,

We would like to thank you for your kind comments. We are proud to be at your service and hope to welcome you again at Rixos.

BIRMINGHAM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

For the last couple of years, we have been to the Cornelia De Luxe Hotel. We had already decided that we would try somewhere different this year and as it was a "special" birthday, we paid the extra and booked Rixos.

We had a day time flight and after landing, had a taxi to ourselves up to the hotel. The check in service was the smoothest I have ever experienced and a lady from Guest Relations personally showed us to our room, one of the Troy Houses overlooking the lake. It is a really nice spot, as it is extremely peaceful and only a minute or so from the main hotel. The room itself was spacious enough to accommodate a king size bed & a single bed for our 10 year old son & was spotlessly clean - thanks to our delightful maid Urku. My only niggle is that the room was quite stuffy and the air conditioning is woefully inadequate.

The Troy Houses have their own restaurant for breakfast and lunch. We did eat there at breakfast on a couple of occasions and although very nice, obviously it doesn't have the same variety as the buffet restaurant, so we tended to go to the Mosaic instead.

The luggage arrived promptly and we took the opportunity to explore the hotel. The place is massive and you think you are never going to find your way around. However, it really doesn't take long to get your bearings and there are loads of signposts, so you can't get lost. The grounds are beautiful and your initial thought is "Wow!". The hotel itself is also amazing, with it's own French shopping street. Window shopping only though as the prices are extortionate and it's probably the reason why I never actually saw anyone in them, e.g. an Armani vest 125 euros (for a newborn baby!).

The beach is great and covers a large area and the pool - well, it's the biggest I've ever seen, about 3 to 4 lengths long. My husband used the gym several times and was extremely impressed with it.

I can't comment on the kids club as my son doesn't really use them, but I had a look and it's really sweet. There's also stuff for older kids, X-box 360's, Kinect & Laser games. In addition, there's a rock climbing wall, an 8D cinematic room, a cinema, games room & bowling alley. We did go to the Waterpark. Someone had mentioned previously that it looked a little "tired" and I have to agree, although the slides were great fun. My son actually preferred the indoor pool though, with it's 3 adult sized slides.

You have quite a few options at lunch time, the food court which is great if you just want a quick self-service snack, the Mangal restaurant on the beach, where the food is surprisingly good & the Fishbone - our favorite. It's a really pretty little place in a tranquil setting. The main waitress there is great and although the only fish they serve is Sea Bass, the other options on the menu are tasty.

Thanks to Trip Advisor, we were aware of the "dreaded" booking system before we went. Do you know what, it really isn't that bad. At the end of the day, the hotel is just too big for Guest Relations staff to manually operate the booking system and ultimately, Rixos have made a decision to use booking booths - there's not a lot else you can do about it. We get up quite early anyway, so tended to get to the booking booths about five to eight, when we were generally the first there. After we'd booked the restaurants, we just carried straight on to breakfast. In total, we had 8 visits to the a la carte restaurants.

My definition of a la carte is fine dining and although the starters in all of the restaurants were excellent, the main meals were - in my opinion - more home cooking, although still nice.

I think the 1001 restaurant would be more suited to a lunch time restaurant as it is reminiscent of a barbecue at your neighbors and all a bit chaotic for my liking.

The Turkish restaurant was nice the first time we ate there. The second time, the service was extremely slow, although the waiter did have the grace to apologise. The French (my son's favourite) was also good and we had two visits there too. Again, the service was slightly slow on the second occasion and they ran out of wine glasses (at 8.30 p.m.!!)

The biggest disappointment was the Italian restaurant. Quite a few people have said that it was their favourite, so perhaps it was just a bad day but when we sat down with our menu, we had to wait over 30 minutes for anyone to even acknowledge our existence/ask if we were ready to order/ask if we wanted a drink. Trying to grab the waiters attention is nigh on impossible. 40 minutes later, we had our soup starter, but no bread. After asking if we could have some, we waited another 5 minutes for them to bring it to us. I know that doesn't sound long but it is when your soup is getting colder and colder.. The main meal arrived after an hour & 45 minutes. I had no cutlery and by the time they brought it, it was another five minutes before I could manage to eat it. We did manage to get a second glass of wine with our main meal, but as the sum total of the two glasses was about a quarter of a glass, they weren't exactly plying us with drinks while we waited. Very very poor service, we left before dessert as we wanted to get to bed before midnight! What is annoying is that certain tables had 2 or 3 waiters fussing around them, attending their every wish - lighting their cigars, getting them more drinks etc. etc. Perhaps us Brits just aren't assertive enough.

Again, the Fishbone was our favourite.

English are the minority here, but that doesn't bother us. All the staff spoke at least a basic amount of English, obviously some more fluent than others. There was never any language barrier and all the staff working in the bars were fantastic. Branded drinks are extra and at 52 euros for a measure of Glenfiddich whisky, a tad expensive!

All in all, we had a great holiday at Rixos. It really is a fantastic place. However, would we go again? If I'm being honest, I'm going to say we won't. The Cornelia - although 4 times smaller - is also fantastic. It has a much better all inclusive package and the a la carte restaurants are infinitely better. Also, at £1,300 less than what we paid for Rixos, it's much better value. If you're planning to go to Rixos though, you will have a wonderful time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear our Guest,

we would like to thanks for your comments on Tripadvisor. We will try to do our best to improve our service. Hope to see you again at Rixos soon.

twirley1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

My family and I have experienced yet another wonderful time at the Rixos Premier Belek. We originally stayed here in 2009 and our stay was perfect. I did not leave a review the first time round but I feel that I must leave a review on our 2nd trip.

We booked through Travel Republic which was perfect, and this included flights and transfer by private taxi to and from the Rixos.

As normal we were greeted by the hostess and the bell boys immediatley took care of our luggage.

Check in was smooth and efficient and we were taken to our upgraded room (no extra cost) by one of the Customer Service Representatives, who was kind and courteous, and provided plenty of information about the hotel and it's services.

The Troy rooms in which we were upgraded to, was clean, spacious and very ample for our needs. The bathroom is very (Troy like), and contains all your needs, shower gels, hair conditioner, shampoo, bathrobes and slippers. The room maid even provided my little girl a pair of slippers for her to use throughout her stay

Being in a Troy Room was nice as we were able to eat in the restaurant soley for Troy accomodants (breakfast and lunch).

The hotel has slightly changed since 2009, but not in bad way. The loungers on the beach for reservation (family beach), did not cause any problems and there are plenty of sunbeds for everyone. Towels are even placed on the sun beds.

The beach is immaculate and it was nice to see the Turtle Preservation cages for the baby turtle about to be hatched.

The piers on the beach were beautiful, secluded and peaceful. Nice to see the security and lifeguards on the piers in case of any unforseen accidents. The Security guards and lifeguards were very friendly and always spoke to us.

The swimming pools are a little cold but that is to be expected when you are in a 40 degree heat. The pools and pool area are exceptionally clean and are a pleasure to swim in.

Again around the pool area sun loungers were available even at 2pm.

The Restaurants in the Main Hotel are of the same high standard and food is plentiful, even for people with the most desired tastes.

We only ate in the Turkish Restaurant Al A Carte this year and can honestly say that the service was good, a little slow ( this was perhaps to the bad weather suffered on this day), but the standard of food provided was not as good as 2009. We were not out off by this as we could eat in the main restaurant and this was good for us as we have a small child, who was able to choose what she wanted to eat.

There is a food court close to the pool area for people who dont want to eat in the main restaurant at lunch time. The Food Court supplies salads, burgers, pasta, fruit, ice creams etc and is open from 12:00 - 16:00

I feel I must review the staff at the Bars / Rixy Club as I feel they made our stay most welcome.

Murat, Tuba, Mustafa, Sehim - Made the most wonderful cocktails for my little girl, and she has made so many good friends. Including Crazy at the Irish Bar and not to forget to mention Merve in the Rixos lounge, who remembered us from 2009.

The Rixy Club, are the best, and arrange plenty of activities for the children to keep their minds occupied. My daughter went horse riding for a small fee and throughly enjoyed the trip.

The Spa at the Rixos was the most beautiful experience I have endured, it was not expensive, and was throughly enjoyable. The Spa is extensive and there is plenty of therapies that can be done there (plenty are free of charge).

The Aqua Troy is out of this world and is free to Rixos stayers. The Dolpinarium is at an extra cost but is well worth the money and is very good.

I do have a couple of niggles though

1. Not enough Teaspoons at any meal time.

2. The old way of providing beach towels was better, When we had a card to collect towels in the morning, then had to return the towels at the end of each day. Doing this will stop people just putting towels on the sunloungers and then leaving them for the rest of the day.

All in all a brilliant time, and we will be booking up to go again next year.

3. A better way of Al A Carte booking is required. Rixos stayers will now what I mean (non Rixos Stayers please go to customer services to book Al A Cartes.

Room Tip: Depends what you want. Extra Quite - Troy Close to Food, Pool - Main Building
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear our Guest,

Greetings from Rixos. Thank you so much for your nice comments. We also shared your recomentations with our departmant managers. Your comments are so important for us.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any request. Hope to see you soon at Rixos.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

During August our family spent the most idyllic two weeks at the Rixos Premium Hotel, Belek.
From the moment we arrived to the minute we departed our every need was catered for at the highest level, a truly 5 star plus resort. The all inclusive food was simply amazing … whether we chose to eat at one of the eight high quality A La Carte restaurants or at the brilliant food court (open for longer hours) or at the sumptuous buffets in the main restaurant, not to mention the cream cakes and scones available every day every afternoon at the quaint French cafe. The individual restaurants were situated within beautiful settings overlooking the lakes or sea and at 9 every night we were treated to an illuminated fountain display which could be viewed from many of the restaurants. Every week an even more spectacular firework show was held on the lake.
As an all inclusive the value for money was beyond belief – the hotel served food and drink to the highest standards – we were drinking freshly squeezed orange juice by the gallon, drinks ad infinitum by the pool, food we were eating for the sake of it and we spent just £100 for four of us in two weeks only because we chose to do some water sports.
From the excellent quality of our rooms to the exquisite award winning spa and gym, huge swimming pool and the most helpful and friendly staff to the high quality night entertainment (fabulous shows in their own purpose built amphitheatre) my family and I could not fault this hotel at all. Our teenage kids had an absolute ball including the amazing late nite parties held on the Beach.
We have travelled to many places across the world, staying in other equally all inclusive resorts but this really surpassed them all – I shudder to think how much two weeks in an equivalent hotel in France or Italy would have cost for 4 adults. ...and the sun shone virtually every day with the only chore being to move the sun loungers round…
For any family, of any age the Rixos Premium comes highly recommended. We cannot understand how anyone could have written a negative report on Trip Advisor about this hotel just before left and how lucky we were to chose to completely ignore it….simply fabulous !

Room Tip: Rooms in the main hotel are closer to the restaurants and facilities although the resort is so well...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear our guest,

We would like to thanks for your kind comments and hope to welcome you at your second home Rixos Premium Belek. We are all at your service.

Tuba Yolcu, tuba.yolcu@rixos.com

Been to Rixos Premium Belek? Share your experiences!