“Poor Room and Staff attitude ” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bellis Deluxe Hotel

You added Bellis Deluxe Hotel to your Saves list
Bellis Deluxe Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Tasliburun mevkii, Belek 07500, Turkey (Formerly Iberostar Bellis)   |
Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in Belek
Pretoria, South Africa
“Poor Room and Staff attitude ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

After having some good experiences in Turkey, our luck changed when we visited this place. The snooty and arrogant attitude of the receptionist that checked us in had put us off the place from the start.

To be fair, the rest of the staff that we encountered were great and went out of their way to make us comfortable. The entertainment is fantastic and traveling here with kids should be a great experience. There are lots of activities to keep everyone busy throughout the day and the jazz club & main restaurant serve food all the time - no worries of being hungry here.

The bad - our safe didn't work, even though the bellboy who had helped with our luggage said that he would check on it, we had to go to reception to ask for it to be activated. The bathroom is tiny and the water pressure and temperature is not consistent during a shower - going from cold to scalding hot to lukewarm in a minute. The air conditioner was non existent. The info card from reception was also incorrect with the meal times of the restaurant which left us unable to choose what we wanted for dinner. The restaurant staff whipped up something great though and they deserve a commendation for their efforts.

Due to all of this, we cut our losses and left a day early. Not even a query from reception as to why we wanted to check out a day before we were scheduled to.

I'm glad that we did leave a day early as we extended our stay in Oludeniz which had a fantastic resort in Liberty / Sentido Likya resort. A better option if you're looking for this sort of holiday.

Overall poor first impression of Bellis and I doubt that I will ever return.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just returned from a week at the Bellis and if you have booked this place you are in for a real treat. Fantastic food, great water slides for the kids and nice clean comfortable rooms. The place was just opening up for the season so we used the buffet for food mostly and it is one of the best buffets I've had. This place does their food well. Friendly and helpful staff are always there to help if you need anything. Couldn't fault the place. Also great wifi all over the resort.

Room Tip: Stayed in the family room. Nice big bathrooms and a great shower.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we stayed 1 week in bellis hotel,everythings was great,room was clean and nice,foods , aera,and everythings you magine was great. that is the third time that i came in antalya and im happy for my choice, i suggest this hotel to everyone .

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed there for 1 week , it's not a 5 stars hotel . House keeping and room service during our stay wasn't happend, we said 2 times to the receiption but nobody react .
They just comming and charge our bar . I'm not comming back again .
Also I filled their quetionary for customer satisfaction to show their house keeping .

Stayed March 2015
Mashad, Iran
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

that was great i had best experience there with my husband.that was located in good ares it was calm and cool .the scenery was such a nice one ,the room was clean as well as the transformation was grey.it was awesome

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2015

This is an all-inclusive resort that offers a decent value for money for those who wish to have everything taken care of during their holiday. We stayed for a total of 4 nights and had a pleasant time while we were there (though not without a glitch during our check-in). For ~ 120 euros / night (double room), all meals are included, with the option of paying an extra 10 euros to dine at any of the a la carte restaurants (Steak House or Ikebana). However, the a la carte restaurants are generally closed during winter months and booking at the front desk is essential should guests wish to try the non-buffet menu. The main restaurant serves 4 meals a day (the supper ends at 1 AM) and it's impossible to go hungry while staying at Bellis Deluxe. There's also a patisserie restaurant that serves desserts all day long (until ~ 6 PM).

The hotel has a gym, an indoor pool and a spa. Services at the spa are pretty expensive but guests can bargain for a deal during low season (discounted up to 40%) as the spa is run by a private provider. If guests need to see a doctor during their stay, it costs a 100 euros to bring in the doctor but this doesn't include any consultation / prescription fees. In general, rooms at the hotel are well furnished and well kept. On our first night, we stayed at a standard double room (we paid extra for a room with a direct view of the sea but wasn't given one upon checking in) and was upgraded the following day to a junior suite when we told the front desk about the mismatch. The only problem we had with the hotel was during the check-in process on the night of our arrival. We arrived at around 12 AM after a very long day of travel and was told that there was a problem with our booking (we booked via a third party site and was told that the price quoted was for one person only, even though it clearly stated "double room for two person occupancy" on Booking.com and the hotel's own website). It took a whole hour for the front desk to resolve the issue and by the time we got to our room, it was already 1:30 AM! To say that we were less than pleased is an understatement; not exactly stellar hospitality for a 5 star establishment. So be warned about arriving late!

Our favourite thing about the hotel is the mini zoo that's immaculately kept. The animals look well taken care of and everything was clean. There are even horse riding lessons for equine lovers, and a half an hour ride for one person costs 25 euros.

Pros: Good internet connection throughout the hotel, good meals, nice indoor pool, mini zoo and horses
Cons: Limited entertainment activities during winter months, bikes aren't free to use (you need to rent them)

Room Tip: The junior suite on the west side of the hotel (5th floor) has a wonderful view of the Mediterranean...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2014

Oh how I love this hotel it’s so entertaining. Just when you think they have got the service quality up they do something straight out of a comedy sketch. Service can be terrible! So why the good review? Because it is entertaining.

I have stopped here 3 times and each time I have had something that would drive you crazy but not here, its part of the experience.

Fantastic rooms very nice since the recent refurb, large and spacious.
The rooms are well equipped and the restaurants are very good particularly the Steakhouse.
The new waterpark is great for kids and adults alike and the choice of different pools is great from the lively family pool, where there is always something going on to the more quiet side where you can relax in peace and quiet.

All the bars are great particularly the golf bar who just have the most amazing staff Aysogul & Mehtab always have a smile. However some of the management leave a lot to be desired and I don’t understand where they get the service idea from. I am sorry but a manager should not dress like a tourist and act like they are on vacation and take offence when referred to. The quality of the hotel is unquestionable they just need to nail the customer service.

So I guess a few examples of service woes are in order?

- Told I couldn’t check in as I was a day late and I would have to contact my operator (not what you want to hear after a 18hr flight delay - and I had booked the room direct with the hotel)
- Locked out of my room as I should have checked out (they got the days wrong) when I was eventually let in someone else welcome package waiting for them.
- Lovely new gym equipment god knows why they air con wasn’t sorted in the refurb. Great if you want to lose weight
- Stopped by security every time I tried to come back from the beach and would not let me go any further as I didn’t have my room card (yeah I swim with it in my pocket!) great for piece of mind that security actually works but surely after the 5 days in a row they should recognise guests
-Bar manager actually arguing with paying guests.. The list goes on

Sounds dreadful? But it’s not it’s a great hotel and they make up for it with the positives such as the zoo, riding school, facilities and very friendly staff (with the odd exception). It is great for families and couples etc. If they sort out the few bad eggs and issues it would be a fantastic.. But then again it would lose its quirkiness.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely and will be back this year. If you are a fitness freak try running down the beach as far as the River where the Letoonia is and back it’s a great run early in the morning..

I have stayed at numerous hotels along this bit of coastline such as the Zeugma , Letoonia , Arcadia & Rixos. But I really like this hotel for value for money and holiday quality. One to try!

Room Tip: upgrade to a sea view it realy is worth the extra few pounds
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Been to Bellis Deluxe Hotel? Share your experiences!