“Unbelievably thin walls! Don't ever honeymoon here!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Acacia Hotel Manila

You added Acacia Hotel Manila to your Saves list
Acacia Hotel Manila
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   East Asia Drive corner Commerce Avenue | Filinvest Corporate City, Alabang, Muntinlupa, Luzon, Philippines (Formerly Acacia Grove Hotel)   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Muntinlupa
“Unbelievably thin walls! Don't ever honeymoon here!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I received a Gift Card to stay at Acacia Hotel from a friend. I was quite excited since this hotel is just a stone's throw away from where I live and I was intrigued when the hotel opened but never found the time to check it out. So, the 2 night weekend stay was, to say the least, welcome. Staff is prompt, articulate and polite. Room size is fair--definitely not small, with furnishings not over the top. What was VERY SURPRISING though were the VERY THIN WALLS separating the rooms! We could literally hear the tv of our neighbors on our left side, the Japanese businessmen (?) on the room to our right, and the bridal shower party 2 rooms across ours! So, sleep and relaxation were very hard to come by! We ended up ordering very late night room service which in all fairness, although it took about 45 minutes, was very delicious. I also noticed the bathroom architecture was NOT WELL PLANNED. The glass doors to the shower do not swing outwards, because they would hit the toilet bowl, so they swing inwards and it is quite hard to step out from the shower. Also, the bathroom floor outside the shower gets so soaked! A lot of the requests from housekeeping (extra shower gels, shampoo & towels) took quite a while, I'm not sure why. We didnt get to eat at the hotel's outlets since we decided to head for the restaurants across the hotel at Westgate. Acacia Hotel is conveniently located beside a large supermarket, and is a 5 minute walk to Alabang Town Center and Festival Supermall. There are various eateries/restaurants outside the hotel to choose from. If youre looking for a place to relax and get away from it all,this hotel might not be for you. It's a good thing I live so near, I could have opted to go home on the first night alone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
acaciahotelmanila, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this review, February 4, 2013

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced during your stay with us. Thank you as well for your constructive feedback. This will help us in pinpointing the areas that we would need to improve on.

Rest assured that we have taken steps to improve our services and facilities. We are confident that we will surely provide better quality service and enhanced amenities as we continue to be committed to providing you and all of our guests with the highest standards of service in the industry.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in Acacia Hotel Manila very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Tarlac,Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We recently held our National Conference in this hotel. The hotel is basically new. Rooms are spacious and clean. Though,I felt they were undermanned due to the number of employees we had. I believe that they excelled in providing good customer service from the bell service,concierge,house keeping and waiters in the restaurant. Conference rooms were ok though very cold. Food was also very good. I highly recommend this hotel to business meetings,conventions and conference.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for taking the time to submit a wonderful review! We are particularly glad to hear that our associates have provided excellent customer service to ensure that you had a pleasant stay.

We look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the near future.
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed overnight on Christmas Eve. We stayed in the Junior Suite. We were really happy with the room. Clean and cozy. The toilet was huge, with tub and shower. I also loved scent of the lotion. There was also a receiving area, so people at the door wont see the bed. A few things we noticed though, one is a pillowcase was not changed, may have been missed. Second, breakfast was not that impressive. Third, the parking garage was smelling garbage, may need to work on the ventilation. Nevertheless, I would still come back and stay in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! We would also like to thank you for your candid comments. We feel that such feedback is vital in identifying our areas for improvement. Rest assured that we will look into it and take action where needed.
Calamba, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed recently for a Business Meeting. Hotel is modern and stylish with spacious rooms. Floors are fully carpeted. Rooms are equipped with complete supply of toiletries, hairdryer, flat iron, slippers. It's also near malls and supermarket, restaurant and coffee shops. All foods served to us also tastes superb. My stay in Acacia was an excellent experience. I will recommend this hotel and will stay again with my family in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! We strive to provide the best in terms of service and facilities to all our guests.

We are excited to unveil new developments soon and we hope to welcome you back to experience the new amenities.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was looking for a couple of night hotel stay in Alabang area as our place in Portofino is crowded with guests from overseas and I need some peace and quiet so I thought, I 'd look for a hotel that is nearby so that when the family goes around , they can just take pick me up and go to places for dinner or drinks. My best friend recommended Acacia Hotel. The hotel isn't very impressive from the outside as the facade is just so simple, like an ordinary office building but the inside is so modern and the staff makes it even more welcoming. They were warm and helpful and she guest relation officer helped me checked in and attended to me personally till I reached my room. She also gave me a good rate as a Balikbayan and the room was impressive like a 5star hotel in the center of Manila. I love the breakfast spread although, there were lots of choices in terms of restaurants as this hotel is also surrounded a walking distance away from the Alabang Shopping Mall and Town Center. But if you need to commute publicly, it is a little bit hard to get a taxi outside but the good thing is the concierge is always willing to help you book a taxi. I will recommend this hotel anytime and will definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
acaciahotelmanila, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Madame,

Warm greetings!

