“Stay 13th September for 11 nights” 4 of 5 stars

You added Letoonia Golf Resort to your Saves list
Letoonia Golf Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ileribasi Mevkii, Belek 07501, Turkey   |
Ranked #28 of 78 Hotels in Belek
“Stay 13th September for 11 nights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We visited this hotel with family ranging from 55 years to 3 years old.
Let me start to say this was my third September holiday in a row staying at Lara beach for the last 2 years ( Delphine Palace and Concorde) so maybe I had set my standards too high!
Letoonia is not a 5 star hotel however the potential is there so after the referb hopefully my points below will improve.
First the good points.
The large bungelow we stayed on overlooked the relax pool and was clean and had everything we needed. Bathrooms a bit dated but clean.
Entertainment team are probably the best I have come across and work their socks off! They really are special.
A la cartes very nice and with the extra if buy one get one free offer is on. Not sure I would pay the eur 10 each for them!!!
Guest relations very nice. The boat trip was well worth the money along the river! We had a great time.
I am not sure why everyone is going on about the Germans and Russians I found that there were just the same amount of English guests! Especially on our second week.
Bad points (which will hopefully change after the referb)
Check in was terrible! The reception area is dull and really had us wondering what we had left ourself in for! At 2am the last thing you want is 1 check in assistant making a whole group of you fill out forms and wait for 45 mins before you got to your rooms!
The food... There is nothing wrong with the quality of food and there is always something nice to eat but it is luke warm at best.. If not stone cold! Never did we eat in the main buffet and have a hot meal.
The lunch a la cartes are lovely and good is great but the staff speak limited English and not once in 11 days did they get our lunch order 100% right. We just laughed about it in the end as to what was going to turn up infront of us.
The bar staff.. Some are rude but none of them speak English. There was always a que of 20 mins to get a drink daytime or nighttime! Once I waited 20 mins just for a apple juice for my son in 30 degree heat! But to be fair they do have water available to help yourself. They need more bar staff and English speaking would be good!
Check out! We had a night flight... My advice is never stay at this hotel with a later departure. They donot let you have late check out. They ask you to come to reception 930am departure morning however I didn't speak to 1 person who got a late check out for the whole time I was there. Even the rep said the hotel do not like doing this.
Instead they make you use the spa communal showers!! Not ideal with a child! Other hotels I have stayed at let you have a room for a hour.... Not the Letoonia! So beware!!
Now don't get we wrong we had a lovely time and if the price is right I would reccomend however if you have the extra funds I would stick to Lara beach and try one of the Delpines!

• Stayed September 2013
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for your opinion about Letoonia Golf Resort. It was a pleasure for us to welcome you at our hotel. Actually the temperature of the food has been checked everyday from our Food Engineer and reported to the Hotel Management. As you also know, not eveybody eat the food in the same temperature. Because of this reason it has been standadized. I especially thank you for your compliments to Guest Relations and animation. Your complaints about reception has been forwarded to the Front Office Manager. We will check the lunch A'la carte restaurants and Bar Service. As we would like to see you again, we will try to improve our services.
Regarding the World Hotel Standards c-out time is 12:00h and late c-out is extra charge. If we have possibility we try to help our guests. We hope to welcome you again.
Gamze Tekşen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have just got back from a weeks stay. We traveled with friends who were celebrating their silver wedding anniversary. Overall we enjoyed our stay here, we stayed in one of the bungalows which was situated near to the relax adult only pools. The main pool area was very noisy and busy but if you are travelling with children it would be fine. Our room was very spacious and clean. Towels were changed every day and you could have had your sheets changed every day to if you wanted. The food was quite nice however we struggled to find a table on a couple of occasions, especially on the Turkish night when all the A La Carte restaurants close. We did ask if we could reserve a table but were told we couldn't. We did however notice that one or two tables had been reserved!. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The two ladies at Guest Relations were especially helpful as was the lady who served us at the garden bar. We used the spa a couple of times and paid 19 Euros for a Turkish bath which was amazing. I must say it was well worth the money as you are treated to a massage at the same time. Overall we enjoyed our stay here, we probably wouldn't go back as it was a bit too busy for us but we did have a nice time.

