“Not the greatest place when you compare to other resorts” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cansaulim
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Not the greatest place when you compare to other resorts”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

If you look at other resorts at the same price it is not even close to them.

This property is old (the infrastructure in the bathrooms is an example) and the food/service is below average. But, The people are great with limited training.

We had multiple issues with the F&B and room service over the period of stay. We didn't raise concerns until they repeated the same thing. The F&B guy tried to do something but our package included some F&B so the free stuff did not even make sense as we did not even close to our limit.

It is shame it is a Hyatt. I maintain a high number of hotel stays globally with elite status at various properties globally including SPG and priority club. I expected more from a resort no matter the property ownership when you pay so much. It is not like we used points to stay for free. I hope Hyatt tries to address this concern.

So, try other properties before considering this one.

• Stayed December 2012
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear ANC892,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

At the onset, I am deeply disheartened to know we were unable to deliver to you the Park Hyatt service standards we pride ourselves on. I assure you, I personally ensure that all our staff undergo corrective training on a regular basis so that we are able to meet the expectations of our guests. Thank you for sharing your discrepancy with regards to our food and beverage service and I regret that we could not meet your expectations despite your repeated requests. I have raised these concerns with my respective department for improvement. I do hope you will visit again soon and give us another opportunity to serve you and see the difference your feedback has made.

Thomas Abraham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
New Delhi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

After criss-crossing the country, this was my first visit to Goa and wanted to live it to the fullest goan spirit. And after living the North-Goa Hustle for 4 days, we decided to recluse at a nice south-goa resort and booked at Hyatt.

Inspite of requesting for a early check-in and more so reaching the hotel by 12, the check-in happened only by 3 PM. ( puzzling 3 pm check-in). And to our dismay, the room awarded was next to another that was under renovation, much to appease the guests and more so when the hotel wasnt at 100%. Experience the noise from the ongoing construction in an otherwise quiet and serene place. Food was pretty average going by the standard of a 5-star hotel. In fact had better food outside in much smaller places in North-Goa. The check-out was to be as interesting as the check-in. Inspite of placing an advance request ( previous night and then again in the morning) for keeping the bill ready, one had to stil wait in the morning for the final computations. The manager at the reception was courteous to suggest for something to get packed from the resturant since we were rushing. So in the meanwhile the luggage was being transferred to the hotel coach, we decided to walk to the resturant. However comes a strong refusal to pack anything, an order from the resturant manager. May-be a policy the manager at the reception was not aware of.

On the flip we really liked the big rooms with big bathrooms, the man-made lagoon, the large pools and of-course the expansive garden. Learnt that the resort was the most preferred destination for having a Goa/beach marriage. Could that explain the average food quality??

Pretty steep food prices, but then be good at what is being charged for !!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mudrarakshas,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

At the onset, I am deeply disheartened to learn that you did not have a pleasant stay and that we were unable to deliver to you the Park Hyatt experience. It is truly regrettable to know that we fell short in so many aspects. We strive to ensure that there is minimal disturbance to our guests when periodic maintenance work is undertaken at the resort, and I deeply regret the inconvenience you experienced on this account. In regard to parceled food from the restaurant, I am sorry to know that you were misinformed. We encourage take-away and I have raised your complaint with the concerned department. Thank you once again for your feedback. I do hope you and your family will visit again and give us another opportunity to be able to meet your expectations.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

There is no doubt that this is a beautiful hotel and the overall experience is very good. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, decorated very nicely and staff are attentive. The pool area is well designed and relaxing to be around. The grounds are well maintained and beach is gorgeous.

I agree with the review re the food prices, it can get very expensive to eat at the restaurants, some things feel really over priced - particularly considering this is India and great food can be found at a fraction of the price. The only breakfast available is buffet style, and while it was very good you have to pay full price whether you indulge or just have a piece of fruit! It was also confusing as to whether this was included, some days we were charged and others not..

Our biggest disappointment was with the internet charges. Unbelievable that in a resort of this quality (and price) we were expected to 1. pay for internet access and 2. pay approx $15 per day for the privilege. There isn't even a common area where free wifi is available for all guests to use. I don't think it's unreasonable for todays traveler to expect wifi, especially at a resort of this quality - we felt totally ripped off by this. Plus we stayed at far cheaper hotels all around India on this same trip and wifi was available and free in all of them.

Overall a really nice hotel but I would research some of the other luxury options in the area before deciding where to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lisasimpson2,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I am happy to know you found our hotel beautiful and I am pleased to read your kind comments about various aspects of your stay. It is disheartening to read your comments about the food and internet prices at the hotel and to know that this marred your otherwise pleasant stay. I would like to inform you the food and internet pricing at the resort is on par with that of any other five star hotel in Goa. With regards to the breakfast options, I would like to bring to your attention that besides the breakfast buffet spread, you may choose to dine from the in room menu or place an a la carte order at the restaurant. Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us. We do hope you visit again soon and give us another opportunity to serve you.

