“Going to be in the top 10 within a year !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Kaya Palazzo

You added Hotel Riu Kaya Palazzo to your Saves list
Hotel Riu Kaya Palazzo
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Uckum Tepesi, Belek, Turkey (Formerly Riu Kaya Palazzo Golf Resort)   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
EARLY BIRD 2016 DEALS
Ranked #9 of 81 Hotels in Belek
“Going to be in the top 10 within a year !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I would like to mention everybody but the review would go on for ever ! This hotel was improving everyday and within one year this will be in the top ten hotels of the Turkish riviera ! I would like to thank ALIHAN and CHERISE for making our children's holiday, not only during the day but also in the evenings ! Always making sure they where fully enjoying there holiday ! Thankyou you are a great asset to the hotel ! Also many thanks to the bar staff and waiters to many to mention but you will not be disappointed ! These guys and girls work very hard, I found if you treat them with respect and politeness nothing is to much to make your holiday first class !

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bolton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had a fantastic holiday at the Riu Kaya Palazzo, Belek in August.

From the greeting in the middle of the night to the entrance into the hotel and suites – it has the Wow factor for us.

The sea view suites were enormous but there were only two of us in each one but great to have all that space and facilities.

The pool areas were fantastic, I am not sure how the hotel kept up with the abundance of free towels for guest use given the hotel looked full during our stay for use at the sunbeds at the pool area, beach and pier. It is worth noting, I did get up at 7am while the hotel was busy to reserve sunbeds and umbrella – tip during our stay the towel person did remove towels on empty beds thinking people had finished with them so we always left personal belongings on the beds (book, magazine etc).

We used the waterpark which is great but some slides are very fast and the tubes are dark and have lights that come on inside. A couple of times we exited the tube slide having coming out of the boat – great fun, just be careful.

We found the staff extremely friendly across the hotel and in our experience a number of them were very good at English in the restaurant, bars and reception as well as the entertainment team. Also, the staff serving drinks on roller skates or by trolley at the sunbeds round the pool were always polite and friendly.

During our stay we saw improvements in pool games for children/adults and I have posited some pictures for all to see – they looked fun. In addition, there are loads of activities the entertainment team put on during the day which you can join in or not to suit.

We only ventured for breakfast on a small number of occasions during the two weeks due to late evenings every night but it was great and lots of choice to suit all tastes.

The main restaurant had a large choice of different foods for a wide range of tastes – we tended to be late going and on a couple of occasions missed the fresh food we wanted due to our timing. There were a couple of times the food was not as warm as we expected so something for the hotel to consider and improve on. The fresh fish was very good. You do have the choice to wait while fresh food is cooked. On one occasion in my view a piece of chicken was undercooked – again the hotel just needs to balance the cooking fresh food for guests and ensuring things are cooked and then remain hot. A minor point for me to be honest.

We used the Italian A La Carte on a couple of occasions and really enjoyed all 3 courses. I think our children preferred to use the main restaurant and get their own at their pace. I would definitely recommend try the Italian.

There are a vast selection of the branded drinks in all the bars with a reduction on the pier bar given the smaller bar size. You just cannot want for more choice of soft drinks (bottled coke cola, fanta orange, ice teas and coffee in cans, bottled beers (Heineken etc..) as well as a large array of cocktails and spirits.

The evening entertainment shows we watched were good. The hotel could consider putting on two shows rather than one. There was not an amphitheatre like at the Cornelia Diamond and Baia Lara which would probably make a vast improvement if the hotel could consider/fit one in. The pier party was fantastic and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We also used the club on a regular occurrence but was not very busy and a number of the entertainment team were in until 1-1:30 then it seemed to go quieter. Our daughter did make a number of requests for certain music of the DJ which usually resulted in filling the dance floor.

During the holiday, we noticed more staff at certain areas serving guests (Beach Snack Bar) and there was an improvement in the service – odd occasion you may have had to wait a little longer for your food but the hotel was very busy 9/8-23/8.

We had late checkout suite and the hotel gave us both until 6pm. Then on the last morning asked us to swap for a garden suite – no problem and they gave us 2 garden suites until we left at 11pm.

During our stay I did observe the hotel were watching in the different areas to look for improvements and we experienced improvements during our stay. I take this as a good sign that the hotel is observing, listening and making improvements. A few small improvements soon add up to make a major difference.

During our stay we met a vast array of people from different countries and we all very friendly (Albania, Romania, Kazakhstan, France as well as English) who we spent time with.

There were some teething problems but these were only to be expected and anything we needed the hotel put right there and then for us. A few relatively minor observations in my view for the hotel to consider - in now way did these spoil our enjoyment:
- Ensure food is thoroughly cooked and kept hot
- Get the balance of staff right across restaurant, bars, entertainment, housekeeping (difficult)
- Consider a sports bar/TV area – we missed the football season
- Work with entertainment team to consider improvements to evening entertainment & activities – ask the guests even what else they would like
- Ensure cleaning is thorough and inspect to validate/check

Overall, it was a great holiday and we would have happily stayed on for longer than the two weeks. Irrespective of the minor improvements I have highlighted I was torn between 4 and 5 star rating - given its brand new I went for 5 star rating. I hope the hotel continues the improvements and future guests enjoy the hotel as much as we did.

