“Excellent hotel and staff, brilliant animation team” 5 of 5 stars

SENTIDO Zeynep Golf & Spa
Tasliburun Mevkii, Belek 07506 , Turkey   |
Ranked #25 of 76 Hotels in Belek
Yorkshire
“Excellent hotel and staff, brilliant animation team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I spent 2 weeks at this hotel from 17/08/13 to 31/08/13. This was my 2nd visit having stayed at the hotel in August 2012. Last year I met some good people (staff). Erdinc Onol the guest relations manager was a star, he arranged for me a room upgrade this year. I was gutted to learn that he left the hotel theday before i arrived.
All the staff from the gardeners and cleaners upwards are very polite and only willing to help.
I loved this hotel last year and was fearful that this year would not be as good, but it was, it was excellent.
The animation team are the peopel that make up a big part of your holiday. Last year about 50% of them were excellent, others not so good. This year, it was good to see mpst of the excellent ones were still at the hotel. BUT not only that there was some excellent additions 95% of the team were excellent and out of this world. They do not get the recognition they deserve.
It was nice to see Aykut had gained a promotion to kids club and teenage club chief, even though this meant i did not see him as much as i did last year. Alex (mr boccia) is in my view one of the best if not the best of the animation team, I got to know this guy last year, he is amazing as is his wife Aliona (now pregnant) as a result of this this is their last year at this hotel. He will be a massive loss to the animation team. Pappis, another onme from last year, another top guy and entertainer, He has a friendly rivalary with Alex, especially on olympic day, which buy the was is excellent, as long as Sahin (the animation manager) judges it correctly and does not allow cheating. Sahin was animation chief last year and got promoted to manager. I complained about him last year, he came accross as arrogant and did not really speak to guests. I personally thought he had changed a littkle bit this year, he remembered me and certainly spoke to me and my family and was not as arrogant, although other guests thought he was. Whilst on the microphone at night he did make a few comment that i and others deemed to be racist (towards pappis) and homophobic. Make no bones about it had he made those copmments in the UK he would have been arrested and prosecuted if a complaint had been made. But I think that he did not do this with malice, i just think it is cultural differences and he really does not know or understand what he is saying is bad to the english.
Bahar who was therev last year, who i could not get along with seemed to have changed this year, i do not know maybe he was shy, but this year he came out of his shell.
Gino the new animation chief was excellent, a real nice genuine funny guy, he also appreciates his team. Others to mention that were very good are Yassin, Urgu, Yazza, Anastasia, julia, Dima, julia and little Esgi. They all work so hard and very long hours. The management need to give them more credit. Overall probably the best animation team i have ever c ome accross.
The room,s are very spacious, even bigger on golf side.
The poolside is calm and spacious, its not rammed with sunbeds, yet even if you dont get uop early to reserve a bed you can still find plenty of spare beds and room at 10 am 11 am etc.
The food is good and varied but follows a weekly cycle.
There could be more variation with snacks during the day and maybe start all the snacks at midday. Some are not available until 2pm.
Your normal drinks are on offer, the beer here is Efes. They could do with larger plastic cups, they do have some large ones but not many. too often i was getting beer put in a small plastic cup, the size you give to kids aged 5 at parties.
They also need to put white rum on the all inclusive package, its no more expensive than vodka and gin. this also opens up the opportunity to create more choice of cocktails and especisally mohitos and make them available on the all inclusive package.
Gala night is brilliant and this years was better than last years because of the fireworks. The hotel mamger thanked all his staff, but he did not thank the animation team, he thanked the manager Sahin, but not the staff. Its the staff that make the holiday. Alex and Aliona are going to be a massive loss to that team.
I trav elled with my wife and daughters aged 15 and 11. The hotel is a fantastic place, pretty basic compared tom others that would cost maybe 2 to 3 K more to go, but rest assured the basic is good. I will definately return. I have had a look around the Papiilion Belvil, Arcadia Golf and Atlantis which are more expensive, but certainly not better, their pools are rammed.
Melhanat and Marat bar staff on golf side are brill. Deniz who served me on gala night is brill
Fantastic place and people.

