I stayed at The Beautiful South throughout my week's stay in the Cape Town area. It's a good base for tours to see the wine region and (inexpensive) private shuttles can be arranged for trips into Cape Town. Stellenbosch itself is a lovely university town - lots of cafes and restaurants, against a scenic mountain backdrop.
I really couldn't have had a better introduction to South Africa than at The Beautiful South guesthouse. The service was very friendly and personable and the guesthouse itself very nice and homey. I took the funky Austin Powers room which didn't have a view but that didn't matter at all as the pool was only 10 secs away. The bed was very comfortable too. All in all, I felt very at home there and it is well worth the money (it isn't expensive anyway).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our house is a thatched jewel, centrally located but quiet, right in the heart of the university area. Surrounded by old trees and flowers, you find it with a dreamy garden and a big pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Beautiful South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Beautiful South Hotel Stellenbosch
- Beautiful South Stellenbosch
- Beautiful South Hotel Stellenbosch