Room Tip: If you are traveling as a couple without children I would recommend staying in one of the bungalows.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Julie,
You made us very happy with your lovely comments. I hope you come back next year again. If you don't like too busy, I offer you to book in April or October. I hope you come back again. You can reach us from the foolowing mail address: letoonia@letoonia.com, if you have any questions.
Best Regards
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at letoonia from September 15th onwards. We were in a group of 8 with children and adults mixed ages. On arrival we were allocated a bungalow room. They were fairly worn and dated, much in need of repair and refurbish. Which letoonia are starting in November. The bathrooms for young children are not at all ideal. As there is no bath, just a shower which is slippery. We did mention this and got a plastic mat in the shower the next day (my sister is a travel agent) however the bathroom area was fairly dangerous when wet. So beware. The room has a poor sub standard tv and mini bar which isn't even worth being called a mini bar. It has 1 beer! 1 coke some orange juice cartons and water. Laughable and NOT 5 star. Our rooms we dirty under the beds, wouldn't have thought they had been moved and swept for months. Pools were lovely, just one bar at the main pool which has queues most of the day. Cocktail list is completely boring. not much choice. Most of the guests are Eastern Europeans mainly rude and don't use the word please or thank you. The food for me was also sub standard, cold and boring. And again very geared for Eastern Europe tastes. Sprouts for breakfast aren't exactly what you want. Music around the pool is very dated and old. Unless suddenly they play something from this era when the exercise class or games are on. The floor is extremely slippery near the pool near the boat area. I saw many people and children fall. They have laid a green carpet which soaks water and when stepped on makes the whole area worse. I can't comment on the shows as I didn't go to see them as they aren't my kind of thing, but night times at the bar are fairly dull. The music was like a Turkish version of chas and dave. The shops don't even bother, very expensive and completely rude staff in them. I don't think I would bother to go back. I would choose one of the REAL 5 star hotels nearby. Although it will be interesting to see letoonia after its full facelift. It really does need an injection of new ideas, move foward in time and needs to look to other successful all inclusive hotels which are really 5 stars! Such as many do so well in Mexico. On leaving the hotel also beware one of my group was accused of taking 3 towels. She had misplayed one towel card. They wouldn't open the gates until the matter was cleared up. They wanted us to pay 30 euros! In the end they agreed a mistake by them had been made. And we just left. Small things matter, letoonia.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your suggestions and comments. As you mentioned the rooms at the main building will be renovated in 2014. Please follow our website to see the room pictures. We hope you will come back next year aswell.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a week here.

Our room was spacious, clean, smelt fresh and in perfect view of the gardens. And close to both relax pools. Towels and bedsheets replaced everyday.
The gardens are beautiful!!
We always found loungers to sit on everyday and it was always hot hot.
The entertainment team are fab. Nino and Leno or ( leilo ) stood out to us both. Very funny, always happy and got the crowd going. We found a couple a bit pushy forcing us to clap when we already have been clapping for ages which was really annoying!!
We got brill service at the bar too.
Would Deffo recommend the chop stix and Turkish restraunt both amazing.

Only bad things I picked up was out mini bar wasn't filled up on the first two days, children going in the relax pool when it states not to, and we couldn't find a room service drink menu after 2am 24 hour all inclusive so should have. But not quite enough to rate it down.
We were gutted to leave and wanted to stay another week. Already thinking of paying another small visit next year. See if there's anything new or different