Thank you very much for taking time to post this review and for such kind words. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel is continuously working on improving its facilities and services to best serve our guests and show that genuine Filipino hospitality that we are proud of.

Again, thank you very much. We look forward to welcoming you back at Acacia Hotel Manila.

Melbourne, Australia
1,388 reviews 1,388 reviews
3,152 helpful votes 3,152 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This hotel looked unimpressive, like an Australian public Housing Commission block of flats slightly updated from the 1960s to 2013 outside.

However once we stepped in to the impressive, attractive foyer and were immediately offered a welcome drink and checked in quickly, I thought that we'd be in for a good stay.

There are four lifts. We never had to wait long for one.

The airconditioned hallways are decorated in an attractive bown-black carpet, a theme that is continued into the rooms.

The bedroom had a high but very, very comfortable bed with excellent quality linen, along with a modern television, a fluro desk lamp, a great view of Filinvest Corporate City and in the distance Laguna de Bay, while there was no street noise whatsover.

A most impressive range of toiletries were provided. The bathroom had a generously sized clean and white beath and a large shower with rainhead outlet, while the handbasin was satisfactory. Water presuure was excellent.

The only problem that I encountered was that after havinbg a bath, the bathroom intermittently smelt with a sewer like odour indicating a drainage problem (not that I would really know, of course). The smell did not go into the bedroom.

All the fittings were of high quality extending to a bigger than usual Guardian room safe and a roomy wardrobe along with good bedside lighting controls.

A very generous selection of quality toiletries were supplied on each night I was there.

The lap pool on the third floor was excellent being about 150 centimetres high throughout. It was very clean and chlorinated to the right extent. There is a small nearby area with artifical green 'turf' that is used (as it was one night) for small functions.

Breakfast in the spectacular, high ceilinged main dining area with its comfortable seating was tremendous: a great variety of nuts to spread on cereal (including pistachios and almonds) along with Japanese sushi and sushimi, smoked salmon, an egg station where one could enjoy a freshly cooked omelette and Filipino foods, along with a reasonable range of yoghurts and about six different fresh fruit juices. On our last day, I was there at 0550 (early) and was surrounded by Korean guests rushing for a fairly early flight back home.

The hotel provided free fruit on our second night along with two small pieces of chocolate cake.

The hotel is a five to eight minute walk to Festival Supermall and a 15 to 20 minute walk to Alabang Town Center mall (I did both) while Westhub is across the road (well almost).

The hotel shuttle conveyed us early in the morning (being quickly arranged) for free to Alabang - Zapote Road where I declined a fixed rate P700 taxi to NAIA Airport, instead hailing a street taxi for P400 and getting to the airport in under half an hour. Later in the morning at 0800 this might however take an hour or more thanks to traffic congestion.

Staff were uniformly pleasant. On one night I was there, the hotel was at 78 per cent occupanmcy which is impressive given that it is only a year old.

I may well return, it was so good.

Room Tip: Choose a higher numbered room (say ---7 and above) to be away from the lifts.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
acaciahotelmanila, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this review, January 15, 2013

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for the wonderful review about our hotel! We are pleased to hear that our facilities and level of service have gone beyond your expectations. We would also like to thank you for your honest feedback with regards to the en suite bathroom. We shall look into the matter and take preventive measures.

We look forward to welcoming you back once again.
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I had a great time with my family at the Acacia Hotel. The rooms are impeccable, the interiors are tastefully done, the lobby is very impressive and the buffet, fantastic.

Above all, the service is a cut above the rest. The great Filipino hospitality is echoed by its staff- from the guards, bellboys, attendants, receptionists, etc. etc. They serve weclome drinks upon arrival and probably that's something that maybe only a few hotels do.

By the way, they also serve drinks (at no cost), when you take a dip in their pool. :)

I look forward to another vacation at Acacia...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! Such glowing reviews serve as motivation for all our associates to be able to provide the best service to all of our guests.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Been to Acacia Hotel Manila? Share your experiences!