My wife & I stayed at the Lanzerac over The New Year period. The staff couldn't do enough to make sure we had an enjoyable stay and went out of their way to ensure we had a good time, recommending a number of restaurants, winery's and locations to hire mountain bikes. We stayed in a superior room that shared a swimming pool with two other rooms. The room in general was large and extremely comfortable. Despite being a little bit 'frayed' around the edges the rooms were characterful and pleasant. Our kids 17 & 19 shared a standard room which was also of a very good size. We ate in the restaurant every evening. The menu was varied and offer a choice of three choices on each course. On New Years Eve the hotel laid on a splendid seven course gala dinner. The setting of the hotel s superb and idyllic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a 155ha working wine estate, on the outskirts of picturesque Stellenbosch, the historic 300-year-old Lanzerac Hotel & Spa is the perfect base from which to explore SA’s most famous winelands. With just 48 luxurious bedrooms, this 180-year-old Manor House exudes an air of intimacy and provides the ultimate in personalized service.The hotel’s fine-dining restaurant with several different dining areas offers guests a wide choice of culinary styles. Guests end their evenings over coffees, liqueurs, cognacs and cigars enjoyed either in the trendy Esquire Whiskey & Cigar Bar or in the elegant Craven Lounge with its genuine antiques and authentic Cape Dutch architecture. Whilst the historic Manor House provides an ideal venue for private in-or-outdoor conferences and functions, the picturesque setting of the Manor Lawns offers the perfect opportunity for exclusive outdoor events and lavish weddings. Leisure activities include swimming in one of the hotel’s 3 outdoor pools, golfing, hiking and mountain biking, wine tasting and cellar tours. Treatments at the world-class Lanzerac Spa & Wellness Center take place against a stunning backdrop of mountains and vineyards, ensuring you leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The spa has recently added the revolutionary “Dr.Fish” Therapy to its repertoire, where tiny fish are utilized to exfoliate the skin and give it a micro-massage. Come and experience true South African heritage, first-class service and luxury, superior pampering and wellness! We’ve been preparing for your arrival for over 300 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Lanzerac Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Hotel Stellenbosch
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Stellenbosch