“The best curry outside Glasgow” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dumbarton
“The best curry outside Glasgow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I usually try Indian restaurants when I'm on holiday and am usually disappointed but not this time. The food is fab and the service is very friendly and efficient and it's good value for money. This place is so good I went 3times in my 2week stay in burgau. Thanks and see you next year

Visited September 2013

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Great curry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Lovely meal - we had a takeaway. Not cheap, but great quality. Best curry I have had for quite some time. From what I saw of the inside, it looked nice enough. Friendly helpful staff.

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Can you hear me”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Despite a dodgy mobile line to a restaurant within spitting distance of our summer home we got our order through and Sonny and me were able to collect a great take out for five. Generous portions and a good pickle tray. Very friendly staff and a nice villa come restaurant on the road to Selima. Try it.

Visited August 2013
Wiltshire
“Unexpectedly great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just back from 2 weeks near Burgau and passed the Spice Cottage most days. as other reviewers have said, there are quite a few Indian restaurants dotted around but this was nearest. Called in to order a take away with my father in law, and ended up talking to one of the owners over a nice cold beer on the terrace outside whilst our order was cooked. Originally from the Punjab then London they seem to have a great approach to their customers and have created a lovely restaurant, nothing was a problem, even choices not on the menu, all freshly cooked and we were well looked after whilst waiting. The food itself was spot on in every dish, tasty, well flavoured fresh and a range of spice to satisfy every palate. We were really pleased and can only echo the other reviews on the site. If you're in the area - GO !

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“My hobby horse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I bash on about Indian food regularly on TA. From Benares to Bradford to Bolton to Luton to Manchesters curry mile. I prefer Indian to Bangladeshi.
I prefer style to being bashed into convulsions by chillis.
I want taste, individuality and regional dishes from the chefs home region in India.
Here it's Punjabi via Paddington and its excellent. Curry houses in the Algarve are quite common, and fall well below expectation. The Spice Cottage is out on the road towards Salema. It's a country restaurant and surprising as to its location. It's well loved by residents and rightly so.
Great veg dishes and tender meat with delicate use of spicing to give real elegance to the food.
Good value, the lady of the house a delight and showing a real love for the food produced.
The homemade pistachio kulfi must be tried.
Worth the detour we made to try a curry abroad.
All previous reviews are correct

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere