Our holiday at the Paloma Grida Village is by far the best summer experience for the season! The complex turned out to be a fantastic place to spend a week or two!
It is a holiday village situated in a beautiful park with pine trees and perfectly arranged gardens. The territory is big but all the villas and facilities are situated in a way that it seems you never walk too long to reach any part of it. The hotel has a tower gate which definitely deserves a visit. Once you reach the top you would have wide view of the complex, the sea, neighboring hotels and golf courses. Entering the gate you find yourself in a real cobbled street with cafes, shops and a bar.
The main restaurant is spotless! The variety of dishes offered could in my opinion suit almost everybody. The staff and cooks seem to be real professionals! Every second or third night they organize a theme dinner – during our stay we enjoyed the Seafood, Chinese and Turkish nights all of them being delicious! But even on a regular day you can find everything you need – salads, vegetarian dishes, meat – grilled or cooked, pasta, junk food, dairy products, fresh fruit and astonishing desserts!!! The A-la-carte restaurants seemed to be really nice too, but we had no need to visit them…we were pretty satisfied with the main restaurant all day long.
Palomotion team is also great – a group of sunny happy people always ready to say hallo, to have a chat with you, to organize a pool game or some other village tournament to fill up the lazy hot afternoons. Special thanks to Sonar and Tolga – you were great!!
Night entertainment programme was always good, expected and visited by most of the occupants of the village. Kids at Paloma Grida are certainly blessed - the boys and girls at the kid clubs take really good care of them. The three pools are very clean and kept in perfect condition all the time – one main big pool which is full early in the morning, a noisy one with four waterslides, and a relax one which is also occupied and reserved well before 7am…However you can always find a sunbed and shade at the beach. The indoor pool and the spa complex are also very well designed and kept in perfect condition. Believe it or not - despite the heat outside, it was a great pleasure to take a Turkish bath.
Negatives. There are a couple of them worth mentioning. Just as we had read in previous reviews, the receptionists tried to trick us with the room. We had booked a standard double room but first they introduced us to a small economy room just above the main street and the Zomm bar, which turned out to be quite a noisy spot. However we did not put up with that and insisted on getting a real standard room far away from the noise. Our wish did not surprise the receptionist at all – they seemed used to that kind of complaints. The second room we were given was just perfect –spacious and quiet, in the middle of a banana-pine-forest. So be ready to argue for what you have booked!
The second and actually last negative feature of Paloma Grida is again something mentioned frequently in the reviews – the best sunbeds and sun-shades are all reserved before 7 am…and the rest are occupied before 8 am…So if you get up at 8 or 9 the only sunbeds you’ll get will be at the beach and surely not in the shades by the pool. I usually get up at 6.45 am on a weekday, and had to get up at 7 am throughout my holiday – not a problem for me, but surely an issue Paloma Grida should consider seriously. People are there on a vacation and not on an early-rise-get-a-shady-sunbed competition!
Paloma Grida village is a wonderful complex which I highly recommend. It is my 5th summer holiday in Turkey and this is the best destination visited so far. The hotel is especially suitable for families with children. Nevertheless, I spent a lovely week in the complex being there with my friend and no kids :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paloma Grida Village & Spa is in the middle of a natural wonder with over 100 bird species. Village owns sandy beach and palm shaded romantic gardens and offers spacious accommodations with balcony, five a la carte, one buffet service (total seven restaurants) and four bars that cater every taste and four outdoor, one heated indoor (total 5) swimming pools including water park and separate kids pool. Live music, live shows and disco club available for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Paloma Grida Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paloma Grida Village And Spa
- Paloma Grida Village Belek
- Paloma Grida Village Hotel Belek
- Grida Village Belek
- Paloma Grida Resort & Spa Belek, Turkey - Antalya Province