“Very good if you want is sun, swim, sleep and food.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sensimar Belek Resort & Spa

You added Sensimar Belek Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Sensimar Belek Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Mehmet Akif Caddesi Bogazak Mahallesi 29 Sok. No 9, Belek, Turkey   |
Ranked #43 of 78 Hotels in Belek
Bucuresti
“Very good if you want is sun, swim, sleep and food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The hotel is excellent if you do not want tours, do not want shopping, do not want to participate in sports or cultural activities, do not want to be photographed. All that you want is sun, swim, sleep and food.
Yes, if that's all you want, then it is the right place. That's what I was looking for, and I felt great.
Of course there are the recreational possibilities mentioned above, but nobody's nagging you every 5 minutes to do something.
Good hotel, excellent pool, well maintained and huge. The sea was calm and clean.
Great cuisine for those who enjoy Turkish food. Great restaurant and well trained staff.
Bars available all the time. Although occasionally someone came with refreshments at the beach or pool.
The air conditioning functioned well for a Turkish hotel (not great nor bad). Decent.

The only problem was "house keeping" on our floor (room1410). From the six days that I had spent there, on 4 of them, they came to do the cleaning between 2 and 4 p.m. Once someone someone to paint something in the bathroom. My husband permited his access but he warned that I was sleeping. The man was so impressed that when his phone called very loud he answered and spoke loudly. They made all sorts of figure towels, but they did not bring Q-tips. The glass wall near the sink was dirty with soap spots since we came until we left, the toilet was clean but the floor was't wiped even once. On the penultimate day, they were waiting for my husband and they asked him for money, by means of showing him the wallet. I know that in Turkey tip is customary, but I usually tipped only when and where I felt is was earned. I belive this begging was only a practice of the cleaning lady on our floor, Other romanians staying at the same hotel did not have this discomfort.
The Spa was good, but take notice that at check-in you are given 20 minutes free, and then when you go to order something, discount doesn't apply as expected. It semms it is calculated in a turkish way. But the spa was good.
Overall it was good.
I highly recommend this hotel for elderly couples without shopping or travelling desires.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have just arrived home from a wonderful stay at Sensimar Belek, without doubt the best hotel we have stayed in, and we have been holidaying in Turkey for the last 14 years.
Every thing about the hotel was fantastic; the staff, the room, the food, the beach and an amazing pool.
PRO'S: The staff: always polite, could not do enough for you. The Room: cleaned everyday, with new towels and great views. The Food: so many different choices and all excellently produced (theme evenings were exceptional, "Directors Night" one not to miss). The Beach: private with plenty of beds and own jetty, sea very clean. The pool: or lake as it is commonly known, you will not find a better pool on your travels, it winds through the bars and some of the apartment rooms, with plenty of sun beds. It is truly something special.
As I said previous, we have been traveling to turkey for many years and this is the best hotel we have ever stayed at. OK not many Brits, but you see enough of those at home and you know if there are plenty of Germans then the hotel will be spotless.
Evening entertainment was varied and catered for all (beach party was very good).

CONS: we had to leave after 11 nights, but wanted to stay.

Please don't listen to some of the previous reviews, this place really is excellent, so much so, that we arrived home yesterday and have booked for September already.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same inside, seaview will cost more, but not required.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here for a week and overall we really enjoyed our vacation.

The room:
The room was really nice and clean. There's a refrigerator with beverages that is restocked daily. They bring a plate of fruit to your room the day you arrive. Clean towels and beach towels everyday if you wish.

The staff:
The staff is incredibly friendly and do their best to talk with you in English, even though they are trained to cater to German customers. They keep offering you beverages all day long.

The beach:
The beach is so wonderful, we didn't even try the pool. The sea is warm and clear and you can see little fishes swimming next to you from time to time. The only complain regarding the beach is the water sports company right next to it. All day long you will have to take up with their noise.

The hotel:
The hotel is large, but at the end of the third day we were feeling a bit claustrophobic. I wish they had more space for us to walk around. The area around the hotel is made of holiday houses and other resorts, with nothing to do but what is offered inside the resort. However, there's always some sort of entertainment at night (movie night, live music, dancers, etc). I was surprised by the lack of bugs, but you will find a dozen kittens roaming around.

The spa:
They offered a 20 minutes massage at the spa and we enjoyed it. Although I have to say that the two masseurs kept talking to one another which I found a bit odd. But the spa does have a lot of options, with a classic massage at 40€.

The food:
And now for what makes this not an Excellent hotel, but a Very Good one. The buffet is not lacking in options, but it is lacking in flavor. Breakfast was nice enough with a lot of eggs, bread, cheese and ham. The grilled meats (only available for dinner) were good, but the stews had no salt and the gravy in all of them tasted the same. A lot of salads were available. The desserts looked appetizing, but only the Turkish traditional ones were true to what they appeared. The dried figs however were amazing. We picked the Kulinarium for our à la cart dinner and it was decent. A bit better than the buffet restaurant and with better presentation.
There are snacks throughout the day with some cookies at the lobby, cake at the island pool bar (I think) and ice cream, waffles and some kind of fried dough at the pool bar. The ice cream was really good and so were the waffles. We never tried the cake.

I got scared reading the reviews before going but everything went better than expected, apart from the food.

Room Tip: We paid for a room with a balcony and sea view, and although it fit the description, our room was to...
Novi Sad, Serbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Hotel itself is very nice, food ok,staff polite, peaceful and quiet, great pool and not a bad beach, but hotel is far from city center- like 7-8 km, nothing in area to see, and problem with rooms that don't have sea view is that they DON'T have terrace, only balcony door and very bad view. Overall ok hotel, would go back considering price is very low compared to quality you get.

