“Mr. Klarenbeek” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bambu Divers

Bambu Divers
Jl Raya Candidasa Karangasem | Pondok Bambu Dive Resort, Candidasa, Karangasem, Bali 80811, Indonesia
+62 363 41534
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Candidasa
More attraction details
Owner description: Your dream holidays and diving in Bali. Dream holidays? Diving holidays? Visit us in Bali, Indonesia on the island of Gods and of the thousand temples. Dive with us and get excited by art, culture, beaches, green hills, rice terraces and volcanoes of Bali! The island Bali, East of Java, measures almost 5.500 Square kilometers and offers a lot of sights and activities. No matter if you want to dive, snorkel or just relax. Pondok Bambu Sea Side Bungalows and our dive resort Bambu Divers are just perfect for these opportunities. The great house reefs and Indonesia's top dive sites like, Gili Mimpang, Gili Tepekong, Blue Lagoon, Tulamben with the Libertywreck, Amed, Nusa Penida, and many more locations will fill you with enthusiasm. Great reefs, unbelievable colors, manta rays and mola mola (oceanic sun fish) and one of the best diving areas for nudibranches, critters and all other kinds of macro life. Photographers get worth for their money, under, as well as above water. Diving in Bali means to dive at some of the best dive spots in the world. You find Bambu Divers in Candidasa, East Bali the center of all the famous dive sites in Bali at: Pondok Bambu Seaside Bungalows Jalan Raya Candidasa Candidasa 80811 Bali, Indonesia.
“Mr. Klarenbeek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

After all these years thinking about diving I have finally made the step to do it.. Thanks to the wonderful staff at bambu divers it was an experience never to forget. I have completed my course and can now dive all over the world.
The equipment is all brand new as is the boat.
All in all a great experience.

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Outstanding dive school @ great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Me and my friend were introduced to diving by Hans, the chief diving instructor and owner of Bambu Divers. His easy going but very knowledgable attitude made for a relaxed and confident first dive. On my first scuba dive ever I had the chance to see turtle, white tips and a myriad of colorful sea creatures which surpassed my expectations.
They use equipment which is held in excellent condition, and they drive the fastest diving boat on the east coast.
If you're in doubt where to go, go see Hans at Bambu Divers. You will not be disappointed.

Visited December 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 attraction reviews
“Great and professional outfit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Drove past on the way to tulamben, and decided just to stop and do a dive in candidsa. Saw a dive shop along the road and stopped. It was Bambu Divers and it was a good decision.

It cost USD65 to do two dives at 3 rocks, inclusive of boat and guide. The guide was very professional.

Although I used my own equipment, I saw their equipment were fairly new aqualung and of good quality. They also had emergency oxygen and first aid kit on the small boat. The boat had two outboard motors (saw some other outfit only had one). There were lots of things to see on the dive, sharks, rays, turtles, eels, snakes...etc.

What a great outfit.

Visited December 2013
Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
“great (dive) experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I accidentally met Hans (the owner) on the beach. He offered me an introduction dive, if I wanted to. He's a relaxed guy and finds it important that joy ánd safety are on first place when diving at his school. All during the teaching of the basics, doing the first dive and waiting for the second, his relaxed attitude and passion for diving made me feel good about it and enjoy my first dive a lot!
Luckily for me I was the only guest diver at the moment, so there was a lot of time and attention for me. Which came in handy as with the first dive there were problems with my goggles. With his help I was able to keep my calm, and therefore my great dive experience. He kept on pointing it out that it's my holiday and that I need to have fun and he insists on a great and complete experience for all his guests.
We went to the blue lagoon at padangbai where he showed me an unbelievable amount of beautiful fish! It was really awesome and if I ever return to Candidasa I will definitely come for a dive again!
Besides Hans relaxed and professional attitude, the personnel is also very good and so is the material used. The prawn he made to go diving is also worth mentioning as it is the biggest I've ever seen. So no need to drive to a dive spot, just jump on the massive prawn and turn on the 80hp! :)

Visited September 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Fun, professional and flexible. Awesome dive school!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We wanted to do our Open Water Diving Course in Bali, and got Bambu Divers recommended by friends. Hans was our instructor, and we couldn't have asked for a better one. He takes all the time you need to get used to everything, combines the serious aspects with humour so it doesn't get boring or too serious.
On the day that we were supposed to dive, one of us got sick. Hans made no problem out of it, even though he had all the diving equipment ready, and we could reschedule to when we were both better so that we could dive together.

The diving spots are very beautiful. We went to the Blue Lagoon, Jepun and Drop Off. After our visit to the Gili's, we are definitely coming back to Bambu Divers for more diving!

Visited September 2013