“Park Hyatt Goa - never again !!” 1 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cansaulim
Pune, India
“Park Hyatt Goa - never again !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

You have booked a Park Hyatt ?
Do not expect to experience a Park Hyatt at Goa !
It starts with the rooms:
I have booked a Park Deluxe King as pictured at their page to end up in a lower category room overlooking the vehicle access and the tennis court.
Strongly complaint delivered a better room – after 3 and half hours waiting time.
No compensation offered, no excuse !
By the way: I am not a package tourist but an individual traveller and a constant Hyatt guest paying the full price over here !!

It’s the ods and ends of every-day hotel life at the Hyatt Goa which doesn’t match the expectations at all:
Being asked for the drinks at breakfast you may order an orange juice to get a seperate bill later even if your room rate includes bf. Do not book a taxi at the concierge over here: you have no chance to pay the taxi directly because these people add a 30 % extra to a price you better negotiate just outside hotels gate. And they’re not willing to book a taxi you would like to pay instantly.

The list is long: getting to the restaurant half an hour before they’re open will come to nothing but an order at room service using the same kitchen the waiters have told you is closed. Or do not use the beach pavilions, nice places to get away from the beach restaurant’s music program, a 40 seconds loop you’ll ’ be botherd with the whole day – they’re chargeable.
Don’t ask for bikes if you’re an adult: the gadgetry they’ll presentare for kids only and in a condition you better don't trust in. Oh, I forgot: again chargeable of course !

I am at Goa every second month for at least a week - my conclusion: Park Hyatt Goa – never again !! And the worst managed Hyatt I have ever experienced around the World so far !

Room Tip: Take other places at South-Goa !
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Volker K,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

At the onset, I am deeply disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us and we were unable to deliver to you the Park Hyatt experience. We regret our lapse in service with regards to your food and beverage experiences at the resort and assure you this was a one off incident. On being notified of your discontent with the room allocated to you, we offered you a pool view room, if you wished to change rooms. I believe my Executive Assistant Manager – Rooms and Front Office Manager were in constant touch with you during your stay and assured you have a satisfactory stay. I thank you once again for bringing these discrepancies to my attention; I have raised the same with the concerned departments for improvement. We do hope you visit again and give us another opportunity to be able to meet your expectations.

Thomas Abraham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
Noida, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We went somewhere in March 2011, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this place!
Just awesome, the best hotel and resort in India(maybe the world!)
Never been to such an awesome place. Excellent staff behaviour, awesome restaurants and food, just a little walk to the beach, kids room with video games and lot more, big rooms! Nice welcome drinks!
Must go to this place!
I'm too excited to go because I'm going again in March 2013!

Room Tip: You can choose any room as all of them are situated at a great place.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Rushil12,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! I am elated to know you consider our resort the best not only in India, but in the world. It is a pleasure to read such wonderful comments about out resort. We look forward to welcome you back in March 2013.

Do visit us on Facebook and stay up to date on event calendars, exclusive offers, destination tips and more.

Hawthorn Woods, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The best thing about the Park Hyatt is the friendly staff. Beyond that many things are very inconsistent. Best example was the coffee. The first cup was great but following next three attempts to get a refill of the same quality proved to be impossible. Carpet in roon 341 was filthy and the cleanliness of the toilet was well below 5 star standards. Housekeeping staff is very annoying. Make frequent appearances but actually don't do anything. Seem to be showing up only looking for tips. Misplaced my luggage upon arrival. I had to speak with four people before I actually got someone to find the luggage

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Kenw000,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

At the onset, I am deeply disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that we were unable to deliver to you the Park Hyatt experience. It is truly regrettable to know that we fell short in so many aspects; this is certainly not the standard of service that we endeavour to provide to our guests. Thank you for bringing these discrepancies to my attention; I have raised the same with the concerned departments for improvement. I also regret the inconvenience that you experienced due to the luggage being misplaced and the time taken to retrieve it. On a positive note I am happy to read your kind comments about my colleagues. Thank you once again for your feedback. I do hope you and visit again and give us another opportunity to be able to meet your expectations.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is the third beach hotel I have stayed at in Goa and by far the best. The rooms are beautifully decorated and furnished and spotlessly clean. The luxury products in the bathroom are out of this world and replaced daily whether you have used them or not. We came away with 9 bottles!!! The mineral water in the room is not limited to the usual 2 small bottles daily on most days we had 6 and more if we asked for it. It's the extra little touches from the room staff that make the difference, fresh fruit, water put at the side of your bed each evening and toiletries neatly placed when you have used them. The hotel stands in beautifully landscaped gardens and the pool is amazing. My advice if you are a couple without children chose the top smaller pool which is much quieter. The food and drinks can be quite expensive but there are a few shacks out and about which are very good. We read reports that breakfast could be very busy and a bit like a "bun fight" with too few chairs but we didn't experience this at all and found it quite a relaxing experience with a great choice food. Definitely a must if you can afford it!! We had the couples spa, again a bit on the pricey side but well worth it.

