What a rude bad experience we had today 23 September 2013.
First of all I work for Stellenbosch/Cape Tourism.
My girlfriend just came back from Bangkok, Thailand and I wanted to surprise her with the wine and chocolate pairing.
In the wine hand out it states that the tasting room closes at 17:00
We came at the tasting room at 16:45 and the guy at the door (I think the host) welcomed us and said they are still opened for tastings.
When we got inside a guy called Richard said they are closed but my gf said its not even 17:00 so he said then go speak to the manager! Rozane Els
She said we closed! but there were others tasting !
This experience puts a very bad taste in my mouth, and I would not suggest Lanzerac to my clients anymore, I wouldn't want them to experience this kind of service.
I have been to the tasting room a lot to refresh my memory usually a girl called Lucia worked there she is great and helpful.
- Also Known As:
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Hotel Stellenbosch
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Stellenbosch
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a 155ha working wine estate, on the outskirts of picturesque Stellenbosch, the historic 300-year-old Lanzerac Hotel & Spa is the perfect base from which to explore SA’s most famous winelands. With just 48 luxurious bedrooms, this 180-year-old Manor House exudes an air of intimacy and provides the ultimate in personalized service.The hotel’s fine-dining restaurant with several different dining areas offers guests a wide choice of culinary styles. Guests end their evenings over coffees, liqueurs, cognacs and cigars enjoyed either in the trendy Esquire Whiskey & Cigar Bar or in the elegant Craven Lounge with its genuine antiques and authentic Cape Dutch architecture. Whilst the historic Manor House provides an ideal venue for private in-or-outdoor conferences and functions, the picturesque setting of the Manor Lawns offers the perfect opportunity for exclusive outdoor events and lavish weddings. Leisure activities include swimming in one of the hotel’s 3 outdoor pools, golfing, hiking and mountain biking, wine tasting and cellar tours. Treatments at the world-class Lanzerac Spa & Wellness Center take place against a stunning backdrop of mountains and vineyards, ensuring you leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The spa has recently added the revolutionary “Dr.Fish” Therapy to its repertoire, where tiny fish are utilized to exfoliate the skin and give it a micro-massage. Come and experience true South African heritage, first-class service and luxury, superior pampering and wellness! We’ve been preparing for your arrival for over 300 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Lanzerac Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.