This was our third stay at this Resort, we have always been happy with the resort and will go back again. The gardens are beautiful, there is a very nice good sized pool and comfortable sun lounges and very friendly staff. There are refurbished rooms on the ocean front but these are quite expensive, the other rooms are older but comfortable. The tap ware in the bathrooms could do with some attention they are very jolty and it is difficult to get the water in the “over bath” shower running at a good temperature as the hot water is very hot.
This is a large hotel and often hosts conferences, however this generally does not bother other guests and the attendees are in the conference rooms most of the day and well away from the holiday guests. Unfortunately during our stay this time there was an American yoga group of around 50 people staying who had a yoga session from 7am to 9am and then stormed the restaurant and pool area for the remainder of the day with NO consideration for the other guests, fortunately they only stayed for 2 days.
The cost of the breakfast has increased since our last visit and the selection on the buffet was disappointing. Limited choices in the Western selection and virtually only two in the selection of local food, both being mushy vegetables.
We would have liked to dine in at The Garpu Restaurant however it is too expensive which is a pity because being able to stay in the hotel some nights would be nice. There is a good selection of restaurants in Candidasa most of which are excellent, if you are going to Bali to shop Candidasa is not for you as the shopping is very limited. Unfortunately the Spa is also very overpriced on Bali standards, but Andre Spa, 2 locations in Candidasa is highly recommended.
We love Candidasa and will go back again and stay at this resort, despite the couple of negatives it is a nice relaxing place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rama Candidasa Resort & Spa is located in the east of Bali, in the heart of the Candidasa district. With private beach frontage and a beach terrace above, the resort offers tranquility, ocean breezes, and a romantic atmosphere for nature lovers. Accommodations are artistically furnished and decorated with contemporary Balinese décor and modern facilities, and secluded balconies offering views over the ocean, pool, or garden.The natural serenity of being set amongst, mountains, rice fields and ocean, that offers the ultimate peace and tranquility. Whether you want shopping, activity ; such as diving, snorkeling and yoga, or just relaxing and daydreaming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Rama Candidasa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rama Candidasa Hotel Candidasa
- Rama Candidasa Resort And Spa
- Rama Candidasa Resort & Spa Bali