Room Tip: Golf rooms are bigger, the golf hotel is quieter. Its a 5 minute walk to the resort side (or 2 min...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Turkish first
Kent, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Melknows.

OMG we have just returned back from Sentido Zeynep Golf & Spa Hotel in Belek, Turkey. My husband, me and my 11 year old daughter spent a fortnight there and had the best holiday ever. The entire staff from the Gardener's to the Maids and the Waiters/Waitresses to the Chefs could not do enough for you. Murat and his young apprentice. Everynight at the lobby bar you made us laugh and we will miss you loads. Your cerez added zest to my Irish Cream. Keep up with the good english and remember the south east accent suits you mate!!! Alll spa employees were so lovely. Besir you are the kindest and most polite man ever. Fatma in the restaurant, your smile in the mornings was enough for us. You were very helpful and we will miss you loads. Chef Ramazan Abi, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your gorgeous pastries. You made sure we were okay everyday. We hope one day our paths will cross again. Cheeky Umit from the Pool Snack Bar. Good Luck in your University Computer course. We wish you all the success in the world. My Husband enjoyed the talks you had about Turkish Football. Sarp, Hotel Concierge, what a lovely man and a lovely smile. Good Luck in your University Tourism course in Ankara. We wish you all the best. Lastly a big thank you to Mr. Mehmet, Manager of Reception from the Zeynep Resort Hotel. If you did not agree to us swapping the rooms, we would have not met such wonderful people. The first twelve hours was a bit wobbly but after that, we had a fab time. Everything about the hotel stood out for us. You are a very lucky man to have such dedicated and loyal team working for you. They bend over backwards to accommodate and nothing is too much for their guests. We are saving to come back to your hotel very soon.

The food was out of this world. Lots to choose from. BBQ outside everynight, if you fancied it. Vegetarian food available (Hot and Cold). Always different pasta dishes. Rice dishes. Potato dishes. All different types of meat dishes. Fish dishes. Many healthy options for the fitness fanatics. The desserts were scrumptious. Lots of fresh fruit. I thought I might get weighed at the airport, instead of the luggage.

The only problem we had was the first room we were put in. We arrived at some crazy time like 4.30am in the morning and we were originally booked at the Zeynep Resort. Unfortunately our room was very small and there were three single beds all pushed together. We did complain to reception and they said the hotel was fully booked and there was nothing they could do for us and that is what we had booked. And that in Turkey there are no double beds. Come on people, what a load of cobblers. A few hours later we went and saw our Thomas Cook Rep Jo and even though she came up to see the room stated the same thing. They did not see that three single beds all pushed together and no space on either side, was a problem. Weird people. Who wants to spend a fortnight singing "Three in a bed and the little one said, roll over". We were tired, jet lagged and in a room you could not swing a kitten in, let alone a cat and to top it all our air conditioner sounded like farmer giles or should I say "Head Sheppard" was riding his tractor through our room in the middle of the night. We went down to our Thomas Cook Welcome Meeting and we found several people were in similar situations. Problems with rooms. We met an older couple who wanted to be at the Resort side and not the Golf & Spa side so we took it upon ourselves to swap the rooms. The Manager Mr. Mehmet got us to sign paperwork to agree we were swapping and that was that. No thanks to Jo though for not trying to sort out our problem. There was a few of us that had serious issues with rooms. Other than that, we wasted nearly a day trying to sort it out, but in the end the other couple were happy and so were we. And so were the few families who got their rooms sorted out.

Great, Clean hotel. Lots of beautiful grounds to walk around. Well maintained gardens. Lots of quiet spots if you want to just chill. Lots of entertainment, games etc., if you like to be active. Loads for the kids to do. They will never get bored. They'll get tired, but not bored. A few slides etc., for the kids. Kids club looked really entertaining for the children. Always lots going on. 24 hours all inclusive and I am not kidding. My only advise is loose weight before you go, as you will definitely put on while your their. Gala nights are very posh. Abit manic but well worth going to. All Al La Carte Restaurants are special. Italian and Chinese are free. French, Mexican and Mediterranean are a few euros per person, but definitely worth while going.

