“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Iskele Mevkii, Belek 07500, Turkey   |
Ranked #18 of 77 hotels in Belek
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel June 2011 would highly recommend this hotel food is really good mini bar in room and free safe staff can't do enough for you don't know why there are some bad reviews on here because it is a really lovely family holiday we could not fault anything here

• Stayed June 2013

848 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I thought Paloma Grida Village & Spa was very good and is one of the top hotels I've been to. The staff are very polite and friendly and sometimes the food is great. Yes the food can vary in the buffet restuartant as the chefs sometimes cook for too long but there is plenty of options available so you won't be overly dissapointed.

The staff in the Zoom Bar were very friendly and have great personalities! The beer was satisfactory and drinkable but I had better lagers in my time. I really like the location of the Zoom Bar and the concrete is a fanastic design. I like to honourably mention Onder for his good service in the Zoom Bar and there many others which I can't remember thier names!

The entertainment are a great bunch of hard working people and strive to provide the best entertainment for children and especially adults. However I didn't watch the entertainment shows as I spent most of my nights in the Zoom Bar as I prefer music and relaxation. There was a music performance on the night of 18th July and it was by far the worst I've ever heard. I ended up having a headache afterwards. But on a positive note I really enjoyed the two gentlemen on Sunday nights in the Zoom Bar and they are genuiely nice people.

I played football as part of the polomation activities at 4 pm as during the day it is too hot for me. There is a good range of activities for adults from beach volley ball, darts, fitness, football etc.. and if you love the sun I'm sure you will enjoy these diverse range of activities. I would also like to thank the team for their hard work and making it a memorable holiday.

I went to two Le Carte Restuartants, Lotus (Chinese) and Lake House. I found the Chinese excellent and I would recommend it highly. However the Lake House didn't reach my expectations as I felt the starters were too heavy. The steak was quite tough and was lighter than the starter!

On an ending note I thought it was a great holiday and I would recommend it to couples, family and friends. It is a very peaceful and nice location for a holiday.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AykulAcar, Manager at Paloma Grida Village & Spa, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Ian,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review and your high recommendation of Paloma Grida village and spa. We truly value our guests and we love it when we they leave with such a positive impression .
We appreciate your comments and feedback, and we will surely share kind words about staff with them.

We looking forward to see you again.

Durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

The room we were given on arrival was awful. Very small and pokey and had lots of moths lurking around. Complained next morning and got moved no problem into a much better room. The shower wasnt that good though. The hotel and surroundings extra clean. Couldnt fault the pools. Food very nice and loads of choice but quite repetetive. Hotel entertainment mainly good, african acrobats outstanding. Overall an enjoyable and relaxed holiday. Personally i would not return as i like to try different places.

• Stayed July 2013
AykulAcar, Manager at Paloma Grida Village & Spa, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Simon,

Thank you for the nice review. We are glad that overall you enjoyed your holiday in Paloma Grida village and spa. Thank you for the compliments on our pools, staff, food and entertainment activities. I am also glad to hear that you sort it out the inconvenience you had about the room right away.

I understand the idea of trying different places and I respect such preference. If you ever change your mind about returning to Paloma Grida village and spa, you will always welcome

Southam, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

this has been the best the holiday i have been on. the staff are very friendly and the food is great is great. the spa is is great and the entertainment is fantastic. I will be coming back next year......... thank you to all the staff for making this a reallt good holiday. :)

Room Tip: near the pool is the best room. it pays to upgrade.
Epsom, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have had two holidays here - 2008 & June 2013. Both times I had problems with the location of the rooms - I had booked both holidays very early and because we were a large group both times, I requested that the rooms be close to each other & at least 2 rooms ground floor. Upon arrival both times, the rooms allocated to us were nothing like we wanted - (2 rooms outside the main complex & 2 others way down the other end!) I know they cannot guarantee specific rooms but having paid a lot of money & booking early, I had hoped these requests would be considered. However, having been really upset by this, the reception staff did eventually get us all fairly close together so my thanks to them for their cooperation. My only other negative comments would be - not enough seating in the "Street" for the evening entertainment - please put some tables & chairs out in the reception area when its busy. And, although we had young children with us on both holidays, we kept control of them after 10pm, so adults could enjoy their late evening entertainment. If only other people would have done the same! The children have so much entertainment all day long, I think it would be helpful if management did not allow them into the bar areas after 10pm so adult only groups could relax. On a positive note though, we have now booked again for next year and hope the rooms problem does not happen again - and I must congratulate the entertainment team for their fantastic shows each evening in the theatre and their friendliness in the "Street" afterwards. Special thanks - and love from Kaitlyn - goes to Amelie (Paloma entertainer) who is a credit to the team at Grida Village. We hope to see her there next year.

Room Tip: We had rooms in House 33 and were perfectly satisfied, although a little bit of a walk down to pools...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Patricia,

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Paloma Grida village and spa.
I am very pleased to see that you liked the hotel but I am of course sorry for some minor inconveniences you experienced. Unfortunately we cant guarantee any room location request however I can assure you that we are definately doing our best to carry through our guest requests. I also would like to thank you for your suggestions, we already increased number of tables and chairs in the Zomm bar including Lobby area. As a family friendly hotel 3/1 percent of the hotel population is kid and adult supervision required everywhere in the hotel all times.