Dear Laura,
First of all many thanks for your kind review. As our guest's opinions are always very important for us, your comments has been reported to the related department managers. Please be informed we have two relax pools, one of them is only for adults, under 18 years can not go this pool. Children can only swim at the other one which is nearly to reception side. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any questions.
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was our second stay at latoonia golf resort, on arrival we had to wait sometime to be shown our rooms this is not what you want when you arrive early hours of the morning,
Our room was clean and spacious, the outside paintwork on the doors could do with some updating, but we had a view of one of the relax pools initially i was chuffed but soon learnt that children also used this pool but it does state clearly on the litrature that these pools are for adults only, i liked the idea of the pillow menu, and there was also a limited free room service menu not that we needed to use this at all, mini bar was gstocked with one beer one coke and water not useful for a couple wanting a beer or coke each, coffee making facilities in the room are ok and we were able to get more of the coffee we liked just by asking,
The hotel was over run with russians who were rude and ignorant but were some times more entertainment than the shows the hotel put on,
Food oh the food this is where i felt latoonia has gone down hill, in a nut shell the food was dull tasteless,and cold i didnt have a hot meal the whole time i was there, who wants sprouts for breakfast?. Clearly the left overs from the night before were re jigged to make something else the next day,
We werent impressed by the beach the sand was sharp and dirty and screaming kids on the beach and the pool side left us feeling stressed not relaxed, the camera guy nearly found his camera somewhere the sun doesnt shine as i was led on my sunbed he was taking shots of some unruley child right by my bed so he could have the back drop of the pool, i was not impressed being woken up by this,
The maid ah well this was where my son would complain as he found bleach stains on his trousers that were not there before.
If you want a late checkout you can only ask for this early on the day your travelling this kept us in limbo a bit. Bar staff on the whole were great except for one of the bar managers who clearly has an attitude problem, i was not impressed by the towel lady smoking on the job!!!!!
Entertainment well done nino and eric i dont know how you do that day in day out but you kept smiling through loved you guys. The entertainments manager oh this guy this guy really made my blood boil, dont know who he actually thinks he is but hey mate your nothing special and honestly your pretty poor at your job, and dont make out you cant speak english when your speaking at least four languages when you are introducing your shows and one of these languages is ENGLISH, your certainly no fued at least he was polite to the customers
I wont be returning to latoonia personally as im passed the stage if listening to spoilt kids and competative russians who think they are way above anyone else. But if you want a holiday for the kids and your anorexic then this is the place for you, the weather was fabulous hot hot hot, plenty of sunbeds and shade, pool area was clean, found the spa staff to be very pushy, but the boat lady took NO straight away, and please lady in the resturant if your going to run after me for taking a few grapes out of the resturant please do this to the 65% of people who take PLATEFULS of food to their rooms and you were happy not to challange them.

