“Glad I made this choice!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Candi Beach Cottage

You added Candi Beach Cottage to your Saves list
Candi Beach Cottage
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mendira Beach | Sengkidu, Candidasa, Karangasem, Bali 80033, Indonesia   |
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Candidasa
Doha, Qatar
“Glad I made this choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at Candi Beach Cottage in March for my Honeymoon & I would definitely recommend this property for its serene settings and relaxation. Pick up was arranged by Hotel and the room provided was the best on the property with breathtaking coastal views direct from the window. The Honeymoon package was well prepared & it gave as an opportunity to experience the peaceful side of Bali. A picnic lunch arranged by the hotel within a rice paddy on the hilltop was a delightful experience.
Mr. Surya was extremely helpful in arranging all our schedules and even helped arrange guided tours to the Dolphin lodge and Legian beach.
Food was a bit of an issue with not enough spicy food for our taste. There were ants all over the property, even crawling in the rooms, which we felt could have been taken care of better by the hotel management. One more thing that I would really recommend to the management is to ensure better lighting at night especially towards the beach side as it may be hazardous. Also some lights surrounding the outside of the property towards the road would be beneficial.
Overall it was a wonderful experience and would certainly recommend it to honeymooners! Thank you for making my visit memorable.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean...especially cottage # 260 is undoubtedly the best on the property
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IBP_Gustu, Guest Relations Manager at Candi Beach Cottage, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear tahalavi,

First of all thank you for your comment and your advice, we certainly appreciate it very much. these issues have been brought to all department to take an act immediately.

We do apologize for it, this is really make us felt guilty, since this is not necessarily happen, if we were all more responsive , especially during wet season, however thank you for your kindness thoughts.

Hopefully that you will be back to Bali and stay with us.
we look forward to your next visit.

With best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I traveled to Candidasa in April 2013 with my wife and one year old son. The hotel arranged for pick up from the airport at a cost of 120,000 INRP ($12) each way and the trip took approx. 2 hours. The hotel was under construction and because of this they gave a free buffet dinner to all guests. The construction was VERY minimal in terms of being an eye sore and we were never bothered once by any of the noise that it was causing.
The staff was great and overly friendly and willing to do everything to make your stay that much more enjoyable.
Food was great at the hotel, big buffet breakfast and dinner and prices were very reasonable for most drinks and other food items. I would suggest that you buy beer outside of the resort as the prices are almost double of what you would buy at a store in town.
The grounds were immaculate and were constantly being groomed. Beautiful gardens and grass lawns and two pools that were gorgeous with great views of the sea. The resort didnt really have a beach other than a small strip of man made beach that overlooked the sea. There is a beach but with the tides fluctuating it is not somewhere you would want to spend time on. We were able to rent snorkeling equipment and snorkel right in front of the hotel seeing lots of marine life.
If you want a spot away from the action of Kuta then this is a great place to go.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear JoeyScott,

Thank you for your nice comments, this is part of our future success
we keep trying to deliver the best hospitality to all our guest, to ensure they have such a nice memories during their stay at our hotel, all your nice comments have been passed on to all staff. we do hope that you will come back soon to Bali and stay with us.

Thank you once again and looking forward to your next visit in the near future.

Denpasar, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I found another nice place to stay in Candi Dasa from online booking. I was really beautiful bungalow. The beach just about a few steps away, that you can enjoy the view, playing on the beach, or just get wet. The Ocean breeze was very warm and soft,,, Also the staff, they give the smile always everyday. Breakfast also nice with ocean view. The room was very clean, i can't say anything about this place. The location is easy to find, with some restaurant in the corner. You can arrange the snorkeling or diving with local services. I think they have a good one, you can ask the staff about that, but mostly, i like very much this place....

Dear jaysuarjaya,

Thank you for your nice comments, we appreciate it very much.

Our Hotel location a bit remote from the city frenzied, it would be nice for those who are very busy in their daily activities, lay down beside of our infinity pool, a very tranquil place, just the waves and the sea breeze will add to the atmosphere romantic if you are staying in our hotel. Hopefully you could share your experienced with your Family, friend and colleagues and encourage them to spend some days in our Hotel.

Your nice comments is part of our success in future, thank you once again for your kind thoughts.

Looking forward to your next visit to our beautiful Hotel.

Nevada City, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We first booked our "cottage" on hotels.com and the the pictures look NOTHING like what is was! We arrived and was surprised by how small our rooms were, to me a cottage is bigger than a room at motel 6 but this was so much smaller! It was nice and newly remodeled but VERY small! The prices for beer and alcohol is through the roof! Over $6 for a large beer! So if you find yourself here, best go down the street to the local store and by your own beverages! The food was not good, breakfast and dinner was included but it was buffet style and many times I could find something edible, but would have rather gone out to a local restaurant! The staff didn't seem too happy and the dining area was not as clean and nice as the rooms...when we checked out they tried to charge us for drinks and snacks from our mini bar we did not consume and were never present in our room during our 2 night stay, they also make you check out beach towels, and return them which I think is too much trouble to add on to your guests! So check your bill! make sure you show them and write down what is in the mini bar when you arrive! They do have a free shuttle to town 2x a day that I took advantage of, but only for 2 hours at a time so I found myself not having enough time to eat,shop, and get to know the locals without having to find a ride back on my own!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IBP_Gustu, Guest Relations Manager at Candi Beach Cottage, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Balilight_13,

Thank you for your comments, we do apologize for being dissatisfaction during your stay, however at the same time we also receive some positive comments in all aspect of our hospitality. however we would appreciate your comments. It will be used for our future improvement.

