Quite simply the most inspirational accommodation I have stayed in. The colours and bucolic sounds of silence. Herdade da Matinha offers everything. We so loved our time here (i don't think any length of stay would be long enough!) that we changed our travel itinerary and returned for our last few days in Portugal.
True relaxation, bush walking, yoga, a massage, swimming, great home cooked lunch featuring produce from the farm married to one of Alfredo's fantastic hand picked wines.. A place to really chill out. We broke up our day by the pool by picking fresh figs and apples from the orchid for a snack! The near by beaches are quiet and beautiful. Great waves at St Topes and "secrets" (a tip from Alfredo and Monica's boys whom are keen surfers). Everything about this place is unique and balanced: ticks all our boxes..nature, luxury, culture, food and wine.
We were amazed there is 20 rooms as you don't ever feel like you are sharing property with other guests. Everything has been spread out and there is plenty of space (aside from you room) to hang out. Infact there is a rambling selection of beautiful designed rooms in the main house to explore, a library worth of coffee table books to read, games room, piano, artworks to appreciate, outdoor daybeds..wow!
Come dinner time, the jazz is turned up in the main house and it is time to settle into a daily changing menu created by the talented and helpful chef Paola. The food was exceptional on all occasions.
Our room was wonderful, both times we stayed. Sonia was most helpful, gracious and charming with helping us tailor our stay. We can't wait to return. Thank you for creating the magic and sharing it!
- Also Known As:
- Herdade Da Matinha Hotel Cercal Do Alentejo
- Herdade Da Matinha Portugal/Alentejo - Cercal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Herdade da Matinha is a country house in the middle of the nature in Alentejo, very close to the beach. We have 20 rooms (7 classic double rooms, 8 romantic rooms, 3 familiar rooms, 2 suites). A place for relaxation and rejuvenation, Herdade Da Matinha is surrounded by old oak trees. Start the day with breakfast in bed or on the covered veranda. Meals are prepared by the owner and feature farmhouse breads and cheeses, as well as renowned Portuguese wines. Sample local specialities made with homegrown, organic vegetables.Spend time exploring the area on horseback. Alternatively, you can soak up sun while relaxing next to Herdade Da Matinha outdoor pool.The entire building is kept in white, earthy tones, with comfortable seating areas inviting you to take it easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Herdade da Matinha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.