“Only positive impressions” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka Oblast', Ukraine
“Only positive impressions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel end of April with our two daughters aged almost 4 years and 10 months. All of us enjoyed the time there. The hotel, the location, the staff and the atmosphere of friendliness and respect contributed to our purely positive impressions. Special thanks to mini club staff for their creative ideas and ability to get on with any kid! Each hotel employee: waiter, cleaner, reception desk attendant, bellboy have always been helpful and polite. They all try so hard to make their guests happy! Indoor pool, sports area, spa and children playground are just great! We were pleasantly surprized when the playground areas for children got covered with tents after a particularly sunny day! Our baby daughter receivef a special baby bath to the hotel room without an extra charge or any request from our side, since it is quite complicated to wash a baby in a shower. My husband was happy to celebrate his birthday while staying at the hotel (special thanks to guest relations staff and mega restaurant team)! There are only a couple of things that could be improved in my opinion:
1. Children playrooms at the mini club could be washed more often and thoroughly.
2. The food in the kids restaurant could be more healthy and the dishes there could be more clean. Within 2 weeks of our stay my children ate the same boiled vegetables and meat for lunch and dinner having practically no other healthy and non-spicy alternative.
Otherwise everything was next to perfect, and we would like to come back to this hotel next year.

• Stayed April 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have travelled to Club Megasaray for 11 days at the beginning of September, together with my spouse and little son (1 and a half years old) and also with a group of friends (with kids). I must say that I was the one who suggested this hotel, but for me it was third place on the list. However, democracy applied and this hotel got most of the votes, so here we are.

The check-in went smoothly (we arrived early, so we had to wait almost one hour, but we spent our time getting around). Finally we got a room at the ground floor, on the F sector, which was actually great, as F, G, H sectors are the most quiet ones in the night. We weren't given any "all inclusive" bracelets, as the club operates only in this way.

The Hotel:
There is a main building, where the reception is, and then many small 1 or 2-floored blocks spread throughout the complex. The architecture is not really on my taste, but it is actually interested, as it combines modern with old turkish palace styles (that's saray in turkish). The gardens are exceptionally well maintained, as well as the buildings themselves. The complex is very well thought, so you can get quite fast from one side to the other.
On the practical side, there are several shops in the complex, and a hair styling studio.

The Rooms:
Our room was quite big compared to last year's room (see my other reviews) (btw. all rooms have also a couch), however the furniture seemed a bit outdated. The bathroom had a shower cabin and every other useful thing you could think of that fits in. I liked very much that the toilet had an incorporated bidet (not electronic as in Japan, but still; I wonder when are the westerners going to mass adopt it?). We had a balcony, safe, etc. We did not use at all the air conditioning, even though we had days with 40 degrees, as the room was faced north, shadowed also by trees, and, as already mentioned, on ground floor. That's why I think it was the perfect room.
Our friends got however the jacuzzi suites, which are very nice and spacious, you also have a gorgeous view over the club and the sea, but: you must use air conditioning and are in a noisy area.

Restaurants & Bars:
As in every "all inclusive" you can eat and drink as much as you like or can. There is always a good amount of choices for all the tastes, though we found the food a bit fried-oriented. There is a main restaurant, a beach-side restaurant open only for lunch and 5 other "à-la-carte" restaurants which need reservation (you can make up to 2 reservations per room per week, but you can make a reservation for as many persons as you want). We tried: grill restaurant (3 times), italian restaurant and fish restaurant. The grill restaurant has an interesting concept: you have grills next to your table so you prepare the food on your own. It's kind of cool, and I must say, try the lamb! It's fabulous! Among other restaurants, the italian was better than the fish restaurant.
There are several bars, in the lobby, next to the pools, on the beach, next to the main restaurant, a coffee / tea house, a cake house and several other food corners, where you can get a fair amount of snacks (turkish specific bakery, kebap, potatoes in oven, donuts, waffles, ice-cream, etc.).

Pools&Beach:
The beach is perhaps the only thing which is not at its best, because it has a mixture of pebbles and sand. However, the sun shades are great, not small umbrellas, but big covers. The place is not good at all for snorkeling, as there are only some small fish under the pontoon, but that's all.
The club has 5 pools (including the kids one), for every taste. The activity pool is the best one, you have there also 3 toboggans. I have to mention also the relaxation pool, where you are not allowed with kids and where you are also advised to keep quiet. It's especially targeted at the guests who want a relaxed holiday.
One thing that struck me was the pool maintenance. Each night you could see employees cleaning the pools and taking water samples. After a while they wrote down on a board for everybody to see the findings of the measurements, for every pool.