We looking forward to meet you again at our hotel someday,

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The hotel location is a bit remote but then in return you get quiet and relaxing location. It has a nice and white sand beach, which you could do some snorkeling during the low tide.

We stayed in the deluxe cottage, the room is a bit smaller than I imagined but it was cleaned and the bed was just right for me.
Except that I requested for a king bed when we booked and I also called about the bed and they said they would do it, but they still gave me 2 single bed a because I was staying with my wife and a toddler, so in the end they had to join the bed and put some pillow in the gap, which was not really nice for my wife to sleep in the middle of the gap.

The hotel grounds were clean, the garden was really huge and cleaned. Both of the pool were cleaned. The infinity pool was fantastic, the view was a "million dollar view"
Most of the staff were friendly.

As for the food, I have to agree with most of the reviews here. The quality of the food didn't reflect like most other Bali 4 star hotels it tasted more like a 2 star hotel, they really need to do a huge work on the food. They should know it, as during our stayed with almost fully booked room but I didn't see anyone eating in the restaurant. As for the free dinner, they should had not charged the guest for the "normal plain drinking water", as they can provide it during breakfast and they charged around "$1.8 for a 600ml" while the continence store in candidasa sold "$.50cents for 1.5lt", it felt the were trying to earn back the money the from the water. After the first night we always ate outside the hotel as some of the restaurant offered a free pick-up service or delivery service and the food was much cheaper and tastier

Overall, I would love to try stay again once their villa are finished. I hope by that time they have done something about the food. I hope they will have more kid activities in the future as I saw many family with kids during our stay.

Room Tip: Avoid the room near the lobby and the one near the infinity pool as most the construction are coming...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear cloud7879,

Thank you for taking your time, and we do respect your criticism, surely it will be used for our future improvements, we apologize for some reasons that you did not satisfy with our foods, it really hard for us to judge, since at the time we also received the positive comments about our foods, however your comments is valuable for our future business and thank you once again for that.

Looking forward to your next stay.

Denpasar, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Over all I love the property, it was nice, infront of the beach with the huge garden... But unfortunately I really dissapointed with the staff who handled my check in procedure. I stayed on nyepi day for 3days 2 nights. In 5 minute after my arrival, the reception who handling my check in didn't gave me the registration card yet, the cold towel not given yet but she already asked my to settle my room charge directly. 2 week when I made the reservation, I already sent the deposit and as a person who also working at the hospitality, at least we can ask the credit card of guest for guarantee. I don't mind if we have to settle the payment upon arrival, but the way this staff talked is really not friendly and at least she can give us the cold towel first or at least finished our registration first then she can start to talk about the billing, she shouldn't ruin our first 5 minute after arrived. The first impression will made the effect in whole stay. She's totally not friendly!!! But FB staff really nice, they really help me during my stay since my fiance get sick and couldn't walked to restaurant to get some meals. They're really helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IBP_Gustu, Guest Relations Manager at Candi Beach Cottage, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Rica D,

Thank you for your comment even negatives, your disappointment it come to our special attention, especially to the staff who handling you during check in
we do apologized and all your criticism will be used for our future improvement.

Hopefully you will have a chance to come back again, we will try to deliver the best hospitality, especially to you .

Once again your comments is much appreciated.

Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Candi Beach Cottage for 2 nights in Feb 2013. Candidasa was our 4th stop in Bali and have to say that we were disappointed with our stay. First of all, the property was difficult to find from the road. It had a faded and miniscule sign on a billboard bundled with other hotels. Secondly, there was construction which apparently started early Jan 2013. At the time of booking (in Jan), there was no notice on the hotel's website about this otherwise I would have stayed clear of the property. The hotel did offer a free buffet dinner for the inconvenience but the selection was very limited and mostly were of rice variety. Pictures of the rooms are very deceiving - rooms were tiny in reality. While the swimming pools were nice, the other public areas were stuck in the 80s. The main restaurant and its terrace were literally remnants from the early 80s. The GM should look up at the ceiling and see the hundreds of dead bugs inside the ceiling light fixtures. The restaurant/pool bathrooms were scary old. I never went to Berlin when the wall was still up but this is what I imagine a public bathroom would be in the old DDR! The music at dinner was a selection of cheesy 70s and 80s. I mean, come on! Pool service was poor poor poor! You literally had to go look for people if you wanted a drink. One time I saw an elderly couple struggling to re-position their sun chairs with a bunch of staff hanging out and talking by the towel station. Candi Beach was truly a disappointment. Had we not pre-paid, we would have walked out - pronto.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Grace_Parigote,

Thank you for your comments, we do appreciate all your criticism and it will be used for our future improvement, we do apologize for this situation, however we have no complaint so far from our ongoing project, since we not using heavy equipment, therefore no disturbance to our guest in term of noise, however we always keep trying to deliver the best service to all our guest.

Hopefully in future there is a chance for you to visit us again, you will see that our Hotel is the best at this area.

With best regards

Been to Candi Beach Cottage? Share your experiences!