We pride ourselves on our great staff and as a member of this team we know that Amelie is definately an asset. We will pass on your compliments to our staff and managment.

Thanks again for your lovely feedback and We can't wait to welcome you back.
Please do never hesitate to contact me from aykul.acar@palomagrida.com if you have any request about your next visit.

Leeds, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We visited the hotel for 10 days at the end of June with my 2and 5 year old. Weather was fab (hardly a cloud in the sky). We returned as the facilities for kids are great - numerous pool/slides and a lovely playground with rides that are on at certain times of the day. My eldest daughter attended both the English Thomas Cook kids club and the hotels own kids club. Charlie, Megan and Lauren in the TC club were fab, and on the sat and weds PM when it was shut, my daughter went to the hotel own club. Gokhan and his team work really hard, and it's amazing all the languages they could speak! They were happy for me to stay for a few sessions with my 2 year old, so she didn't miss out on the fun!

The main restaurant had a good choice of food including fab freshly grilled meats/fish. At lunch we went to the smaller restaurant which also had a smaller but equally as tasty selection. Make sure you try the Turkish a la carte and seafood restaurant, with its great views. They were free, but you have to book at 9am the previous morning. There is a kids restaurant that opens slightly earlier so you can feed the kids too. Zoom bar is great for delicious cakes and a chance to cool down with the air conditioning.

The staff work tirelessly to keep the place clean, and the palomation team ensure that everyone is entertained. Make sure you go to the mojito party and watch some of the shows like night at the museum and the Kenyan acrobats.

The only fault is the reserving sun loungers. We visited last may, and this didn't really happen. It's annoying when people reserve loungers in prime spots, then don't turn up until the afternoon.

I'm already looking to book next year, when the rooms become available.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We pride ourselves on our staff, they work very hard to ensure that all of guest's experiences are above their expectations. We are thrilled to know that you had a great holiday and already looking to book for next year.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. Looking forward to see you again.

Brussels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Let's start with a simple fact: all inclusive resorts have also the other face of the coin; and it's not exactly exciting. I'll come back to this point later. The resort lies on a beautiful piece of land, the nature is rich with pine trees, palms, and other Mediterranean plants. The grass is nice, well manteined, and there is a lot of space, so the overall village is very airy. The hotel space ranges to reach the beach that is beautiful and sandy. Rooms are scattered around the complex, and are clustered into small blocks of a few rooms over two floors. There are three beautiful pools, large and of nice shape, very clean, and pleasant. Now the drawbacks: First, there is a practice where people put towels on the lounge decks, so at 9 am will be hard to find 4 free adjacent beds (if you are a family with two kids, for example, like us) in the pool area or in the garden area, while there is still space on the beach. The rooms are OK, with working airconditioning, silent refrigerator and satellite TV. But, they are not new, especially in the bathroom signs of time are clearly visible. Pillow and mattresses are bad, simply not at a European standard of a 5 star, neither 4 star hotel. At our arrival, we were assigned a room that proved difficult to reach, quite far from the pool/restaurants/beach area, and with many stairs to do be reached. It was also quite smelly of humidity. We asked for another room and the staff provided a better one. In general, staff is helpful, but not more. They do not show, with some exceptions, enthusiasm for their customers. But hey!.... here, they have a point: many people spending holidays in the resort just do not care: the most visible sign is those plates full of food that their hungry owners will obviously never finish, leaving their tables into a messy dirty state, and with enormous waste of food. This is true for any kind of food, from cheese, to fruit, to bread, to pancakes and so on. The level of unnecessary waste is enormous and very disturbing, as a large majority of customers are inconscious of the food waste thay they cause. Many do not care of other simple rules, like being respectous of service staff; or leaving waste, empty plates and glasses just where they can, instead of properly disposing of it at the designated points. I do not want to insist on this point, but clearly more educated public would make life more peasant to everybody. Overall, an alsmost top location with some remarkable negative points, some of those maybe inavitable into the "all inclusive" resorts.

Room Tip: Go to your room as soon as you get the room key, inspect it and immediately ask a change if you are...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
aykacr, Manager at Paloma Grida Village & Spa, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Mr. Mario,

Thank you for the detailed and fair review. We are glad that you enjoyed your overall experience with us.Thank you for the compliments on the pools, hotel layout, vegetation and the beach.
I can understand Pool and beach sun lounger reservations may sound downside but trust me if you live in a holiday village with almost 1200 people, unfortunately its inevitable. It works as first come first serve basis and we have more than enough sun loungers and shades in the area unless everyone want the same spot of course. Same rule apply for the room location since some rooms located by the pool and some are by the tennis courts and changing it is subject to availability. I am happy to hear that you found our staff helpful and we are working on getting better.

Thanks again for your constructive feedback. We are looking forward to see you back.

Night Manager

Been to Paloma Grida Village & Spa? Share your experiences!