1. Great location: 2 mins from Baga, 5 mins from Calangute and 10 mins from Anjuna Beach.
2. New property: Fairly modern property with great amenities.
3. Rooms: THE BEST PART, big sized rooms with all the modern amenities, balcony, high quality and comfortable furniture and an amazing bathroom..
4. Service: Exceptional service provide by the hotel staff.
5. Swimming Pool: fairly big swimming pool with amazing pool bar.
6. Restaurants: The food here is awesome, each restaurant of the hotel has its own flavour.
7. Spa: They have an awarded spa within the hotel.
8. Poolside Dining
9. Fully furnished private villas for group travellers.
1. Beach not within the walking distance, although not too far.
2. Food served in the room not as great as compared to their restaurants.
1. Brittos: An amazing seaside restaurant on the Baga Beach with great music by their live band and the breathtaking view of the ocean.
2. Tito's, Mambo's and Cafe Capetown: The best pubs and bars in the entire Goa just a couple of minutes ride from the property.
3. Calangute: The most famously beach in Noth Goa, famous for the watersports. And is just 5 minutes of bike ride from the hotel.
4. Curly's @ The Anjuna Beach: The rocky beach, the lively shack (Curly's), the amazing crowd and the breathtaking views, just 10 mins of bike ride.
5. Anjuna's Flee Market: Just 8 mins of bike ride.
Recommended duration of stay: 4 nts +
Served by: Durgesh (A very courteous chap)
This was my 1st trip to Goa and was planned in a rush. Booked the hotel online just the same day as we travelled. All we knew was that we have to stay in Goa and we followed our instinct with Resort Rio and eventually just made the right decision..
If you are not fussed about staying right on the beach, this property might be an amazing option.
The property is fairly new with all the modern amenities. It's nestled in a peaceful location, yet not too far from the vibrant Colors of Goa.
I rented a Bullet 500 classic and discovered almost each place in North Goa, but couldn't find a property as luxurious as this one anywhere.
The service was awesome, especially by a staff member called Durgesh, he was courteous and prompt with any query.
The best part of the property is its rooms, especially the Luxury Deluxe rooms (the name is justified) and the suites. Each room has a very big balcony with a private sit out and beautiful views of the hotel's pool and the Baga lake.
The pool is fairly big and they serve some amazing cocktails at the pool bar.
The minibar was good and the prices were fairly reasonable.
I must say that the food in the restaurants was fabulous.
The location is perfect if you are planning to rent a bike or a car.
And always recommended to request the lake view rooms on the higher floors. If not available, you might as well request the pool view rooms.
After the 1st trip in May we had a second chance to visit Goa in August. A few friends of mine had booked The Park Goa this time, the property was at an amazing location and was overlooking the sea. But, the service and the rooms were pathetic.
We then decided to check out of the hotel the netxt day and I convinced everyone to go for Rio resort.
I spoke to Durgesh again and he arranged 6 rooms for us at a fairly reasonable cost, and each of our group member was glad to be at the resort. No one minded staying a little away from the beach since hey found the property up to the mark.
It's a resort for every age group and would match everyone's taste.
If planning to go to North Goa, go to this resort on my recommendation and you'd fall in love with the place..
Be there to have the time of your life!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort Rio, A Five Star Luxury Deluxe Spa resort in Goa, is spread over 10 acres on the banks of the Baga river and is just a 5 minute drive from the world famous Baga beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Prestigia and Tingo so you can book your Resort Rio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort Rio Hotel Arpora
- Resort Rio Goa/Arpora