Spas&Activities:
My wife took some massage and treatement packages and she was very happy with them. Besides that, we haven't been to the spas, but they seemed quite nice.
On the beach there is a wide variety of water sports.
You may also rent lots of games to play at a game center.
Also, each day they organize sport tournaments. At 11 and 15 o'clock they have water gymnastics at the activity pool. I shouldn't forget the many tennis courts they have.

Kids Friendliness:
There are lots of amenities for families with kids: I'll start with the kids corner in the main restaurant, where I have seen that they also have food heaters and blenders for very young children. In every restaurant you have baby chairs.
The Mickey Mouse club is fantastic: it has a pool divided in 2 (for small kids and for very small kids) with a small water park, all kinds of toys, a good activity park with swings, tobbogans, stairs, ropes, etc. It's also nice that there is dedicated staff taking care of the kids (over 3 years old). But they are very pleasant and active, and they behave very nice to the children.
I shouldn't forget about the mini-disco which takes place every evening.

Entertainment:
This is where this hotel scores most of the votes.
They have a super-animation team. Friendly, always smiling, very approachable and talented. Each evening they put up a show (they have a little amphiteater where they perform) of really good quality. Be sure not to miss the Michael Jackson and Lord of the Dance nights!!! They also have evening when other performers are invited: for instance we have seen a beautiful show on the Korean night. The team's manager is extremely funny, especially because he keeps saying "Oh my God!" every now and then.
Also, each night they organize a different event: beach party, open-air disco, live music, etc.

Surroundings:
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, but just in front of the main gate there is a taxi station.
They advertise everywhere the nearby town of Kadriye. Unless you want to do shopping and bargain, it's nothing to see over there. We went especially for buying lokum and we discovered that the taxi leaves you in front of a store. The store owner will call the taxi back to pick you up, but for that you have to enter his store. Nonetheless, the people are very friendly and one shouldn't worry at all. Regarding currency, we had turkish lira, but you can pay everywhere with euros and dollars.

Other:
We had a problem with our safe box, as it was locked. They promptly sent somebody to solve the problem.
One thing regarding the staff: as most of the guests are russian and german, they know very poor english. However, they are extremely kind and willing to help at any time.
The hotel has a doctor cabinet. Unfortunately, one of the kids from our group got sick and they took him to the doctor. Weird enough, the doctors over there had no clue of English, nor other widely used language.

Bottom-line:
For us it was a great holiday. I have spent quality time together with my family, as we did not have to worry about anything besides having fun and relaxing. Will we return here? If coming again to Antalya, definitely yes!

So...
...if you are going in a group of friends and want just to relax, that's the place for you.
...if you are a couple and looking for a quiet, stylish holiday, that's the place for you.
...if you are a family with kids, that's definitely the place for you!

Room Tip: If you want quiet rooms, then sections F, G, H are for you (may also be others).
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Turckheim, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We spent a week here in August and were pleasantly surprised! We've been going to the region for over a decade and have seen most of the major chains there (titanic, miracle, rixos), we got an excellent price here and to be honest I thought there would be a catch -- not at all, the hotel was immaculate, the staff very nice and the food fantastic. The best part is they were at full capacity when we were there but you couldn't even tell, it is well spaced out and we never had any lines, problems getting a table or seating, or even the lack of poolside lounges you have at other hotels. All in all a wonderful time.

As someone else mentioned the coffee was so-so, but the delicious restaurants made up for it. Only thing , if you want a restaurant other than the main one (they have fish, asian, Italian, Turkish and a BBQ place) book when you first get thee to ensure a reservation (seating is limited), but otherwise the main restaurant was wonderful and they had plenty of choices including sushi night, BBQ etc.