Room Tip: We had a bungelow room by the relax pool. Mossies can be a problem from dusk
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for your review about our Hotel. As you mentioned our relax pool area in your review, there is one point is not right. Please kindly be informed we have one relax pool is only for adults. There is a second relax pool where is allowed children aswell. Regarding our concept all the private bars at the hotel will be refilled standard. Our beach area is enough big and the guests have enough place. We will inform our photo shop about the problem which you faced with the photoghrapher. If you come to our Hotel next time plase inform the Guest Relations team about any problem you lived at the hotel. The points which you mentioned has been forwarded to related Department Heads. It will be searched and action will be taken. Regarding our restaurant rules to take food to the room is not allowed and we try to avoid it.
We hope to see you again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend aged both 23 stayed here for a week from the 12th to the 20th sept! We met my boyfriends mum and auntie there as we booked separate holidays for flight reasons. We arrived early in the morning and were met by staff. The reception was very basic and we were taken to our room. We noticed that our room was interlocking with another and we realised the next morning it was his mum and auntie. We asked thomson not to be placed together as we wanted a slight bit of privacy! The next day we went down to see the manager and asked to move rooms he straight away said no and would not help us in any way and began shouting at us telling id we booked a family room We pleaded with him but he was disinterested and walked back into his office with no valid reason of why we couldn't move. We then contacted our thomson rep who said a different manager has said there was no problem moving and to go to reception at 10. We did this and the same manager was there who walked into his back office and made another member of staff tell us we couldn't move as there were no rooms! This ruined our holiday and after complaining the staff made our holiday worse! Our sheets were never cleaned where as next door were and they had a bed decoration including other people we met! The buffet was repetitive and food cold! Not near anything! In the middle of no where! Please do not go!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Rachel,
We would like to thank you for your review. Regarding to your complaint we have contacted our Front Office Manager. As we searched in our system the rooms which you stayed, exactly the same with your booking. There is nothing wrong. Please be informed only regarding the possibility we can change guest's rooms. After your request we tried to change your room, but you didn't accept it. Front Office Manager has been informed about your complaint about the manager at the reception. As all our Management Team and employees are very well trained about Friendly Service, Letoonia Team Members never have this attitude.
Kİnd Regards
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Just returned from a week at the Letoonia Golf and Spa Resort this morning and, what a great place!. Please don't be put off by the description that this place is massive. It IS a large complex (75 acres) but not so much that you feel you're on an expedition to get around. You are never more than a few minutes walk away from the many restaurants, bars or activities and everything is well sign posted. Do use the complimentary map for the first few days and you'll be fine. The gardens are beautiful with orange and pomegranate trees. A brook runs through this complex and small bridges link the rooms to the main walkway (feels a bit like China). Hotel has a distinct mythological feel but then this is because the area has a direct link to Zeus. The statues in the gardens and the fountain at the main entrance are fabulous. Although this hotel is advertised as "Golf and Spa" there is no golf course here. There is a golf range only. You will need to arrange your own golf (I'd recommend you do this from the UK as it's much cheaper). As a couple (aged 54 and 56), we stayed in the bungalows at the Relax Pool 1. Fantastic. About 6 steps from our room to Adults Only pool with a garden bar offering a variety of soft and alcoholic beverages, toasties and fruit. Rooms are spacious and immaculately clean; my only gripe is there is no handrail in the shower cubicle and therefore not suitable for the infirm. The main hotel is quite grand and we took the glass lift to the top just to get a bird's eye view of the main complex. Stunning! The food here is varied and all nationalties are catered for. You will never go hungry at this hotel. Room service is open 24 hours and I can't understand the review about the pizza and chips (we didn't actually go to Turkey looking to eat fast food). Visited 2 a La Carte restaurants; Asian and Turkish. Oh my word! Amazing service and food. Oh and don't worry that your diet will go out the window whilst on holiday. The Letoonia caters for this with the low fat options. With the exception of the sliced bread, all other bakery is done on the premises and the staff work their socks off. Didn't find anyone who couldn't speak English or who was rude. Some tourists yes, but not the staff. There are life guards around the main pool areas and at the beach. Plenty of activities with archery, darts, water polo, golfing range to name just a few. All free so a chance to try it out first. The speciality nights were amazing and I have never seen the size of tuna fish the likes of what I saw at the Letoonia (should be renamed the Letuna). Plenty of sunbeds and these are wiped dry every morning (you'll see this if you're up early enough). Gardeners work constantly to keep this place looking beautiful. The entertainment was fun and, albeit not West End shows, the animation team work so very hard to put on a different show every night AND this is on top of their daily activities. Didn't use the disco so can't comment. Firework display nightly at 22:00. Fab. Clean, fresh beach towels every day (some still warm!) and the same with the room towels. Public toilets checked and cleaned every 30 minutes with special toilet seat coverings supplied. All in all a perfectly fabulous place. Will absolutely return if only for the spinach pide! Thank you to everyone at the Letoonia.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Katie,
Thank you very much for your lovely comments. As the Letoonia Family we are very happy to serve our guests. Please be informed there will be a big change at Letoonia Resorts next year after the renovation. You can contact us from the following e-mail address: letoonia@letoonia.com. We hope you come back.
Gamze Tekşen

Been to Letoonia Golf Resort? Share your experiences!