We checked in with our friends and expected to be located next to or across from as we were in 216 and they in 218. No.. we were two rows away from them. On entering our Deluxe Garden Bungalow we noticed the distinct smell of raw sewerage and on flushing the loo had actual sewerage come up the drain. The stench was unbelievable. When we called reception to request a change of room we were told they could bring deoderiser but they were full and could not give us another room. So suffer it we did with the promise of a change and an upgrade to a Jnr suite the next day. But alas except for a room 4 flights up they had nothing. One more night with the stench and now a dripping ceiling it was looking like a great entry in to the New Year.
On NY eve we were moved to a Jnr Deluxe Suite with water views and just up from the pool.
I think it was no surprise to the reception staff that this room had an issue; hence the strong smell of deoderiser on entry when we arrived.to the room on the 1st day.
Actually the whole resort has some sort of plumbing problem because when the wind dropped there was always a distinct smell of raw sewerage anywhere you were in the resort,
I wouldn't recommend for a long stay. A night on your way somewhere else maybe but not for your entire vacation.
I have been travelling to Bali for over 30 years and this is the first time I have been unhappy enough to write a negative comment.
Also when ordering cocktails from the bar they were definitely watered down. We tried everything on the menu and weren't even tipsy - that was evidence enough for me
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rama Candidasa Resort & Spa is located in the east of Bali, in the heart of the Candidasa district. With private beach frontage and a beach terrace above, the resort offers tranquility, ocean breezes, and a romantic atmosphere for nature lovers. Accommodations are artistically furnished and decorated with contemporary Balinese décor and modern facilities, and secluded balconies offering views over the ocean, pool, or garden.The natural serenity of being set amongst, mountains, rice fields and ocean, that offers the ultimate peace and tranquility. Whether you want shopping, activity ; such as diving, snorkeling and yoga, or just relaxing and daydreaming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Rama Candidasa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rama Candidasa Hotel Candidasa
- Rama Candidasa Resort And Spa
- Rama Candidasa Resort & Spa Bali/Candi Dasa