Regards Mitch

Room Tip: Sea View Suites Rooms 4213 and 4214 fabulous views
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Having been an avid reader of the reviews for this hotel, I was really worried that we had booked a real dud of a holiday. So we haven't really been looking forward to this trip at all. That was a shame, because I think the anticipation of a holiday is part of the reason to have them in the first place, not just something to talk about at the barbers !

So as you can imagine reading all the poor reviews was so worrying. Anyway since I am writing this review from my suite on the fifth floor of the Riu Kaya Palazzo I am so pleased to be able to say that there was no need to be worried. The hotel is amazing and the "wow" factor really is there when y walk through into reception for the first time. The staff are cheerful and though they may not be the best at English being misunderstood has ot been an issue.

Our room is superb, fully airconditioned, two bathrooms a sitting room and huge double bed, which is really comfortable. All the things y need in the bathroom, even down to combs, toothpaste toothbrushes etc etc.

So far the food has been lovely, all fresh and no problems at all. Just spent the day on the beach and even got to swim in the sea which was as warm as bath water. No issues with sun beds, slow service or anything at all.

I wanted to write this today because envy one is reading Trip Advisor and getting worried about their holiday ... Well 2 days in, so far so very good. I will write a bigger review when I get home but for now, come and enjoy this marvellous hotel.

Jh

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Arrived early hours of the morning. Got upgraded - our anniversary with a sea and pool view.

The ambience and design was exceptional. Breath taking creativity. Had plenty of room and choice for activities. I am not one for sitting round. It kept me occupied with pool side events, French balls, Volley ball, table tennis, 7 amazing water slides, gym, Turkish bath, and much more not to forget the golf.

I also went on White water Rafting and Quad bikes. Rafting was the best - unforgettable.

Every evening, there was a show and also a live band playing a variety of music from classical music to jazz and even opera type.

We are all vegetarians in our family and fussy eaters. They were extremely helpful and could not do enough to meet our special needs. This was also the experience of our Italian friend who was sensitive to Gluten.

The only little negative was that the staff's English was very poor, but their care, smiles and helpfulness more than made up for that.

Room Tip: Higher floors are with stunning views.
Broxburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in Riu Kaya Palazzo for 14 nights in August through into start of September. The hotel is very new ( only open approx 2 months) as of course are all the staff, but you would not think so, the service from the minute we entered the hotel till the minute we departed was absolutely fantastic, bearing in mind that the staff are all new and learning their way about a massive new building and fine tuning and learning new procedures.

We have stayed in various 5 star hotels in Belek including, Cornelia Delux, susesi and I must say Kaya Palazzo is by far the best.

We had the most gorgeous suite on the 5th floor, very beautiful, clean and spacious, with fantastic air conditioning, mini bar is free (part of the all inclusive) and well stocked daily within refreshments and snacks too.

There are various A'la carte restaurants, of which we tried, Asian, Italian, And Steak, the food was excellent, but I must say that the main restaurant in the hotel had fantastic food also, the different meats were all perfectly cooked, so so very tender, certainly wouldn't think they were catering for the masses. We honestly did not have one meal that we did not like, the service is great.

The bar staff are particularly friendly and very welcoming, I must give a special mention to Cetin who works very hard in the pool bar, speaks to all the customers in various languages and still get the job done efficiently and to a very high standard.
The lobby bar on both floors is very nice and again the service is flawless, the cocktails and beverages are are all made with the very best top quality international brands and a few unusual ones thrown in. The credit for this and the the fantastic beverages supplied as part of the all inclusive and the faultless bar service is down to the Beverage manager Burak, he is a charming very professional, dedicated man who eats, sleeps and works Kaya Palazzo, and even after a 14 hour shift takes time out to speak to guests and makes you feel very welcome. He even had a special tea make for me with 27 different ingredients as I had mentioned in the passing that I had a sore throat, I must admit it wasn't the nicest drink I had, but within 2 hours my sore throat was gone!

We noticed lots of small changes / improvements in the way things were done over the two weeks we stayed at Kaya Palazzo, eg: they introduced a card system for pool towels, which I'm sure saved a lot of guests helping themselves to extras, implemented an nice tuck down service at bed time, folding down the crisp clean white cotton bedding and leaving your slippers out in your room ready for your return after the evening entertainment , and leaving a lovely card with "Good Night" on it, a small but very nice and personal gesture. Kaya Palazzo even offer a choice of 5 different types of pillows!!!

Kaya Palazzo offers the most fantastic spa facility and a well equipped gym complete with lovely indoor pool, ice fountain etc.

The Kaya Palazzo is a fantastic hotel that is improving in little ways every single day, and one that I will definitely be returning to for another week early June 2014, and one that my son and his girlfriend are ready to book up for 2014 also.

Well done Riu Kaya Palazzo you have achieved an outstanding quality and standard in such a very short time, and I'm sure you will go on to collect many awards for your high standards and excellence.

