My husband and I were looking for a lazy Friday afternoon restaurant and as we have stayed at Lanzerac before we thought we'd take a trip down memory lane, after all it is 5 stars. We sat in the courtyard of the Terrace Restaurant and it is a magnificent setting, well kept gardens etc. The staff were OK although we had three different people tending to us. I orderdered the chicken roulade which ended up being a dry baby chicken breast on top of some aubergine and a raw pastry-ish thing (I have no idea what it was) and what seemed a teaspoon of an olive tapenade on top. My husband ordered the linefish of the day, Kingklip and mash but this was the size of the palm of my hand and drenched in a cheese sauce. presentation was poor and I believe my chicken was warmed up in a microwave as the one corner of the chicken was rock hard. I sent mine back and it was still on the bill! I complained and many apoligies were given that she forgot to tell the cashier to remove it. Very very disappointing indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a 155ha working wine estate, on the outskirts of picturesque Stellenbosch, the historic 300-year-old Lanzerac Hotel & Spa is the perfect base from which to explore SA’s most famous winelands. With just 48 luxurious bedrooms, this 180-year-old Manor House exudes an air of intimacy and provides the ultimate in personalized service.The hotel’s fine-dining restaurant with several different dining areas offers guests a wide choice of culinary styles. Guests end their evenings over coffees, liqueurs, cognacs and cigars enjoyed either in the trendy Esquire Whiskey & Cigar Bar or in the elegant Craven Lounge with its genuine antiques and authentic Cape Dutch architecture. Whilst the historic Manor House provides an ideal venue for private in-or-outdoor conferences and functions, the picturesque setting of the Manor Lawns offers the perfect opportunity for exclusive outdoor events and lavish weddings. Leisure activities include swimming in one of the hotel’s 3 outdoor pools, golfing, hiking and mountain biking, wine tasting and cellar tours. Treatments at the world-class Lanzerac Spa & Wellness Center take place against a stunning backdrop of mountains and vineyards, ensuring you leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The spa has recently added the revolutionary “Dr.Fish” Therapy to its repertoire, where tiny fish are utilized to exfoliate the skin and give it a micro-massage. Come and experience true South African heritage, first-class service and luxury, superior pampering and wellness! We’ve been preparing for your arrival for over 300 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lanzerac Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Hotel Stellenbosch
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Stellenbosch