Zeynep Resort Hotel is the livelier side. Zeynep Golf and Spa Hotel is the quieter side. There is a buggy which takes you from one hotel to the other. A 30 second journey. You can use both hotels facilities and restaurants. Kadriye Town Centre is 15 mins journey away and so is Belek Town Centre. Belek seemed better in collection of shops, restaurants and bars. Go to Antalya for the day and experience the culture in the old town and the new. We highly recommend it.

If in doubt about anything, ask at the Hotel Concierge as the team of people are very helpful. Reception staff are also available 24 hours a day. We recommend that people try this hotel out. IT IS THE BEST TURKISH DELIGHT EVER!!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the Zeynep Resort are livelier and slightly more noisy as all the activities are based arou...
Cramlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a week's holiday at the hotel and we had an amazing time. I went with my husband and two young children and would not hesitate to go back or to recommend the hotel. We had a slight hiccup on arrival in that our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 11:00 at night - we were booked into the Sentido Zeynep Resort hotel - but we were given a suite for the night and then upgraded the following day to the honeymoon suite in the Sentido Zeynep Golf and Spa hotel on the same site. The Golf and Spa hotel is much newer than the Resort Hotel and the rooms are nicer, however the pool area is a little cramped. We took the buggy to the Resort Hotel everyday to use the pools there where there is more space and more for the kids to do. You can walk between the hotels which literally takes two minutes, 30 seconds in the buggy! The food was fantastic in both hotels - lots of choice, high quality and plentiful all day. The hotels are very clean and the staff attentive and friendly. There is the usual mini disco and then a show every night which is high quality and family friendly. We had a lovely, relaxing holiday and I would definately recommend it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed for 2 weeks from 10th August till 24th and could find very little fault in this hotel. We went as a family of 4 and stayed in the Golf and Spa resort. After arriving at 3 in the morning we checked in at reception which is at the main resort hotel. We were then transferred in a golf buggy to the nearby Golf and Spa Hotel - 4-5 minute walk away during the day. Hotel lobby bar is open 24 hours so we had a celebratory beer to toast our holiday. The rooms in the Golf and Spa hotel were outstanding - huge rooms with lots of space to get cases out of the way during your stay. Lovely bathrooms with huge walk in shower area. The main resort hotel as said before is where all the action is during the day - animation team were brilliant. Activities start early - around 9.30 and go till about 12.30 - they then restart at 3 and finish around 5.30. Large range of activities - water polo, beach volleyball, football, darts, pool games, water aerobics. There are lots of water sports at the beach which you will need to pay for and this is where most of our money went on. Nice little jetty on the beach which was great fun to jump off.
The food was really good with lots of variety. There are 5 a la carte restaurants at the hotel. 2 are included in the all inclusive package - the Italian and the Chinese. if you have children I would not really recommend either of these. The Chinese was OK - portions very small. The Italian was much better - again small portions but what we had was really tasty. Every 2nd Friday there is a Gala night where all hotel guests dine outside around the pool and bar areas in the main hotel. This would be my only gripe about the holiday as it was a huge exercise to get all the guests seated and dining. We ended up in a bit of situation with another group who we inadvertently had taken their table whilst they were queuing for food. All other restaurants were closed during the Gala night so there was no option for anywhere else to eat. As I said this was a minor hiccup in what was a great 2 week break. I would recommend this hotel without any shadow of doubt.

Room Tip: Try and stay in the Golf and Spa hotel.
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was probably one of the best holiday resort I have ever stayed in! I am passionate about Turkish customer services, but this resort simply had it all!!

