“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 78 Hotels in Belek
Reading, United Kingdom
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My family visited this hotel early August, 2 adults 2 children aged 5 & 8. Everyone had a fantastic time. The hotel is very clean and tidy. Great selection of food and lots of restaurants (some you do need to book). Loads for children to to which meant the adults got to do as little as they wanted . Would defiantly recommend this hotel you won't be disappointed. I have read a couple of recent negative reviews and I haven't got a clue what they are on about some people just love to moan.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

After first visiting Turkey in May earlier this year , we were really looking forward to our holiday at The Paloma Grida. Al the reviews seemed to be fantastic but in reality this could not be more far from the truth.

When we arrived we were told the room wasn't ready but it should be available in 15 minutes. Two hours later we were given the room key...and guess what...all the horror stories we had heard about the apartment blocks outside the complex were about to come true.

Bearing in mind we had asked for a family room to accomodate two adults and three children .The room had a double bed in one room and two bed sofa's in the other . A portable bed was dragged in for my son . It was dank , small and to make maters worse there was a distinct smell of raw sewerage coming through the air conditioning .

We immediately complained to reception and was told that these rooms were allocated to Thomas Cook and there was nothing they could do.....Utter Rubish !

On our first night we meet a lovely couple from the North East who had experienced the same problem but after much complaining they got moved. They told us to go to reception between 9-10am to speak to the manager.

The following day we got moved into a slightly bigger apartment situated inside the complex . But even the new room had problems . The air conditioning didn't work and there was an ants nest in the bathroom.

For fear of being moved back into the old room we just decided to put up with it and try enjoy the holiday.

The food was very good and at least the staff in the restaurants were pleasant enough which is more than can be said for the bar staff. Rude Rude Rude....once they realised you were British...you got served half measures of beer in plastic beakers which I think they must of borrowed from the local primary school . At the Bianca Bar there was only ever one member of staff on all the time which caused horrendous queues .

The pools were generally ok . However the toddler pool was closed for 24 hours because a smal child had an accident in it...this I can understand...but when the waterslide pool was closed not once but twice within a matter of days because of the presence of "human stool"..... you really have to ask yourself what an earth is going on.

Beach ok.

Entertainment was very average to say the least. We were there for 14 nights a d it that time we saw six so called professional acts. The rest of the time the Palomotion team tried there best to entertain but it wasn't that good....sorry guys.

General appearance. Old , worn in desperate need of a complete refurb . The wooden decking in the snack bar and the Biance bar had seen better days and as for the rooms....what can I say.

All in all it had it not been for the glorious weather it would of been a holiday from hell. We will certainly not be going back and would advise others to think carefully before you book.

Room Tip: If your told by reception your room is back out the entrance and turn left .....don't bother
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I haven't a Scooby where you lot were staying but can't have been The Grida. You all must of been in a drunken numbed state when you arrive and didn't see what we saw!

Arrived to be told we were in one of the 1980's run down blocks at the front....went in looked round and walked out in about 30 seconds.....the room stunk of damp.....they'd used Stevie Wonder to paint the room cos there was paint everywere except on the areas it should have been....mold all around the bath and to top it off they'd sqeezed 3 put down beds into a tiny living area, 2 of which were coverted couches with white sheets over the top.

Straight back to reception to inform them were'd paid for a duplex family room and asked to be moved....come back after 9.30 to see the night manager or in the morning was all we got back from the pre programed robot at the front desk.....find out the next day from the manager that Thomas Cook only have the rights to sell the front blocks as family rooms to the British and that this was becoming a real problem for them....(so Thomas cook to blame for the room cockup)..we did get moved but the duplexs are no great shakes....really bad finishing and decoration also...they all need gutting and refurbing.....plus a visit from Mr Cockroach after a couple of days was the icing on the cake.

Pool areas nice
Beach nice
Food good
Geared toward the Russians Germans Dutch and French who seemed to love it

Staff rude (except Emere the Porter, he should get promoted to the general manager)...to the point where if you asked for more than 1 drink you got a dirty look and a sigh..... I gave up saying please and thankyou by the 2nd week......this left a sour taste in my mouth and I could go on and on but I canr be bothered.....all ill leave you with is dont waste your hard earned money and go somewhere where they dont even acknowledge a please or thankyou......RUDE RUDE RUDE RUDE!! And thats the memory our family has taken away from this place

Room Tip: If they say out the front and turn left.....dont waste your foot steps.....asked to be moved!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel on the main was very good , food was good entertainment was OK lovely grounds and pools . when we got there the air con in our room was working just am not going to complain about the size of the room you only sleep there but when you cant get a good nights sleep because it to hot and you have 2 grumpy kids it takes the edge off your enjoyment and most of the rooms are like this !. We went for 2 weeks and am afraid to say that some of the pools where shut for 24 hours at a time because they found human stools in the water this is not the hotels fault but it is the first time i have experienced this . But a big thanks to all the hard working staff who do there best to make your hols enjoyable .