Dear Nicola S,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback! We are thrilled to know you consider our resort the best in Goa. I am delighted to know we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt experience we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your positive comments about our resort particularly the in room amenities we have to offer. We strive to provide authentic hospitality which makes a difference in the lives of our guests and your wonderful feedback is reflective of that. We do hope you visit again soon and give us another opportunity to delight you.

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at the Park Hyatt Goa, for 3 nights in Jan 2013. Overall it was a great experience.
The staff is very friendly and go out of their way to assist you.
The beach is simply fantastic!! Also the landscape of the entire hotel is gorgeous. The hotel is vast! You will walk a lot. But you can always ask for a Golf cart to take you from one place to the other.
They have a really nice spa with a extensive menu of treatments and massage therapies.
The pool is great - but surely you would rather sit at the beach any day-, there are also tennis courts and archery lawns.
The food was good. I wouldn't say it was exceptional. The Italian Da Luigi is very good though. The Goan Restaurant Casa Sarita is simply overrated. The food was actually below average.
It's quite a kid friendly place.
Its location is about 45 min away from Velha Goa and Panjimn city, which was an advantage - at least in my books. I don't like being close to the hustle of bustle of the city which is filled with tourist traps. It is a bit secluded however you can always get a taxi near the main gate.
It's only 20 min away from the airport however and about a 12 min drive to a great restaurant called "Martin's Corner" (check my review on that).

Room Tip: Make sure you get a sea view room! Although the landscape is excellent but the garden view rooms fel...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Nonni,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for your valuable feedback! I am pleased to know we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt experience we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your wonderful comments about our resort, particularly our award-winning Sereno Spa and vast landscaped gardens. I am a bit disappointed to know that you were not very pleased with your dining experience at Casa Sarita. Is there any reason in particular that you felt the food was below average? Thank you once again for sharing your feedback. We do hope you visit soon and give us another opportunity to delight you.

delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We visited there yesterday. went for our son's b day on 23rd Jan. Excellent property with lovely landscaping and quiet surroundings. Amazing service and staff. They have made every possible effort to make even the tiniest experience excellent for the visitors. Starting from reception till bid-a-bye they are just superb. Rooms are very nice, clean, beautiful. Beds are comfy and there is every smallest facility in the room. Pool side guys are so nice that they can do anything to make you feel comfortable. ONLY downside is pricing of food which I really found is too much. Somehow it wasn't that much great. Also, they didn't do anything extra to go out of way to make my son's b'day memorable there like other places where I have visited in last 3 years for my son's bday.
Rest, I am sure to stay here every time I visit South Goa. Better than 5 stars properties I have already stayed in. Bingo!

Room Tip: Pool views rooms were best to have easy access in terms of proximity!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Himani2,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on this special occasion. I am delighted to know you had an awesome experience at our resort and we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt service standards we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your positive feedback especially your kind comments about my colleagues. With regards to the food pricing at the resort, I would like to inform you it is on par with that of other five star hotels in Goa. We also regret that we fell short while trying to make your son’s birthday a memorable one, and that this special celebration at our resort was not reflective of our intuitive service. We do hope you visit again soon and give us another opportunity to serve you.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Just 20 minutes from Goa Airport, the resort has a beautiful grown garden and endless long beach to enjoy a walk in the sun. The spa is very professional and proactive - you need to try Yoga classes and after all the workout - a must try is the Goan Restaurant Casa Sarita. Just excellent. The rooms are in a traditional Goan style with wooden ceiling all in small houses so you it creates a beautiful cozy atmosphere. People are so helpful and friendly. All in all we regreted that we could only stay for 3 nights...we will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Use the fan instead of the AC if the temperature allows - total silence in the room. Goan Restauran...
Dear HasiundHasiReisen,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback! It is our constant endeavour to provide guests with authentic hospitality and your comments are reflective of that. Thank you for your encouraging and kind comments about the facilities our resort has to offer. I am especially glad to read your positive feedback about our award-winning Sereno Spa and our signature Goan restaurant, Casa Sarita. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Thomas Abraham

Been to Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!