- good location - closer to the Antalya Airport than Antalya itself! (30 minutes by car/transfer)
- vast resort - with possibility for accommodation in main building (closer to the beach), the golf & spa hotel (this was our choice, and it is quieter and less populated, but just a bit farther from the beach) or in the bungalows (close to the beach and main building)
- huge rooms, very clean, very good sound and heat proof, air-conditioning, with the distinct possibility to choose not to be disturbed in the morning (this together with a locked door ensures the very best long sleep)
- great variety of food (from very delicious lamb to huge shrimps and kebab chicken meat) and deserts (specific Turkish deserts, but also some more European-like cakes) and of course fruits
- in the spa I had one of the best massages of my life (Jimbaran). You have to pay separately fro the spa treatments, but look for Kris in the Golf Spa Building and she will give you special prices
- one of the happiest animators team I've ever met - with lots of activities ranging from archery (free), air-gun shooting (free), tennis (free with your own rackets and 9EUR to rent rackets from them or 19EUR to have a trainer play with you), to table tennis (free), billiard (fee), or water polo and gym (free of course).
- possibility to bathe in the sea, the Olympic pool, 2 regular pools, 2 pools for kids or the Aqua Park Pool - all ensured with chairs and towels at discretion
- in the evening, they would organize all sort of activities in the Amphitheater or otherwise - Bingo night, ladies vs gents contest (what fun that was!), Gala Night (looked like a regular wedding preparation, with the entertainment and everything !! )
- you have the possibility to leave your children with a babysitter against a fee - they would teach them various dances and they would present to everybody in the evening (that kept the resort rather quiet of children screaming everywhere! :) )

All in all, I will definitely come back and recommend it dearly to my friends.

Good job, guys!

Room Tip: Get a room in the Golf Building if you are looking for more quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am writing this review from a bedchair by the pool at the best hotel I have ever stayed in.
When I booked our holiday for myself, husband and 2 daughters aged 13 and 9, I understood we would all be in one room, which worried me a little as I thought it would be cramped, but when we arrived and was shown to our room, I realised I had nothing to worry about, it was more than big enough. All the rooms in the Golf Hotel have carpets, which help to keep it quiet, no clip clapping of shoes etc from above. In fact we never hear a thing. We are lucky enough to be overlooking the pool at the front of the hotel which is perfect, and I would advise you ask for this. The bathroom is finished to a very high quality, with the biggest walk in shower I have seen in a hotel room.
We eat in this hotel, as opposed to the resort hotel, as I agree with previous comments, it is just calmer and quieter. The food that is served is exactly the same at both sites. We were lucky enough to be here for one of the Gala nights - WOW, what a night. Brilliant entertainment, atmosphere and food. If you are going to be holidaying here and it falls on one of your nights, you need to be ready early though, it starts at 7.00 but I advise getting there for about 6.30 to get a good table, as we arrived at 7.15 and struggled to get a table and sat quite near the back. There is plenty of food for everyone but the stage was difficult to see, so if you plan to stay the whole night to watch the show, get there early!
Even though I have been informed that both hotels are fully booked at the moment, it doesn't feel crowded, and please believe me when I say you do not have to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve bed chairs, as there is more than enough space, and if you come down and can't find one, the Pool Attendant will always find you some and an umbrella.
The beach is just by the main pool,in the resort hotel. We stayed in Belek last year in a different hotel, and I was a little disappointed in the beach there as it was quite shingly, but was pleasantly surprised to find this one is mainly sand, with the exception of a few little stones at the very edge.
There is a pier which is brilliant for jumping into the sea from, and provides a lovely escape from the heat as there is always a nice breeze on the pier, and more sunbeds to lounge on.
Entertainment - The entertainment team here are one of the best I have seen. After just meeting you once they remember your name and always greet you with a welcoming smile. If you like to join in with games etc, then you will not be bored, there is always something going on.
I must say a massive "Hello and Thank You" to Alex, Papi and Luka. They are great guys, who have helped make our holiday this year a really enjoyable one. They are hilarious and so friendly.
If you have booked to come here, you will have a fantastic time!!!!