Room Tip: away from the zomm bar
Maidstone, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

After booking this hotel one year in advance and having paid alot of money to create a dream holiday for my 40th birthday celebrations with my husband and three children who are 10, 8 and 6, I had very high expectations of what was presented to me in the holiday brochure.
I feel Thomas Cook have a lot to blame with my review as they are misleading their customers.. When booking the hotel I was assured that I was paying for a duplex room which comprised of two storeys, two bathrooms and beds for the children,on arrival we were presented with an old room out the front of the hotel with two sofas with a duvet flung over it and a camp bed shoved in the corner, blocking the doorway and window.Also a very musky, urinal smell coming from the bedroom we were due to sleep in.I have taken pictures to show my travel agent. The tiny balcony with a chair length width to it overlooked a stairwell and the maids dumping ground for the dirty towels,not quite the vision I had of this perfect hotel I booked!
On my return to reception to voice my upset about the room I realised I wasn't the only one, two other couples in the same situation were in front of me,all having the same problem.The staff were very rude and and had no interest in helping us change rooms and even laughed at how much I paid for the holiday when I told them and shrugged there shoulders! We were told there was no one to help us that evening ( it was only 8pm) no manager on duty now I know that's a lie as the night manager always replies to comments on here even signing off as the night manager but they still told us to come back in the morning.So our first night was spent in that room and an overwhelming sense of sadness..
After contacting Thomas Cook myself in England the next morning they confirmed I had requested that room type on August the 2nd last year and the attitude of the hotel changed I got a better room not the duplex I had asked for as that wouldn't be ready for at least two days but at
this point I went with the room on offer as i'd had enough and just wanted to get on with my holiday.The point i'm raising here is Thomas Cook customers get the old rooms out the front we got told and the other nationalities get the lovely rooms within the village so double check your reservations before leaving the UK.
On a positive note the pools were lovely, surroundings clean and food was of a good variety.Beach and location I couldn't fault.
I would like to suggest that the Animation team as good as what they are and they work really hard to make everyone's holiday an enjoyable one,have more poolside activities for the kids.They have great games in the pool but everything is aimed at the adults and the older children would of loved to of got involved too.We raised this point to be told they had a teen lounge to go to with an Xbox but in all fairness I go on holiday to get the kids away from that sort of thing.
With the beachside location its a shame come the evening time there wasn't anywhere to enjoy the views and have a drink,the bar was shut and only opened again late evening for adults and by than most families had gone to bed...Many occasions I overheard people raising the same point...
The staff are quite clearly overworked in the pool bar by the main pool with normally only one person manning the bar at busy periods, which lead to them being moody when asking for your drinks...
The lifeguards were lovely they spent a lot of time walking round and having fun with the kids around the pool which was lovely to see.
The staff in the main eating area were approachable and helpful too.
My overall feeling on the Grida Village is miserable reception staff on arrival is a no no, your in a frontline position and should be able and willing to help people with problems at all times ITS YOUR JOB!!!
Bar staff by the pool if you can't be nice than again don't work in a hotel with 'PEOPLE ON HOLIDAY'
Zomm Bar staff SMILE sometimes! remember we have to look at you when we are trying to enjoy our evening drink!
Its obvious that other nationalities are more favoured...Perhaps because of the language barrier...
Paloma Grida Village and Spa please take my comments on board you have a lot to offer but areas of you hotel let you down and when we travel home these are the points we remember!.

Room Tip: Rooms within village, not outside main building.
Greenock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Absolutely loved this holiday village!
Everyone was so friendly,food was great, pools where fab, entertainment was outstanding.
the staff are so helpfull especially the bar man Onder Akilli, always remembered your face and name and your drink which gives a personal touch.he should be given a medal for the hours he puts in and always simles, we would see him working till 4am then back in at 10 the next morn still with a smile and making my boys their cocktails.
The foam pary was something else, 1 of the best nights we had!
the turkish al a carte restaurant was also outstanding.
we stayed for 10 nights and just couldnt fault it!
WE WILL BE BACK NEXT TIME AND MAKE SURE WE GET THE SWIM UP ROOM

Room Tip: just go and enjoy
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had great expectations for this Hotel as it was recommended by the Thomas Cook Agent personally and also the reviews on here seemed very positive. You cannot fault this Hotel for cleanliness in the public areas, all staff worked hard to clean and tidy all the time. The Pools were amazing, which made for a nice refershing dip from the boiling hot sun. They werent too cold which meant my son could play in the pool all day without getting cold. The food was lovely and there was a great range, the bar staff and waiters were very efficient and the lifeguards by the pool were also brilliant.
The areas we found dissapointing were, the room, we specifically asked the thomas cook agent to ask for a room with a view. This did not happen and our view ended up being another balcony from a 3 floor building opposite, it was terrible. The room was dated and the bathroom was grubby from being old and well used. The Air Conditioning was so noisy you couldn't leave it on at night, the mini bar was not restocked every day.
We did complain about the room however the alternative was no better and we just put up with the one we had. We highlighted the mini bar not being restocked on numerous occasions and it was done when we asked. We feel that for the money we paid to stay here the accomodation was very dissapointing, i don't think we will return.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the newer blocks in the hotel. Block 29 where we were was old and very poor, and cer...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Paloma Grida Village & Spa? Share your experiences!