“Absolute paradise - Candi Beach Cottages” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candi Beach Cottage

You added Candi Beach Cottage to your Saves list
Candi Beach Cottage
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mendira Beach | Sengkidu, Candi Dasa, Karangasem, Bali 80033, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Candi Dasa
Birkerod, Denmark
“Absolute paradise - Candi Beach Cottages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We found this paradise on Hotesl.com. and at first we thought that there was something wrong, given that a 15 days stay for 4 adults was priced very resonably. But not at all: This vacation spot is absolute paradise for both couples and families, who want's the feeling of being very welcome in beautful surroundings, and with a sincere wish to make your vacation the best you had in years.
We started out in the regular cottages, which are placed in a well groomed garden. Rooms are not so big, but with tasteful decor and wonderful beds. The last pat of the vacation we spent in the newly built pool villa's which are an experience of it's own. You are spoiled with a private pool, garden gazebo, and luxuriously designed interior with among other things, - a bathroom that needs to be seen.

Staff are very service minded, and on site you will also find a Spa with a variety of nice treatments.

We bought the stay with half board, - and that is the only tiny catch in relation to the stay. It gets rather boring after 5 days, with a set menu with no changes.
However - near by tiny restaurants (and very cozy) Lu Putu and Padang Keceg fully meets the need for some culinary variety. And if you want a treat - go to Candidasa and enjoy Vincent's Restaurant. Food is magnificent, and drivers will pick you up at the hotel, and drop you off Again after dinner.

We had our first stay in Bali here at Candi Beach Cottages, but we are sure we will come back to both. Do your self the favour and check it out :-)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is a nice hotel with comfortable rooms and a nice view. The service is wonderful and the staff are all very friendly. I also found it a little isolated and farther from the airport than I first thought. If you want to eat elsewhere or see other sites, you'll probably need to hire a car unless you rented your own transport. The hotel can arrange this and the prices aren't too bad, but they do add up if you're staying a while. We were there 6 nights. The pools are nice but the beach is protected by a breakwater so if you want to play in the surf or go scuba diving, you'll need to go elsewhere. There are some good options for this but again you'll need transport. We went diving with Ange Beens from Bali-Bubble and had a great experience leaving from Padong Bai down the road. The food here is very good and the breakfast buffet is a total feast. Wine and cocktails can be a little pricey, but this is not unusual anywhere in Bali. Overall I would recommend this hotel if you are seeking tranquility and/or a quiet romantic interlude.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was really looking forward to this hotel and then was really disappointed. First, they advertise it as a beautiful cottage like hotel and that is not how it felt. We asked for the deluxe cottage and got this VERY tiny room and then got an upgrade to a just tiny room. The hotel needs an update, the furniture is worn out and the doors are really loud to the point I wouldn't close the door when I went to the bathroom at night as it took a big slam to get it closed and it would wake my partner if I did. The food was mediocre and the service was ok. It rained and I slipped on the marble stairs and fell badly bruising my leg and tailbone and no one stopped to ask if I was okay or anything. I was at least expecting someone to check if I was okay, but no one did and my boyfriend helped me get inside. There is no caution signs, no non-slip rugs, nothing to prevent accidents like this. I enjoyed the two pools and how the second pool overlooked the ocean and I appreciated the beach area made in the hotel grounds as the ocean shore was very rocky. However, the location is quite far from town and I think they should offer a free shuttle (instead of paying $5 for a cab in and out of the hotel, especially if you're escaping 3 times a day for meals).

The one thing that just irked me about this hotel is the NOISE. The hotel advertises a quiet place to relax and getaway but they held a conference (and the people didn't even stay at the hotel!) where people came in at 6 in the MORNING off a bus chanting and cheering and playing music that did not stop until 11pm. This is fine, I'm all up for a good time but I would have appreciated a warning that the hotel was going to be over run by people and with noise. I believe that you should be more concerned with your guests experience than that of a conference of people who will not be using your services. If you have unhappy guests, they won't return. I definitely will not be.

I don't mean to complain, I just want to make sure you know what you're getting into. It is a quaint little place that is outdated. HOWEVER, they are currently building a new part of the hotel and plan on renovating the rest so maybe once it is done it will fix some of the issues we had with our stay. I don't think we would return to this hotel or to Candidasa.

