“Still the best in Goa” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Still the best in Goa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This was probably our fifth visit to the property and it is still our favourite destination in India for pure rest and relaxation. The combination of spacious room, beautiful beach, nice waves but not overpowering, excellent food and great service make this a perrenial winner. We also like the fact that there are plenty of lounge chairs on the beach and at the pool, so never a need to wake up and run to either to reserve a chair with your towel. The food at the Goan restaurant is outstanding and is some of the best, authentic Goan food we have experienced. Another plus is the fact that the airport is only 20 - 30 minutes away putting this resort a lot closer than most. We are returning again this year. Need I say more? I just wanted to mention some of the staff that made our visit special from the beach, restaurants and reception: Manu, Minto, Fiona, Frency, Merrylin, Alliston, Avision, Vanessa, Sudipta, Tezas and Surab. Thank you to all of you for making our stay excellent from check in to beach to restaurant...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear KincsZoltan,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us yet again. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay at our resort and we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt service standards we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your kind comments about various features of our resort, especially the Goan cuisine offered at Casa Sarita. I am particularly proud to read your great feedback about my associates. It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests with authentic hospitality and your positive comments are reflective of that. Feedback from guests such as you is a huge motivation to my team and me. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Do visit us on Facebook and stay up to date on event calendars, exclusive offers, destination tips and more.

Thomas Abraham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

My partner and I decided to stay at this 5* accommodation by Arossim Beach during late March.
It is a splendid hotel with very good facilities such as a great selection of restaurants, an excellent spa, great poolside service and right by the beach.

We stayed in a room near to the main reception area, over looking the pool, which was spacious and room service was faultless. The best feature is the sunken bath/shower area.

There was plenty on offer at breakfast, the egg counter was my favourite - there is something about a freshly made omelette in the morning. For lunch and dinner, there is a selection of different cuisine in the 'Marketplace'. I highly recommend their Goan menu - the King Prawn curry was the best I have ever tasted. The service at the 'Marketplace' was a little bit disjointed at times - however, the staff will try their upmost to rectify any issues addressed. Just need to be a little patient at times! Note that priority is given to company events and weddings when they happen - the hotel will close off a restaurant or two to accommodate. This happened on our last night and we were unable to order off the Goan menu which was a disappointment.

The hotel was great at organising a day trip with driver and a guide - we visited a few temples and a plantation which were very interesting and enlightening.

One of the highlights of our stay when we had the 'couple' package at the lovely spa. It was a 2 hour session that included a body wrap, head and body massage. Highly recommended!

The only thing I will suggest to the Park Hyatt Goa in improving the guest experience, is to designate an area of the pool for 'adults only'. There were a few occasions when my afternoon snooze was interrupted by boisterous kids whose parents should've know better. And also, hotel guests should order whatever they want from all the menus in the Marketplace - and not be restricted when there is a wedding or a corporate event on.

Overall, a great hotel and highly recommended if you happen to visit Goa for a chilled break.

Room Tip: Insist on a room near to the main reception area and on the 1st floor - otherwise, you will have to...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Pikachu72,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. At the onset I am saddened to know you had an unpleasant experience during your otherwise pleasant stay with us. I would like to assure you that we take great pride in being a holiday destination for the entire family along with being a preferred venue for weddings and MICE and the comfort of every guest is of paramount importance to us. On a positive note, thank you for your kind comments about various features of our resort particularly our award – winning Sereno Spa and the Goan cuisine at Casa Sarita. We do hope you visit again soon and give us another opportunity to delight you.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We had checked-in in your Hotel on 30th April 2014 at about 3:45, The check-in time was scheduled to be 3:00 but
we checked-in late as the rooms weren't ready yet.
We got the rooms 133 and 135, We were 6 of us.
1. The A/C in both the rooms weren't working well.
Even after a several calls to the Room service,The A/C wasn't properly checked and the same issue was for the next day,
Even after making a several calls to the Duty-manager the A/C wasn't working.!
After making requests there was A COOLER given to us in 133, And when asked for another cooler, They say there was only one cooler.
2. The Swimming pool area, Out there whenever asked for anything,let it be towels or menu or something
your staff preference was the Europeans and this is completely wrong.
3. The most horrifying thing about this complete experience was that on the third day when we ideally had to check out
there were so many calls from the front desk made to us to checkout.
we had our flight at 6 in the evening so checking out at 12:00 was totally useless for us.
However, we left one of our rooms that was 135 at 12:30.
After our lunch when we returned.. And payed the dues at 2:00, We got so many calls from the front desk to just check-out
Your room care takers and all staff were again and again coming and telling us to checkout.
This i felt was completely wrong on your path.
Hyatt being such a big group of Hotels , Should definitely take care of customer satisfaction!
As you are in service industry you cant compromise on your services!
Ive been to alot of 7 star and 5 star hotels in the world.
But I believe this trip has really kept us in a pathetic situation.

