One thing is for sure : the location is perfect and the estate beautiful, surrounded by mountains and vineyards. But as far as the rest is concerned ... First, the place is not clean : mold in the swimming pool, dirty linens, stained towels, ... Then, the service is no good : the only thing I asked for was to make a reservation for a music festival : they could get any ticket - which is not their fault, but did call me to give me the information ! I had to call back to find out, and then they did not give me any advice to make other arrangements . Breakfast time : no one is there to tell you what to do or where to sit; and then, after a while, you have to almost grab a waiter to get coffee. We stayed in that place right after staying in Cape Grace : the difference of quality is stoning, especially for two hotels of the same range.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a 155ha working wine estate, on the outskirts of picturesque Stellenbosch, the historic 300-year-old Lanzerac Hotel & Spa is the perfect base from which to explore SA’s most famous winelands. With just 48 luxurious bedrooms, this 180-year-old Manor House exudes an air of intimacy and provides the ultimate in personalized service.The hotel’s fine-dining restaurant with several different dining areas offers guests a wide choice of culinary styles. Guests end their evenings over coffees, liqueurs, cognacs and cigars enjoyed either in the trendy Esquire Whiskey & Cigar Bar or in the elegant Craven Lounge with its genuine antiques and authentic Cape Dutch architecture. Whilst the historic Manor House provides an ideal venue for private in-or-outdoor conferences and functions, the picturesque setting of the Manor Lawns offers the perfect opportunity for exclusive outdoor events and lavish weddings. Leisure activities include swimming in one of the hotel’s 3 outdoor pools, golfing, hiking and mountain biking, wine tasting and cellar tours. Treatments at the world-class Lanzerac Spa & Wellness Center take place against a stunning backdrop of mountains and vineyards, ensuring you leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The spa has recently added the revolutionary “Dr.Fish” Therapy to its repertoire, where tiny fish are utilized to exfoliate the skin and give it a micro-massage. Come and experience true South African heritage, first-class service and luxury, superior pampering and wellness! We’ve been preparing for your arrival for over 300 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Lanzerac Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Hotel Stellenbosch
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Stellenbosch