We booked this portugese owned hotel for a small mid week break. It is peacefull and set in pretty landscaped gardens. We stayed in suites near the restaurant which are airy and a good size. As mentioned before the bathroom needs tlc, new loo seat etc. but it was of a good size. Large bath to really enjoy a great soak! We booked golf lessons with Robin Wilson, a scottish golf professional who lives near by, he was great!(throuh reception) They also have a tennis court and 3 pools. The spa consists of a turkish steam room and a cold dip pool.
The restaurant serves great dinner. Our dream menu was, pea soup, black pork tenderloin and orangerie desert, absolutely mouth watering! The breakfast, however, is a great disapointment. The coffee is absolutely discusting, bring your own!
Apart from the lack of good coffee and tea the place is great with good service. They will arrange transfer from airport(Faro) and in the summer they will take you to the beach so for a week or less holiday there is no need to rent a car. I would recommend it for that getaway for 2 in peace!
- Also Known As:
- Vila Monte Hotel Moncarapacho
- Vila Monte Hotel
- Vila Monte Moncarapacho
- Vila Monte Resort Portugal/Moncarapacho, Algarve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Algarve´s best kept secret ... Vila Monte is located in the rural Algarve, ten minutes away from the beach and 35km from Spain. Surrounded by lush gardens, Vila Monte offers an exotic atmosphere inspired in the memories left centuries ago by the moors in the Algarve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Splendia, Priceline, Otel, Venere, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Vila Monte Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.