Room Tip: A/C totally bad.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Aks_angel1711,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

At the onset I am truly disappointed to know that you had an unsatisfactory stay at our resort and we were unable to provide you the service standards we pride ourselves on. It is truly regrettable to know that we fell short in so many aspects; this is certainly not the standard of service that we endeavour to provide to our guests. Thank you for bringing these discrepancies to my attention; I have raised the same with the concerned departments for improvement. Please be assured, the comfort of our guests is of paramount importance to us. Therefore, on being notified of the non-effectiveness of the air conditioning in your rooms, my associates and I did everything within our capacity to rectify the issue and assure you have a comfortable stay ahead. I am disheartened to know that you have left us with unpleasant memories of your stay here and especially that you felt that we favoured our foreign guests. The Hyatt as a company practices a zero tolerance policy towards discrimination of any nature and this is a policy that we strongly enforce throughout our organisation. While there are reasons for most of the feedback you shared none justify the poor experience faced by you. We do hope you will consider visiting again and allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Amritsar, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Please do not ever plan staying at this hotel in goa.Their hospitality is worst then a wayside motel and their room smelt like a public urinal when we checked in.After changing to another poolside view room the airconditioning was horrible and the staff tried explaining that they maintain a temperature not below 24 degrees becoz thats international standard.This place is a total rip off and no value for the comforts you've paid for.repenting for making this horrible choice!Even their breakfast was below average with paranthas weighing as much as the plate!

• Stayed May 2014
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Grewaldental,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. At the onset I am truly disappointed to know you had an unsatisfactory stay at our resort and we were unable to deliver to you the service standards we pride ourselves on. Please accept my sincere apologies for the areas where we fell short of your and our own expectations. Please be informed, the comfort of our guests is of paramount importance to us. Therefore, on being notified of your discomfort we did offer you a change in room to assure you feel comfortable during the remainder of your stay.With regards to the non-effectiveness of the air conditioning in your room, once again my associates offered you a change in room to assure you have a relaxed stay, which you declined. My associates did everything within our capacity to rectify the issue. Would you like to share further feedback about what you feel was lacking in our breakfast buffet spread? You may write to me directly at parkhyattgoa@hyatt.com. While there are reasons for most of the feedback you shared none justify the poor experience faced by you. I am disheartened to know that you have left us with unpleasant memories of your stay here. We do hope you will consider visiting again and allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

The hotel is well designed and with manicured gardens,service with a smile,closeness to the sea,well done up bedrooms ,makes this resort and spa as the ideal place to spend quality time with the family .the restaurants are well done up and equipped to assist guests with their requests and the team of park hyatt seem to be a well motivated team ,always willing to assist this guest .

Room Tip: try and get a pool facing room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Gnestpankaj,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted to know you consider our resort to be an ideal destination for a perfect family holiday and we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt service standards we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your great comments about various features of our resort. I am particularly proud to read your kind comments about my associates. It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests with authentic hospitality and your positive comments are reflective of that. Feedback from guests such as you is a huge motivation to my team and me. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Splendid hotel with excellent facilities! The rooms are nicely decorated - and the generous bathroom with the outdoor shower was pure luxury. The pool is extraordinary and the park in front of the hotel very well kept. I really liked the yoga classes in the beautiful spa area. The only little thing that could be even better: Rooms service always came quite late during the day. But in sum: Excellent!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear NNJAA67,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay at our resort and we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt experience we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your great comments about various aspects of our resort particularly our unique spa inspired bathrooms. Yes, we do pride ourselves on housing one of the largest swimming pools India. Sorry for the lapse in room service, I have shared your feedback with the concerned department for improvement. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I emailed the hotel personally on our return to England and thanked them for making our holiday so enjoyable.
However I thought I should also comment here.
We arrived at the Park Hyatt after an 8 day tour of the Golden Triangle where we stayed in some amazing hotels (including the Oberoi at Dehli and the Oberoi in Agra-truly 5* hotels) We have also been lucky enough to stay in some top 5 * hotels around the world over the last few years including Thailand, Maldives, Mauritius and Dubai.
We arrived at the hotel at what was a very busy time of the day as a wedding party was leaving However we taken to our room after a cool drink.
On the first day we encountered a couple of minor problems which can happen anywhere irrespective of the hotel but it is how they are dealt with. As soon as it was brought to the hotel's attention they were dealt with immediately. We have to thank Samita and Arjun for their superb guest relations attitude where nothing was too much trouble. From then on you just could not fault this 5 * hotel.
I have at this point to say a special thank you to Samita for all her care she gaves us during our stay. She will remember my wife was not well for several days with a virus but she made sure she was kept informed of how she was, even on her day off. She is a credit to the hotel and we looked forward to seeing her smiling face each day and feel we have now a special friend for life.
I have also to say thank you to the staff at the resturants especially Sanjay, Ash and Barvinder who were again excellent. They even arranged a special diet for my wife. Again we were always met with a smile and again nothing was too much trouble for them.
The hotel is in a superb position and with the lovely weather and brilliant staff from the ladies that did the gardening to the managers.
All I can say from someone who really likes the nice things in life is forget any negative comments you read this is truly a 5* hotel with 6* staff and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel..
Thank you once again for making it a very memorable holday and I hope we can return one day
Simon & Georgina Lewer

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SimonEngland,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback with us and your fellow travellers. We are delighted to know you had a memorable holiday at our resort and we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt service standards we pride ourselves on. At the onset, sorry for the initial inconvenience you experienced, I am happy to know my colleagues could assist you and rectify the same. Thank you for your great comments about various features of our resort. I am particularly proud to read your kind comments about my associates. It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests with authentic hospitality and your positive comments are reflective of that. Feedback from guests such as you is a huge motivation to my team and me. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Thomas Abraham

Been to Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!