“Great place but needs to work on maintenance” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bellevue Manila

Save Saved
You added The Bellevue Manila to your Saves list
The Bellevue Manila
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   North Bridgeway, Filinvest Corporate City | Alabang, Muntinlupa, Luzon 1781, Philippines   |
Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Muntinlupa
Quezon City
“Great place but needs to work on maintenance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed at The Bellevue Manila for my friend's wedding. Since i'm from the "far north" I decided to check in with another friend and at the same time, plan out a mini bachelorette party for the bride to be. Booked via Agoda so we got it for a bargain and in all fairness, check in went smoothly. We got the room from the main wing, my friend (the bride to be) was on the tower wing... Our room was pretty average but not bad at all but my friend's suite was really nice. I was pretty worried though about the room since I could hear banging from another floor / room (probably because of the renovations) and we really don't want to bother other guests checked in the hotel with our little party. Surprisingly, nobody called to complain (which i'm thankful of course) and housekeeping was really generous with providing a big bucket of ice for our drinks ^_^
When our other friends left after the party, my friend and i noticed that our room isn't getting cold. Tried adjusting the thermostat and eventually it became a little cooler but it didn't last for long since i keep on waking up with sweat all over my neck (found out that my friend experienced this as well). As to why we didn't bother calling housekeeping to report about the aircon, we don't know why hahaha... but my point is, i think they should've tested out if everything is working properly before handing over the keys to their guests, right?
when we finally had it [aircon] checked, we were about to check out anyway :) oh and we were allowed late check out sooo yay for that ^_^
another incident where bellevue needs to work on their maintenance was when during reception (bellevue grand ballroom) as we were lined up for the buffet, the aircon from the ceiling leaked and it landed on my friends plate >_<

so before i end this review, i'd like to commend the staff because they were very quick with their work. and buffet staff were really nice ^_^ i was looking for mangoes on the fruit spread but they're not serving, the waiter asked if i was looking for something and asked for mangoes. he asked if i wanted some and i said yes so he got me two sliced of really sweet mangoes <3 yay for that again...

sooo... anyway, place would've been perfect if it weren't for some issues on their maintenance and a reaaally bad experience with Jing Monis salon, but that's another story :)

Room Tip: If you could get a room from the tower wing, get it since they have newer rooms there :)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
thebellevuehotels, Executive Assistant at The Bellevue Manila, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Ms. Nijen,

Thank you for going out of your way to write this review about your recent stay at The Bellevue Manila. It is through customer feedback that we are able to further improve our services and facilities.

We are glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. We have discussed with our Team your feedback on the maintenance issues that we need to address.

Your commendation to our staffs who went out of their way to provide the best service is our biggest compliment.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to The Bellevue Manila.

Warnest regards,

Roland Galano
Resident Manager

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Indonesian first
Manila
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Buffet was fair and rooms are so-so but am EXTREMELY UPSET as housekeeping made away with my Havaianas. I'm positive they were stolen as I checked in with my three best friends and none of us had it in our bags. Very disappointed. Nothing worse than dishonest staff. Can't be trusted.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
thebellevuehotels, Executive Assistant at The Bellevue Manila, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Ms Pauline,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback about your stay at The Bellevue Manila. We are sorry to hear about your missing Havaianas and we take your feedback very seriously. We have referred the matter to the respective departments for investigation. If you want to further discuss the matter, please feel free to get in touch with me at Tel 7718181 local 8104 or email me at rgalano@thebellevue.com.

We hope this experience does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Roalnd Galano Jr
Resident Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel to atttend a conference and this hotel is one of the top 5 places i have stayed. I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. The hotel was very clean.Room was nice. The hotel staff was GREAT, every staff member that I ran into they greeted me even down to the cleaning ladies as I was waiting for the elevator down. I also have to speak about Chiquei Quiatchon (Guest Services), I have never been in Manila and did not know where anything was, Chiquei helped me everytime. She was so nice. She was so nice greeted me by name everytime I walked in and out! She made my experience much better being that I was from out of country.she is my nominee for the best front desk girl for 2012.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Paranaque City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Checked in using tripadvisor and got a good deal on a tower wing deluxe room. Room is spacious, especially good for a family with kids. We booked a tower wing so we'll be a few floors from the pool. The pool area is great for lounging with family and friends. Food is great at the pool side, the variety is ok especially when you have kids. We will definitely come back for another weekend getaway.

• Stayed December 2012
Surrey, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here for a period of 5 nights. It was a convenient location to get into work for Laguna and avoid the extra 20 minutes commute from Makati.

The hotel provides you with wifi, breakfast buffet, a free welcome drink and pool use. The wifi connectivity was reliable. The breakfast buffet was limited, if compared to the buffet provided by the Shangrila hotels. One morning, I was briefly asked to provide feedback on the taste of food.

I can't fault this hotel, apart from the air-conditioning unit that was hard to find the correct temperature and the noise it made. The pillows were also uncomfortable.

The staff was very attentive and will always remember Camino (security guard) and Jonell (room attendant). We mistakenly first arrived at the back door entrance of the hotel to be greeted warmly by Camino. He was helpful with our queries and requirements. . From a brief conversation, I found out that the hotel takes the safety of their guests seriously by noting down the number of any taxis that are hailed for guests. Jonell had kindly written me a note about my over-riped/inedible fruit and check if it was OK to throw it out. The room was always clean.

I stayed in a room in the main wing and had a corner view, which allowed for views over Alabang and Laguna Bay. Scenic.

My room had a small kitchen area, good sized television and the bathroom had a separate shower and bathtub. I was also impressed with the complete set of toiletries provided.

The pool area in the new tower wing was comfortable. It provided group seating in sofas, as well as sun loungers. There was a lovely breeze, but proved noisy as there was construction going on next door.

The hotel provides a free shuttle bus in the nearby malls of Festival Mall and Alabang Town Centre (ATC).

Overall, I would rate this hotel a strong 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: Corner room to provide multiple views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Bellevue Manila is a well run 500 room hotel in Alabang, South of Manila. With the opening of the Skyway from Makati it only takes you 15 minutes to get to this huge hotel in the business center of the south. Well appointed rooms (5 star), luxurious lobby, above average buffet in their coffee shop. Excellent cleanliness all over including the basement parking. Service can be improved.

Room Tip: A very good place to stay when in the Alabang area.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel staff are always focused on guest comfort. Had to spend a day working out of the hotel. The poolside seating had comfort as well as facility to sit in a group and discuss, rather than a formal meeting room setting.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Bellevue Manila? Share your experiences!