Room Tip: Chose room with sea view, thrust me will worth it!
Turku, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Not what we expected after three previous holidays in Belek area. Hard to believe the hotel is built 2011 as our Finnish travel agency advertised. Rooms, furnitures, pool , almost everything looked like has been used at least a decade. Cracks and holes in floors and ceilings. Beds quite hard. Almost same food everyday. Cats walking around main restaurant area, sometimes even inside. Snack-food in pool bars available, but pretty poor quality. Beach was narrow. Only few waiters that undersood even the simpliest english. All activities in german.

Room Tip: Rooms in the first floor has in general only a limited sea-view.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We just got home after one week in Sensimar Belek. Overall our stay was pretty good, but we did have some issues. This will be a long review so beware!
First of all, we loved the couples only formula! No kids, so no noise. Guest were mostly couples of all ages and some families. Definitely not just older couples.
The atmosphere is very peaceful and relaxing, but there also is plenty of day and night time entertainment if you are into that. During the day there are plenty of sport activities you can join, such as yoga, fitness, aqua aerobics or beach volleyball.
And there was a show, live music or special (outside/gala) diner every night. Some nights were better than others and if you really like to party this is not the place to be. Music was more catered towards older couples and overall there was not much dancing going on. Most guest were in bed around 23:30. One night there was a foam party at the beach, which was amazing! So much fun!
The pool bars are open till 00:00, and most guest were sitting quietly in the bars or around the pool. Drinks and cocktails are included and they have a good variety. I drank the local vodka one night and it made me very, very sick, so be careful with that. Beers and wine were fine.

The pool is definitely the best feature of the hotel. Very big and lovely! We never had a problem finding a sun bed. And because of the design of the pool it never feels crowded. During the day they bring you coffee, cold drinks, fruit and snacks around the pool.
Many guest brought airbeds to lay on in the pool, which seemed like a very nice way to chill and cool off. So bring one from home, don’t buy them in the hotel shop, it’s quite expensive! At a 5/10 min walk down the road there is a nice variety of shop with much better prices.

Our room was pretty decent, with a mini bar, safe, tv etc. I’m very fussy about cleanliness but no complaints about our room. However, we had to change rooms the last day, and the other room had a very bad sewage smell and some sketchy brown stains on the curtain.
As mentioned before, the beds are very hard and there is no separate bathroom, so the sink is in the middle of the room. Also keep in mind that the complementary vanity kit is quite limited, and they do not provide you with any shampoo, conditioner or body lotion.
The hotel promised free wifi in the lobby and room, but we never had wifi in our room and in the lobby the wifi was on and off.

The food was decent. The variety and selection could be better, there were not a lot of options if you don’t eat meat or fish. All the vegetable dishes were quite spicy, some plain vegetables would be nice. Desserts were a bit disappointing. Very repetitive and a bit tasteless. We did not got sick, so that was a plus!

Most of the staff members were very friendly, but they speak very little English which makes it difficult to communicate. Some speak German, but also very limited.
The biggest let down was that the medical staff spoke very little to no English. I got a serious leg infection the last night, and luckily there was a doctor on call but it was very hard to communicate so I did not feel safe at all.
I also did not feel like he gave me proper treatment or examination, he did not even check my temperature. I had to undergo IV therapy (in my hotel room) and he came to check up on me the next morning, after that he was nowhere to be found. I was helped by the nurse, who spoke no English at all. My doctor at home also found his treatment very strange and incomplete. Plus the medical bill was very high, so make sure you have a good travel insurance!
I also felt like the hotel staff could be a little bit more helpful. Nobody once asked how I was doing or if everything was oke. When we needed a late check out, because I had to get another I.V. therapy with antibiotics, they told us it was not possible. I had to walk to reception and actually show them the IV in my arm, only then would they give us another room, for extra charge.

Overall our stay was nice, but not outstanding. We loved the pool, the foam party and the outside sunset dinner. But I felt the hotel is missing some personality and a more personal feeling. Some areas, like the lobby felt very lifeless.
We would recommend this hotel for a relaxing stay. If you like to party, or want a very fashionable hotel, this is not for you.
And the medical staff not speaking English was not acceptable for us, we would not return to Sensimar Belek because of that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

As others have already said, I find it difficult to understand the negative reviews for this hotel. I guess that no place is going to please all of the people all of the time.

Our flight was delayed & so we arrived late at night. We were not offered any food but, given that it was 1 AM, we didn't expect it. We were quickly checked in by a friendly, English speaking, receptionist. A porter (also English speaking) then escorted us to our room.

Everything in the room was clean & in good condition. The hotel was built quite recently & everything looked to be quite new.

The pool was fantastic & the hotel's adults only policy made it a haven of peace & tranquillity.
We really liked the food. There was always a massive choice on offer in the buffet which varied quite a bit from day to day. We ate in the a la carte restaurant on one evening & although the menu was quite limited we did like what we had.

It's true that the majority of guests in the hotel are German but I don't see this as in any way a problem. Although some staff spoke very little English, everyone who we met was able to speak some. There was a varied program of events, which are not really our thing but most people seemed to enjoy it.

The beach is pebbles underfoot as you enter the sea (it is sand higher up) but we always wear beach shoes & so it wasn't a problem. There is also the option of entering the sea from a jetty which has steps that go down to the water.

I would say that the two outstanding features of the hotel are the staff who were universally friendly, helpful & attentive, & the spectacular pool which is so large, & in so many different sections, that it never feels crowded.

All in all, it was not quite up to the standard of some places that we have seen in the Caribbean, but then again it was around one third of the price. I would certainly visit again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sensimar Belek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!