• Stayed August 2013
Retford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just returned from a weeks stay in this fabulous hotel.

We were really worried before going out as earlier reviews were not very good. Try as we did we could not find any of the "problems" earlier reviewers discovered.

The staff were incredibly attentive and really could not do enough to make our stay enjoyable.
Ok there are a few minor snagging problems with the finishing off of the refurbishment work which are currently being undertaken. Think they must have had to rush to get the hotel open so these could not be sorted before the first guests arrived. My husband and I run a building company so we do notice things that are not quite as they should be but honestly the hotel staff and management should be applauded for operating this hotel so smoothly while the snagging is being rectified without disturbing any of the visitors.

Entertainment staff are really friendly and encourage you to join in only if you want to.

The food in the main restaurant is wonderful and so beautifully presented with plenty of different choices the only problem is you have to do step aerobics every afternoon so that you can fit in your clothes. Lunch in the beach bar can't be beaten with really attentive waiters who are also are very friendly refilling your glass before it is empty.
We ate in the Steak a la carte one night which was lovely but there was so much choice in the main restaurant with a different theme every night you really didn't need all the other a la carte options.

We had booked a garden view room and were expecting to be in the main hotel. Received an email from Thomson the week before we left saying we would be in the garden blocks. As we had read these were not up to the same standard as the rest of the hotel I refused to accept this change to our conditions of booking and told Thomson we would go with an open mind but would obviously be in touch if the reviews we had read were correct. What a lovely suprise to be shown to two suites in the garden blocks both of which were fabulous with two bathrooms and huge TV's in every room. Our 2 teenagers were delighted with a duplex 3 bedroom, 2 bath and a lounge apartment. Talk about living it up! The rooms have the most comfortable beds in the world, (as ex BA crew I've slept in lots of 5* hotel beds and these were certainly superb).

The pool is very well designed with lots of inlets and shallow areas for children to play in near parents on sunbeds as well as allowing you to swim quite a circuit without having to do laps.
The aqua park should not be missed all the slides are great fun and very well thought out with no queuing what so ever.

Overall after worrying that we had made a mistake booking this hotel we had one of the best holidays of our life and are certainly considering returning next year.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Having read previous nagative reviews, I have to completely disagree and "champion" the Riu Kaya Palazzo!!!!!

We arrived in the early hours of Saturday 24th to be amazed by the absolutely stunning reception area.........I quote my 16 year old son who said "this is insane" ( before going he had not wanted to know our destination - so when he arrived it was a complete surprise for him) we were provided with refreshments whilst we checked in - which was really prompt and efficient. We went for a wonder and found ourselves sitting in the Cigar Bar.........( WOW!!!!) had a lovely drink and we were all very impressed with our experience so far.

We were amazed by the decor, class and style of our sea view suites, we were all on such a high it was very difficult to get to sleep! In the morning the view from our balcony was really amazing and we ventured down for breakfast. The main dining room was beautiful and the was more than enough choice for even the 'fussiest' of people.

The pool area is stunning and my daughter quickly wanted to try out the slides......having stayed in Turkish hotels for the last two years I have to say that these slides are really on a different level and provided us with so much fun for the duration of our stay. The slides were fun for children (and adults) of all ages, there was also an additional mini water park for toddlers which also looked like so much fun!

Dining in the evening was good and plenty to choose from. Later on into our stay we tried the Steak and Turkish restaurants ..........both excellent, we were waited on by the staff who were very attentive (never got to the bottom of our wine glasses!!) and we enjoyed a bit of "banter" with them, which they seemed to enjoy and appreciate.

The evening entertainment ( which is staged outside) was mostly dance and acrobatic and of good standard......I am sure that it will diversify over time.

Some of the negative reviews pick up on shoddy workmanship and minor issues, however if pointed out they are swiftly dealt with. My husband told Deputy Manager (Tyfun Ozdogan) about some decking boards that need attention. He got it sorted within the hour and he was really appreciative of having it pointed out. Several times we crossed paths with him and every time he shook my husbands hand.
Yes there is some minor work going on......but it is so discreet that you don't notice. It is very easy to criticise but with any new build there are bound to be some "teething problems" so give them a break!!

Bearta is extremely helpful (blonde lady in main reception) and speaks exceptional English. She helped us when my son needed some medical assistance organising a Dr immediately.
We later that evening received a lovely letter addressed to him, wishing him a speedy recovery along with a beautiful platter of fruit and Balklawa (his favourite) delivered to our room.

We have stayed with RIU on previous holidays and this hotel is the best yet.......we have already decided to go back next year for two weeks (I have always said that I would never go back to the same hotel twice - but this is an exception to my own rule!)

You must do the Antalya Waterfall trip....really good! Say hello to Volcan :) our speedboat driver - who took some great pictures of us. This can bee booked from the beach hut directly.

All in all this holiday was outstanding.......we will definitely go back.
I am sure that given time the hotel will continue to improve.
The only negative that I have is that we only booked a week!!!

Don't miss out on this hotel.....book now :)