Room Tip: Choose the golf hotel, all rooms are amazing.
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My partner and 2 daughters (ages 11 and 9) stayed at the Zeynep Golf hotel for the first 2 weeks of August 2013. We have previously (in 2011) stayed in the Resort Hotel, in one of the bungalows when the Zeynep Golf had just opened (July 2011). So the Golf Hotel is only 2 years old. Whichever hotel you stay in (Golf or Resort), you have the use of the facilities of both hotels. You can eat in whichever you choose, use the pools and gymnasium of both hotels, etc. The Golf hotel is quieter and more relaxed. The Resort Hotel is larger, nearer the beach and is noisier, but with more atmosphere and activities.

We stayed in a normal room... all four of us in one room, but it was nice and big and the shower in the bathroom was huge. We overlooked the pool, as most of the rooms in this hotel do, however, there are a few rooms on the other side of the building, and you will be currently overlooking some football pitches, a golf course and, I'm afraid, a building site. It looks like another hotel is currently being built. So, when booking, I suggest you specify that you wish to overlook the pool as most rooms do. We weren't lucky enough to get a 'lake room'. There are a few rooms which have a swimming pool - like a river- running past your balcony (see the photos of the hotel). You could step out of your patio doors, and have your own private sunbeds and jump into the lake pool!!! The disadvantage is that anyone can use this pool, so you may not like having strangers swimming past your room, but we went in the height of the season and this pool was hardly used. The other huge pool never got busy either. Plenty of room to swim about. There's an indoor pool and you can swim outside through the wall to a smaller outside pool. There's also a toddler pool. My main gripe when I go on holiday in peak season is that it is the most expensive time of the year and yet some hotels don't have enough sunbeds to cater for everyone, so you have to get up at 'stupid oclock' and put down towels. I don't want to have to be doing this when I've paid a lot of money and am supposed to be relaxing and not having to get up early!!!! Can I just say that THERE ARE PLENTY OF SUNBEDS! No matter what time of day we went to the pool, there were plenty of vacant beds around the pool. Heaven. We hardly saw any towels being put down to reserve beds. You didn't need to.

There is a nice-sized gym with treadmills, free weights, and lots of equipment for you to burn off the extra calories you'll be eating. Which brings me onto food. Lovely. Lots of choice, and like I said earlier, you can go to the Resort Hotel if you like and eat there too. In your room is a small fridge which gets topped up every day with fizzy cans of drinks, water, mineral water and fruit juice. The maid comes daily and makes up the beds and provides clean towels. There's a safe in the room which is free. The TV in the room has a few English Channels. My daughters liked Cartoon Network, and there's BBC World News and CNN. There are a few other English-speaking channels too. The beds were comfy (I usually find the matresses in Turkey are too firm - but they were OK in this hotel).

The Spa was nice. My partner and I both had Turkish baths and massages. You can use the Turkish bath when you like... but you have to pay to be given a proper bath by a member of staff. There are 2 saunas - biggest I've ever seen and nice and light inside. There's a steam room too. Don't take any towels with you. You are provided with beach towels, free of charge. I'd recommend taking Euros as opposed to Turkish Lira. There are 5 A la Carte restaurants. The French one is 5 euros per person but is Adult Only. The Mexican is 5 Euros per person, as is the Mediterranean. However the Chinese and Italian are free. Book them as soon as you can because you can book in advance and they can get booked up pretty quick. They are worth going to - to have something different and to break the normal routine of going to the hotel restaurants every night.

We were very boring and didn't go on any trips. We did the Chinese and Italian restaurants and the Banana Boat. But apart from that, we stayed the entire 2 weeks on the Hotel grounds just swimming and eating and going to the evening shows and drinking, etc. It was very relaxing but you are a bit out of the way of shops. There is a bus stop and taxi rank right outside the hotel if you wish to venture off anywhere. We hate shopping in Turkey so didn't do any at all.

The staff are all lovely, helpful and friendly. Can't do enough for you. We just had a few small issues with some of the other guests - the Russians don't understand queueing (and they never smile.... miserable sods). Some of the English were a bit annoying too. But nothing happened that spoilt it at all. I would like to go back some day. We had a lovely time.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool-side room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to SENTIDO Zeynep Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!