Definitely recommend mega saray for families.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bologna, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I will start with good points: this hotel is clean and animation team is really good at what they are doing. Swimming pools are nice and the hotel is right size and has quite nice entertainment for travelers with kids, even special restaurant for kids with cartoons on.
We thought food was really good and tasty and fresh, but the last day one of us got sick... We tried the main buffet and Italian a la carte - nothing Italian there, but the service in the Italian was the best in the hotel.
Otherwise, the service is not really good there - reception is simply RUDE. Main buffet restaurant's and bars' staff does not speak English (majority of guests are Russians there and the staff would not even care to remember 10 people that are not!!!!).
They say they are 5 stars and they are oriented to kids, family holiday. HOWEVER, baby chairs are few and dirty and you have to get them yourself; in the morning you go for breakfast, there are no coffee cups on the tables and waiters would not bring you coffee, you have to get cups and coffee/tea your self. Well, imagine all the guests doing this with average 2 small kids screaming at the tables.... Lunch, dinner, there is no system for drinks - either 10 waiters come to ask what do you want to drink or nobody. They are just non-stop collecting dirty plates, even when you still eat and they insist on speaking Russian to you. I speak Russian, but my family does not, so it was quite confusing for them to explain EVERY time every day that they do not speak Russian. Again, IF they get you drinks and they forget smth or do mistake, you ask to change or bring a straw for a kid or a drink with no ice. THEY DO FACES! Also, there is no service at the pools or on the beach, you have to go for water. The sunbeds, umbrellas and towels are old and poor looking and not comfortable. Umbrellas also were stolen from us each time we were going to swim by other tourists....
So, overall, I have really seen better 3 star hotels...
We chose this hotel for good reviews from people who travel with children, they said it is really good with small kids... but not really. We have been to Amara hotel in Kemer before and it was by far better in everything.
Finally, the last day story. We had our flight back at 6 pm. So, we had to leave hotel at 3 pm. We asked for late check-out before booking this hotel through the agent. They said: this hotel is very understanding for children they do late check-out without any payment (we were ready to pay as well). Kids have to sleep after lunch, where do you put them to sleep at 40C outside???? Upon arrival, I went to reception to clarify this. They told me they could not help me I had to come on the day of departure at 8 am to get the late check-out. So, I came at 8 am on the departure, they told me to come at 9 am, because the shift had not changed yet!!!! Do they use computers there for booking???!!! Anyway, I came at 9, they told me it is not possible to do late check-out! But they were rude, really telling me stories that it is like this in all the world.... but I have been to half of the world and I really know how 5 star hotels manage their guests' situations.... Eventually they said 1.30 am (which did not help, because kids did not eat and they could not sleep and wake up at this time). Anyway, at 12 the reception started calling me in the room and telling (in Russian, of course, although all the previous talking was in English) that we had to leave the room according to 'normal rules'!!!! Again, computers??? When I said that they left us the room until 1.30, he checked and said 'It's ok'. Here, I already lost my patience and decided to tell this story here.... because parents with kids can imagine how 'wonderful' we had our flight back with tired kids that did not sleep.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Harsefeld
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed together with 4 friends 7 days in this nice hotel complex to recreate and to improve our tennis abilties for the summer season. A large but quiet hotel with well trained friendly staff and excellent food around the clock. 16 good tennis courts, a qualified animation team and clean and well furbished rooms made our stay a perfect holiday.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the upper levels.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

At this Hotel All-Inclusive really means All-Inclusive. Compared with other Hotels I have used, here there are no "second class" Guests who have to carry money with them. The room minibar is free, the weight room is free, the sauna is free. The Wlan is Free. You do not feel obliged to tip all the time.
The staff is friendly and you can joke with them.
This is basically a "mainly German Hotel" which means a very cultivated and civilised environment.
The only reason not to come here is the Coffee. The Coffee is awful.
Airport caution: There are two international terminals at the very small Antalya airport! Terminal1 and Terminal2. Make sure you return to the correct terminal, they are 4 KM apart.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Velingrad, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

To our regret, we were only a week in the hotel, from 13-06-2011 to 20.06 in 2011, but we wanted more. Everything in the hotel was extremely high. The staff was great. All were smiling and so positive and very high service level. If you need to appreciate the animation team, then I dare say that there is such a high number with which to assess them because they are unique. All these people made our stay unforgettable, but the show of Madonna and Madonna herself would envy. Unique dancers, actors, acrobats and personalities. I have no words to describe them. We are sure that this is the best animation team unbeatable. Many congratulations to them all. You are great !!!!! Hygiene is a very high level, a la carte restaurants are great. We recommend your grill and barbecue, fish and Turkish. Waiters, bartenders, chefs, managers and all without exception are amazing at this hotel. Nothing was missing from us all this time. The food was very, very tasty and with great variety.
We wish you all to stay the best !!!!!!!! There is only one drawback and that is that Wireless is missing in many places, but where there is very weak.
Greetings and kisses from Bulgaria: Maria, Krаsi and Anna-Maria.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Club Mega Saray? Share your experiences!