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here make sure to request a room in the newer section of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Candi Beach Cottages provides comfortable accommodation in a pleasant garden setting, my room an ocean view one- most relaxing-The pools are age aproppriate and a pleasure- the staff are delightful- but training really lacking-r food is definitely not good enough & overpriced, in house massages not a patch on those at the local White Sandy beach, where one can relax, enjoy a skillful massage $5.00 1/2 hr- beach shack cafés provide simple fresh food often the catch of the day from local fisherman- two local restaurants good - LeZat tables over looking the sea, delicious papaya salad, excellent sates fresh fish- Vincents- again gorgeous attentive staff, good food, beautiful Garden setting. however my checkout from Candi Beach was unfortunate - charged for many international calls when in fact made just three. I had asked reception if they could try for me, and helpfully they did- pointing out quite clearly the international lines were blocked therefore NO calls could get through. When i calmly explain ed this to reception at checkout, , still,, after consulting with their manager, Mr S... They were insistent on charging me for unmade attempted calls- rather than argue i paid the final bill and just as i was in the car to drive to the AirPort, luggage loaded, i am requested to get out of car, go back to reception where a ridiculous discussion took place over a suspected unpaid bill for a can of Sprite from the mini bar. This may sound like nitpicking or complaints from a capricious traveller, but they pride themselves on service, and that attention to detail marred an otherwise lovely experience. Candidasa is a mixed bag, some local trips like the Water Palace quite peaceful outing- but the area itself is changing- very little beachfront, a sense of "progress on the march", but something a little missing. I guess us tourists are both the problem & the solution for the lovely spiritual warm engaging Balinese.

• Stayed June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

On arrival we upgraded to a Pool Villa with our 9 and 3 year old children. Reception staff were most accommodating.
Lovely location and beautifully equipped villa. Downside is the food is not very good and overpriced. Breakfast was fine and usual fair. Service was a little lacking and could be improved.the two massages I had were really bad...stay away!
I went down the beach to Amarta and had a great massage from Negen for less than half the price of the hotel.
Recommend hiring a car. White Sandy Beach is a great beach with good massages and fresh lovely food.
Recommend Le Zet and Vincent's in town for a lovely meal.

Stayed July 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Candi Beach Hotel for three nights during our honeymoon. We were given what the staff members said the best room. It is facing the ocean and gardens. It's like having the ocean, garden, and pool at our front-yard.

Breakfast was varied and delicious; I couldn't complain about it. The romantic dinner was delicious and in generous portion. The trip to the white sand beach was pleasing, as well as the lunch at the rice field. The view was great.

They have sunbeds lined up along their beach line, which are only steps away from either the ocean or the infinity pool.

The staff were overall helpful and nice. I left my wristwatch and realized it in our trip to the next hotel. The staff delivered the watch to one of its hotel group in Kuta and we picked it there.

What the hotel could work on was the sugar making tour, which I found was poorly prepared. They only showed us a picture of the process, a woman stirring the ingredients, and the rest is story telling.

The other one was when three hotel staff entered my room at around 7 PM when I was sleeping using the back-up keys. The receptionist said they make-up guest rooms twice, including the one in the evening. They should've informed the guests about this.

The room is a little bit outdated, but then I wouldn't spend much time in my room with the ocean and pool in front of it. Sleeping with sound of waves at the background is amazing.

It's a shame though we didn't get the chance to use the complimented canoeing and snorkeling activities.

Would love to get back there if I have the opportunities.

Room Tip: Choose room 620, or pick the private pool room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed in one of the new ocean-view pool villas, the quality of which merit 5 stars. The staff was also very friendly, and we appreciated the honeymoon welcome package, as well as the daily afternoon tea and cake brought to our villa. The restaurant is a bit dated, but the hotel is currently finishing work on a new one.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
CandiBeach, ECommerce at Candi Beach Cottage, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear GreatTrips79,

Thank you for your recent feedback about Candi Beach Resort & Spa.

We thank you for such a lovely feedback as it is important to us. It shows that we are doing the right thing and will help us strive even more.

If you ever have any inquiry about our resort, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly. We wish to see you again in the future.

Wishing you well and have a nice day.

Kind regards,

Candi Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Candi Beach Cottage? Share your experiences!