Pune, Maharashtra, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Had a terrible experience with this hotel. They claimed to block my debit card for day's room rent but actually debited the amount from my bank. They did not even care to reverse this transaction till I brought this to their notice. Further now for the past one month I am behind them to credit my account with this amount, but what I get is empty assurances and email copies from their banker (Axis Bank) with zero concrete results on ground. All from the Credit manager to Assistant director of finance just do sweet talking and hardly take any action.. Hope others do not have to go through this misery of begging for your own money :(

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear ASambhari,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

I am deeply disheartened to know you had an unpleasant experience at our resort. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you were put through. However, I understand my Assistant Director of Finance and Credit Manager are in constant touch with you and are doing everything within their capacity to expedite and resolve the issue immediately. We do hope you visit again soon and give us another opportunity to serve you.

Jersey, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Overall experience can be described as disappointing spoilt mainly by two issues ;

1. The hotel food is extremely expensive for the quality and variety provided. for a simple snack meal like an innocent burger be prepared to pay $20 of which 30% of that is taxes .. surprisingly the other external restaurants we sampled didnt have these huge taxes. For example you get charged 5% service charge, 20% VAT and 4.944% Service tax.

For a an evening meal with water (no wine) from the restaurant, we got charged R4500 or $90 when only a 2 course meal was had; a romantic 3 course meal at the sea food restaurant requires a minimum spend of $300 (R15000).. this is more expensive than a michellin star food!

We got to sample food from the Marriott which had better service and variety of food at half the cost of Park Hyatt!

Kiwi collections need to be transparent to their customers to highlight the extra costs.

2. The concept of having 4 restaurants while great was a great failure for two reasons; one, the service was extremely slow, waiters seemed to be confused most of the time, and you were likely to get asked for an order by more than two waiters! secondly if you and your partner end up ordering from two different restaurants chances are that you will not get your orders at the same time.

The concept could be improved by having a central food station with the different varieties on offer to better ensure co-ordination in the order delivery process.

Otherwise staff were very nice and served with a smile... however unlikely I would recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Joel M,

Thank you for your candid review of your stay with us. At the onset, I deeply regret that we fell short with regard to our service at the restaurants and were unable to deliver to you the Park Hyatt service standards. Thank you for bringing this discrepancy to my attention, I have shared the same with my concerned department for improvement. Your feedback is appreciated. However, I would like to inform you the food pricing at the resort is in par with that of any other five star hotel in Goa. On a positive note, I am pleased to read your kind comments about my colleagues. I do hope you visit again soon and see the difference your feedback has made.

Ingatestone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Arriving at this beautiful hotel, we were instantly greeted with a huge smile, cocktail and an ice cold flannel, checking in was a breeze .
Our bags arrived at our very impressive deluxe room, before we did, and so our two weeks in the sun began.
46 acres of wonderful gardens leads down to a beach of golden sand , palm trees, rolling waves and the odd shack.
Back in the hotel, the pool area was huge, great comfy sunbeds, towels already supplied, and no problems getting a favourite spot.
The staff in this hotel are exceptional, and the levels of service are superb ,
Quality of food was of a really great standard, and if you didn't fancy dressing up, you could dine casually in the hotel market square.
I have been to Goa several times, and stayed in many different hotels, last year in the Taj Exotica , which was approx the same cost, but hand on heart, the Park Hyatt, is in a league of its own
So if its great rooms, great service, great food, and a fantastic holiday your looking for, and not forgetting the pampering in the Spa, you will not find better.
There is so much to see in Goa, from the waterfalls, the spice plantation and elephant rides, shopping in Panji, temples, churches, cathedral ,hippy market, plus much more, just do it by a local taxi, in your own time and own pace, and it will still be half the price of an official excursion .

Room Tip: Go out and shop locally to help with local commerce
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Johnnyr666,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am delighted to know you had a wonderful stay with us and we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt service standards that we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your positive comments about our resort especially the quality of food offered. I am particularly pleased to read your kind comments about my colleagues. It is our constant endeavor to provide authentic hospitality to all our guests and your positive comments are reflective of this commitment. We do hope you visit again soon and give us another opportunity to delight you.

Do visit us on Facebook and stay up to date on event calendars, exclusive offers, destination tips and more.

Udamalpet, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

excellent property with largest swimming pool in india and open jaccuzi, camp hyatt to take care of your children and lots more sunken bath tub, rain shower, very spacious room with large balcony
excellent house keeping, very nice beach with govt coast guard are few to mention

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Orthocare,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for staying with us! I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay at our resort and we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt service standards we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your positive comments about various features of our resort especially our rooms with their unique sunken baths and Camp Hyatt, our young guest programme. I am particularly happy to read your kind comments about my housekeeping team. We look forward to welcome you and your family soon.

Thomas Abraham

Been to Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!